Trump now wonders if Rubio is even eligible to be president........

ABikerSailor

Diamond Member
Aug 26, 2008
After mounting many attacks against Ted Cruz for being born in Canada (to a US born mother), and calling into question his eligibility to serve as president, Trump has shifted his sights to another candidate.

Rubio.

It now seems that Trump is wondering if Rubio is eligible to serve as president as well. He even re tweeted a post wondering about Rubio's citizenship.

Trump: I'm not sure Rubio is eligible for presidency - CNNPolitics.com

Here's what Wikipedia says about Rubio..........

Rubio was born in Miami, Florida,[1] the second son and third child of Mario Rubio Reina[2] and Oriales (née Garcia) Rubio. His parents were Cubans who immigrated to the United States in 1956, prior to the rise of Fidel Castro in January 1959.[3] His mother made at least four trips back after Castro’s victory, including for a month in 1961.[3] Neither of his parents was a U.S. citizen at the time of Rubio’s birth,[4] but his parents applied foU.S. citizenship and were naturalized in 1975.[3]

Marco Rubio - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Rubio WAS born in this country, but his parent's were not citizens at the time of his birth, effectively making him an "anchor baby".

Do you people agree with Trump?

Personally? I think that Trump is just fishing for something to make stick on Rubio, because he seems to have come up far enough that Trump sees him as a threat.

Birtherism...............the gift that keeps on giving.

Misleading and inaccurate title/OP. Here is what was said:

"it was a retweet -- not so much with Marco,"

"I mean, let people make their own determination," Trump said.

"I've never looked at it, George," Trump said. "I honestly have never looked at it. As somebody said, he's not. And I retweeted it. I have 14 million people between Twitter and Facebook and Instagram, and I retweet things and we start dialogue and it's very interesting."

In that interview, Trump said that while he doesn't see Cruz as eligible for the presidency, he has no doubt of Rubio's eligibility.

After mounting many attacks against Ted Cruz for being born in Canada (to a US born mother), and calling into question his eligibility to serve as president, Trump has shifted his sights to another candidate.

Rubio.

It now seems that Trump is wondering if Rubio is eligible to serve as president as well. He even re tweeted a post wondering about Rubio's citizenship.

Rubio was born in Miami, Florida,[1] the second son and third child of Mario Rubio Reina[2] and Oriales (née Garcia) Rubio. His parents were Cubans who immigrated to the United States in 1956, prior to the rise of Fidel Castro in January 1959.[3] His mother made at least four trips back after Castro’s victory, including for a month in 1961.[3] Neither of his parents was a U.S. citizen at the time of Rubio’s birth,[4] but his parents applied foU.S. citizenship and were naturalized in 1975.[3]

Rubio WAS born in this country, but his parent's were not citizens at the time of his birth, effectively making him an "anchor baby".

Rubio is not eligible. The founders would have never let him be president.

Rubio.

Wrong as always.

Rubio.

Why would the founders have stopped him? He was born here in the US and is still considered a natural born citizen, even if his parents were immigrants and not citizens at the time of his birth.

Rubio.

Rubio was not an "anchor baby", since both of his parents were legal immigrants prior to his birth.

"I've never looked at it, George," Trump said. "I honestly have never looked at it. As somebody said, he's not. And I retweeted it. I have 14 million people between Twitter and Facebook and Instagram, and I retweet things and we start dialogue and it's very interesting."

In that interview, Trump said that while he doesn't see Cruz as eligible for the presidency, he has no doubt of Rubio's eligibility.

He's retweeting it to try to sow doubts in people's minds.

Then he backtracks to give himself plausible deniability.

It's pretty obvious what he's doing.

Rubio.

Why would the founders have stopped him? He was born here in the US and is still considered a natural born citizen, even if his parents were immigrants and not citizens at the time of his birth.
Fun fact: none of the founders were natural born.

Rubio.

But they were good at killing people.

Exactly Toro. He makes shit up, vaguely refers to it and then asks if it's true or not.

If challenged on the veracity of the statement, he says he's just wondering, because "good people have said things, and it can't be good if they're true".

He then follows it up (if he thinks he can get away with it), by referring to "experts" and "people working on it", whom he never mentions by name.

Rubio.

But they were good at killing people.
True! Europeans gave the native Americans small pox and other "gifts" .

Rubio.

Because the founders installed the natural born
citizen clause, Article 2 Section1 Clause 5, as asafety net to prevent a president from having foreign influence. The father of the 14th Amendment, Rep John Bingham defined a Constitutional natural born citizen as this on the house floor in 1866:

"Every human being born within the United States of parents not owing allegiance to any foreign sovereignty is in the language of your Constitution itself, a natural born citizen."

Rubios parents did not owe allegiance to the US until well after his birth. He would have never passed as a natural born citizen. Here is John Jay's (the 1st supreme Court Justice) letter to George Washington while he was framing the presidential natural born citizen clause.

th

I disagree and his statement on this Tweet/issue is pretty clear. Not to mention he did say he has no doubt about Rubios eligibility. No where in his statement did he cast doubt on it.

Forum List

Back