Trump: Police need to be thanked, not constantly derided

He's right.

There is a difference is having an honest discussion regarding police....including criticizing some things....versus blanket smearing of cops and using phrases such as "oink oink bang bang" or roasting a pig with a cop hat on it.

The % of cops who end up in questionable shootings is statistically about 0.000005%.

So Trump is right.

We can and should discuss those 0.000005% as ISOLATED from the 99.999995% of other cops. Without burning cities preferably.
And where do you get your stats from? According to the FBI director their is no stats on police misconduct. The violent crime control and law enforcement act passed by congress in 1994 was supposed to keep track of police misconduct. It had full bipartisan support. The act was never implemented as police unions began to unify and pass state laws prohibiting the data from being recorded. They only give information on a voluntary basis, which means only time video is taken that they do not control and it hits the media.

So since they control the data and do not relinquish it, nobody knows how bad or how far this problem is or even if there is a problem. The videos that have come to light have been troubling and it seems when the police control the video it takes years to release it if the officer looks bad, but if it is video that shows the officer in a good light the police release it within hours and video or information showing the perpetrator as being a law breaker even it has nothing to do wih the case at hand.

The solution would enforce the congressional act with an agency that is separate from the chain of command of the police. If police see a pattern of aggression within their ranks by certain officers, yet do not evaluate or suspend that officer before an incident happens, then they are culpable and negligent as officers.

My points are there are no stats because police each district keeps its own records and it is not release able to the public. so you cannot possibly know that they are all bad or all good. It gives the impression of corruption, with no oversight.

Washington Post 2015 police shooting stats.
DOJ stats on claims of police abuse (that stat is 5%. 5% of cops are accused of wrongdoing...and that includes false allegations.)

Police simply need to be held accountable like the rest of us would when they break the laws and when they abuse their positions of power. It's not really that hard. There is a reason why trust in law enforcement is at a 20 year old.
That's what really pisses people off. It even pisses off a lot of young police officers.

Police simply need to be held accountable like the rest of us would when they break the laws and when they abuse their positions of power. It's not really that hard. There is a reason why trust in law enforcement is at a 20 year low
So tell us your anecdotal story that made you into one of the Top two cop haters on the board :rolleyes-41:

At his Iowa speech he said people that criticize the police (like USMB's resident libertarian wannabes [you know who you are]) are basically retards who should be ashamed of themselves

Radio Donald Trump Campaign Rally Muscatine Iowa | Video | C-SPAN.org
JANUARY 25, 2016
Radio: Donald Trump Campaign Rally in Muscatine, Iowa

Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump spoke at a campaign rally at Muscatine High School in Muscatine, Iowa. He talked about job creation, the national debt, and his support for the Keystone XL Pipeline, and he responded to some of the negative ads and criticisms of him from his Republican opponents.
Eh just a slight think that has nothing to do with policy he can influence on that we disagree on. Cops are thugs with badges out collecting funds for the state. Simple as that.

Course every once in a while they take out a feral coon who didn't learn its place in society...so they are like a rabid dog put it in a long chain and let it hunt every once in a while just keep it away from the civilized folks.

Eh just a slight think that has nothing to do with policy he can influence on that we disagree on. Cops are thugs with badges out collecting funds for the state. Simple as that.

Course every once in a while they take out a feral coon who didn't learn its place in society...so they are like a rabid dog put it in a long chain and let it hunt every once in a while just keep it away from the civilized folks.
Sooo you're a Dont Taz Me Bro/Paulitician clone? Now we have three of you cop-hating types.

Sooo you're a Dont Taz Me Bro/Paulitician clone? Now we have three of you cop-hating types.
Nope. I literally DESPISE cops those 2 think cops should stay out of people's business as long as they aren't harming anyone they are libertarian types I don't think they hate cops they just don't care for the statist thug types...I DESPISE cops.

Nope. I literally DESPISE cops those 2 think cops should stay out of people's business as long as they aren't harming anyone they are libertarian types I don't think they hate cops they just don't care for the statist thug types...I DESPISE cops.

I'm sure you've never committed crimes in your life.....

He's right.

There is a difference is having an honest discussion regarding police....including criticizing some things....versus blanket smearing of cops and using phrases such as "oink oink bang bang" or roasting a pig with a cop hat on it.

The % of cops who end up in questionable shootings is statistically about 0.000005%.

So Trump is right.

We can and should discuss those 0.000005% as ISOLATED from the 99.999995% of other cops. Without burning cities preferably.
And where do you get your stats from? According to the FBI director their is no stats on police misconduct. The violent crime control and law enforcement act passed by congress in 1994 was supposed to keep track of police misconduct. It had full bipartisan support. The act was never implemented as police unions began to unify and pass state laws prohibiting the data from being recorded. They only give information on a voluntary basis, which means only time video is taken that they do not control and it hits the media.

So since they control the data and do not relinquish it, nobody knows how bad or how far this problem is or even if there is a problem. The videos that have come to light have been troubling and it seems when the police control the video it takes years to release it if the officer looks bad, but if it is video that shows the officer in a good light the police release it within hours and video or information showing the perpetrator as being a law breaker even it has nothing to do wih the case at hand.

The solution would enforce the congressional act with an agency that is separate from the chain of command of the police. If police see a pattern of aggression within their ranks by certain officers, yet do not evaluate or suspend that officer before an incident happens, then they are culpable and negligent as officers.

My points are there are no stats because police each district keeps its own records and it is not release able to the public. so you cannot possibly know that they are all bad or all good. It gives the impression of corruption, with no oversight.

DOJ stats on claims of police abuse (that stat is 5%. 5% of cops are accused of wrongdoing...and that includes false allegations.)
A year of reckoning: Police fatally shoot nearly 1,000

Actually read the article next time. They are mandated by congress to submit misconduct, shooting and criminal activity. They do not and the article even says that no governemrnt agency does the research.

The media did an investigation, which means, yes it will make a few headlines than go back to regular business as usual. Those stats that the article posted are not scientific nor are they accurate.

Cato institute did more extensive research in 2010.

2010 Annual Report

Read it. It is interesting.

He's right.

So Trump is right.

Actually read the article next time. They are mandated by congress to submit misconduct, shooting and criminal activity. They do not and the article even says that no governemrnt agency does the research.

The media did an investigation, which means, yes it will make a few headlines than go back to regular business as usual. Those stats that the article posted are not scientific nor are they accurate.

2010 Annual Report

Thanks. I read the Cato one. SHOCKING but not how you'd think. Cato said the rate of ALLEGED misconduct by cops is about 997 per 100,000 officers. Or.....roughly 1 in 1000.

So....what % of cops engage in misconduct according to Cato? 0.1%.

Washington Post:
They shot 1000 in 2015. A "Year of Reckoning" huh?
Hmmmm. 1,000,000 cops in America. Let's say for arguments sake....half of those are clearly justified.

So....1,000,000 cops shot 500 people in which circumstances were questionable (Washington Post says almost all had weapons used against the cop but just for arguments sake) Thats.....what %? 0.05%

So......0.05% of cops are involved in a questionable shooting.
And.....0.1% are involved in ALLEGED misconduct.

Hmmmm. Sounds like a tiny...nearly immeasurable problem that needs to be handled on the local level.

Last edited:

I'm sure you've never committed crimes in your life.....
Nope not when I worked within the Air Force for 20 years and not now. And nothing bad before that where I could not get a security clearance either or even join. Had I broke the law, the way the airforce is I would have been discharged, the airforce is a one mistake service and you are done.

Besides it is a policemans job to uphold the laws not to circumvent it for their own benefit.

He's right.

So Trump is right.

2010 Annual Report

Thanks. I read the Cato one. SHOCKING but not how you'd think. Cato said the rate of ALLEGED misconduct by cops is about 997 per 100,000 officers. Or.....roughly 1 in 1000.

Washington Post:
Hmmmm. 1,000,000 cops in America. Let's say for arguments sake....half of those are clearly justified.

So....1,000,000 cops shot 500 people in which circumstances were questionable (Washington Post says almost all had weapons used against the cop but just for arguments sake) Thats.....what %? 0.05%

Hmmmm. Sounds like a tiny...nearly immeasurable problem that needs to be handled on the local level.
Apparently you did not read where it said it was not an accurate figure that it relied upon submission by the agency, they were hamstrung and the figures are skewed, meaning that they had to relie on the press to get headlines for most of these reports.

He's right.

So Trump is right.

2010 Annual Report

Washington Post:

Apparently you did not read where it said it was not an accurate figure that it relied upon submission by the agency, they were hamstrung and the figures are skewed, meaning that they had to relie on the press to get headlines for most of these reports.
All I am saying is that they need to submit the reports as the congressional act said they should, if it is so low why are they hiding the information? Lack of transparency, and hide behind laws of the states that were made to not report misconduct to an independent source. They can keep it secret and have the FBI monitor it. At least it would be better then the current method which is nothing at all.

He's right.

So Trump is right.

2010 Annual Report

Washington Post:

You said they're mandated by Congress to submit the info. Then said they don't have to submit the info.

That's such a common myth/misconception. All PDs report misoncudct and shooting info to 2 places....the STATE law enforcement agency and the coroner's office (if there is a death).

All anyone has to do....is FOIA all 50 state police agencies. It's easy.

BUT the media plays out this whole "Oh we had to dig so deep for this info" to make.everyone think it was an Indiana Jones style quest. It's not. It's all there. State police have it.

2010 Annual Report

Washington Post:

All I am saying is that they need to submit the reports as the congressional act said they should, if it is so low why are they hiding the information? Lack of transparency, and hide behind laws of the states that were made to not report misconduct to an independent source. They can keep it secret and have the FBI monitor it. At least it would be better then the current method which is nothing at all.

That's not true. It all goes to the state police. And the state police can be FOIA requested. Also....they usually just package it for an annual pickup by the local FBI office. I actually used to work a desk in the PD office where the state police audited all ours.

Don't let the media trick everyone with this shit. They lie and dramatize way too much already.

2010 Annual Report

Washington Post:
Hmmmm. 1,000,000 cops in America. Let's go say for arguments sake....half of those are clearly justified.

That's not true. It all goes to the state police. And the state police can be FOIA requested. Also....they usually just package it for an annual pickup by the local FBI office. I actually used to work a desk in the PD office where the state police audited all ours.

Don't let the media trick everyone with this shit. They lie and dramatize way too much already.
Nope I got this info from fbi director Comey

FBI Mobile Site

So I guess you are calling FBI director Comey a liar. Lol Only some police forces submit only justified homicide to the police.

Here are some highlights from the speech. And when an FBI director and president of the United States says there is a problem I suppose they are both liars using your logic.

"....Not long after riots broke out in Ferguson late last summer, I asked my staff to tell me how many people shot by police were African-American in this country. I wanted to see trends. I wanted to see information. They couldn’t give it to me, and it wasn’t their fault. Demographic data regarding officer-involved shootings is not consistently reported to us through our Uniform Crime Reporting Program. Because reporting is voluntary, our data is incomplete and therefore, in the aggregate, unreliable.

I recently listened to a thoughtful big city police chief express his frustration with that lack of reliable data. He said he didn’t know whether the Ferguson police shot one person a week, one a year, or one a century, and that in the absence of good data, “all we get are ideological thunderbolts, when what we need are ideological agnostics who use information to try to solve problems.” He’s right.

The first step to understanding what is really going on in our communities and in our country is to gather more and better data related to those we arrest, those we confront for breaking the law and jeopardizing public safety, and those who confront us. “Data” seems a dry and boring word but, without it, we cannot understand our world and make it better.

How can we address concerns about “use of force,” how can we address concerns about officer-involved shootings if we do not have a reliable grasp on the demographics and circumstances of those incidents? We simply must improve the way we collect and analyze data to see the true nature of what’s happening in all of our communities.

The FBI tracks and publishes the number of “justifiable homicides” reported by police departments. But, again, reporting by police departments is voluntary and not all departments participate. That means we cannot fully track the number of incidents in which force is used by police, or against police, including non-fatal encounters, which are not reported at all."

- See more at: Excessive or reasonable force by police? Research on law enforcement and racial conflict - Journalist's Resource

2010 Annual Report

Washington Post:
Hmmmm. 1,000,000 cops in America. Let's go say for arguments sake....half of those are clearly justified.

FBI Mobile Site

So I guess you are calling FBI director Comey a liar. Lol Only some police forces submit only justified homicide to the police.

Here are some highlights from the speech. And when an FBI director and president of the United States says there is a problem I suppose they are both liars using your logic.

"....Not long after riots broke out in Ferguson late last summer, I asked my staff to tell me how many people shot by police were African-American in this country. I wanted to see trends. I wanted to see information. They couldn’t give it to me, and it wasn’t their fault. Demographic data regarding officer-involved shootings is not consistently reported to us through our Uniform Crime Reporting Program. Because reporting is voluntary, our data is incomplete and therefore, in the aggregate, unreliable.

I recently listened to a thoughtful big city police chief express his frustration with that lack of reliable data. He said he didn’t know whether the Ferguson police shot one person a week, one a year, or one a century, and that in the absence of good data, “all we get are ideological thunderbolts, when what we need are ideological agnostics who use information to try to solve problems.” He’s right.

The first step to understanding what is really going on in our communities and in our country is to gather more and better data related to those we arrest, those we confront for breaking the law and jeopardizing public safety, and those who confront us. “Data” seems a dry and boring word but, without it, we cannot understand our world and make it better.

How can we address concerns about “use of force,” how can we address concerns about officer-involved shootings if we do not have a reliable grasp on the demographics and circumstances of those incidents? We simply must improve the way we collect and analyze data to see the true nature of what’s happening in all of our communities.

The FBI tracks and publishes the number of “justifiable homicides” reported by police departments. But, again, reporting by police departments is voluntary and not all departments participate. That means we cannot fully track the number of incidents in which force is used by police, or against police, including non-fatal encounters, which are not reported at all."

- See more at: Excessive or reasonable force by police? Research on law enforcement and racial conflict - Journalist's Resource

Jesus Christ. More FBI whining. They don't want to do the work.

Police report all of their shootings to their STATE police. Remember the Constitution and states rights? State police track it. FBI can gather it from them....of they want.

As for...say...Ferguson? It's very simple. FOIA request for all reported shootings. Which ones have officers involved? Bam. That's it.

That chief who bitches that he doesn't know how many people Ferguson has shot? All he has to do is do a FOIA request to Ferguson and read the report. That's how the media gets it.

Nothing is "hidden". It's just the FBI and media bitching because they don't get it delivered with a big red bow on it every Monday morning.

The Washington Post stats are accurate. The local media does an FOIA every week for local police reports. That's how they get it. A shooting can't be "hidden" because....well....the whole dead body or emergency room/ambulance records.

2010 Annual Report

Washington Post:

FBI Mobile Site

- See more at: Excessive or reasonable force by police? Research on law enforcement and racial conflict - Journalist's Resource

Apparently f

2010 Annual Report

Washington Post:

You said they're mandated by Congress to submit the info. Then said they don't have to submit the info.

That's such a common myth/misconception. All PDs report misoncudct and shooting info to 2 places....the STATE law enforcement agency and the coroner's office (if there is a death).

BUT the media plays out this whole "Oh we had to dig so deep for this info" to make.everyone think it was an Indiana Jones style quest. It's not. It's all there. State police have it.

When the FBI director cannot get the info but you can? Wow you should take his job you got my vote.

2010 Annual Report

Washington Post:

FBI Mobile Site

I read his speech though and he makes some excellent points about the cynicism cops develop on the job. That's absolutely true and it's a battle police departments have yet to figure out: how to send hopeful and enthusiastic young officers into shitholes day after day.....and not have them become cynical of suspects.

Washington Post:

FBI Mobile Site

Apparently f

2010 Annual Report

Washington Post:

When the FBI director cannot get the info but you can? Wow you should take his job you got my vote.
States passed laws prohibiting this information from being deciminated and collected and is only submitted on voluntary basis only. It was the response to the 1994 act. All I want is them to be able to collect accurate information to be able to see if there is a problem, it was a bypartisan act yet police forces fought it, all because they said it may create violence against them. In which case I would agree to make it a secret report that at least the info could be available to combat police corruption. Any sane person would want that. But as of now no data exists.

Forum List

Back