Trump may well lead us into a second Mexican American War.

Mexico threatens to cancel treaty that ceded Texas and California to US if Trump gets elected

So, to clarify, if Trump were to get elected, and start doing the very things he is promising to do, Mexico will start by taking back the entire Southwest, and move on from there.

Now, before the Trump supporters come in here all blustery with, "Who cares? We'd kick their asses...blah, blah, blah...", keep in mind that this proposal, and such militaristic responses, rather undercuts Trump's whole, "Mexico loves me, I'm the Great Negotiator, and Mexico will pay for the wall," rhetoric, don'cha think?
A Mexican senator's bullshit represents Mexico in your mind? You did too much LSD and didn't make it all the way back.

A second Mexican American war might be just what we need.
Says the supporter of "The Great Negotiator who is universally beloved by the world's leaders". That is your Trump presidency, folks. Wars with everyone, as his arrogance pisses off every single ally we ever had.
What has Trump said that has you so convinced he wants to start wars with everyone?
When I tell you that your mother is a whore, and I left money on the nightstand for her, I don't want a fight, but that will not alter the reality of you hitting me in the face.

Trump may not want wars with everyone, but, as this bill in Mexico is demonstrating, that won't alter the reality that his pompous arrogance is going to piss everyone off, until we have no allies left in the world.
It's nothing more than sabre rattling.
Think about that response for a second. Do you know who engages in "sabre rattling"? Enemies. Not friends. Not allies. Enemies. Last time I looked, Mexico is not an enemy. How much "sabre rattling" goes on between us, and Britain? Us, and Canada? Us, and France? Germany? Any ally??? Now, we have had sabre rattling from North Korea, Russia, Many Middle East countries...you know...the not allies.
Mexico is the one violating our sovereignty, so they basically make themselves our enemies. They also say they won't take back the criminal illegals we send back. Maybe we need to spank them and show them we are the boss on this continent?

A second Mexican American war might be just what we need.

Hell, the entire nation takes a friggen nap every day! Yeah, that will be a tough war!
That is a bad representation of Mexicans. The siesta enjoying, lazy Mexican is one of those few stereotypes that are actually false. That caricature of Mexican men comes from California's orange orchards, where migrant workers work 8hrs on...and come back for another. 8 hrs at night. Many of them slept in hammocks until they had to go back to work.

Mexicans by and large are great workers.

Actually, I would love to get this settled once and for all.

A war would mean, we would destroy the Mexican military and government. We then would be in charge, and we would run the country much the same way we did with Japan post WWII.
We then could set up a much more pro-America permanent government.

Of course none of this is actually going to happen, but it's fun to think about.

The bill establishes that, should the United States decide not to honor its obligations under the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA), the Mexican Senate would proceed to review all of the 75 treaties that Mexico has with its northern neighbor. These begin with the territories ceded by Mexico in 1848 and extend to security cooperation agreements since 2001.

Mexico threatens to cancel treaty that ceded Texas and California to US if Trump gets elected

So, to clarify, if Trump were to get elected, and start doing the very things he is promising to do, Mexico will start by taking back the entire Southwest, and move on from there.

Now, before the Trump supporters come in here all blustery with, "Who cares? We'd kick their asses...blah, blah, blah...", keep in mind that this proposal, and such militaristic responses, rather undercuts Trump's whole, "Mexico loves me, I'm the Great Negotiator, and Mexico will pay for the wall," rhetoric, don'cha think?
...and how exactly is Mexico going to take anything from the US? Do they have a Death Star i dont know about, or maybe an army of T-1000s? How the fuck are they gonna take anything from the US?

Mexico isnt going to do shit, so your entire OP is flawed.

Forum List

Back