Trump: Police need to be thanked, not constantly derided

Police simply need to be held accountable like the rest of us would when they break the laws and when they abuse their positions of power. It's not really that hard. There is a reason why trust in law enforcement is at a 20 year old.
among yourself and paulitician

Sounds perfectly reasonable to me. They should be treated just like average Citizens are. They are not a special protected class. I know folks like you have forgotten, but they do actually work for the Citizens. It's not the other way around.

You Authority-Worshippers really do need to reconsider your worship of the Police. I mean, your country now ranks #1 in the world for locking Citizens up per capita. It's also right up there in Police violence against Citizens.
the resident, basement-dwelling libertarian weighs-in. "authority worshippers" lol

BTW- you move off-the-grid yet kid?

OH!!! and newsflash!!! Police dont lock people up, judges and juries do. Have you even read the Consitution?
not to be an ass to be an ass, but Police do lock up criminals. They, Police, lock them in a holding cell until they get in front of the judge.

Even the loyal Authority-Worshippers have to be appalled at the current dismal state of our police force. The U.S. now leads the world in locking Citizens up per capita. It's also near the top in police violence against Citizens.

It has become one of the most violent oppressive police forces on earth. I know the Authority-Worshippers don't wanna accept that, but it is the current ugly reality

Police simply need to be held accountable like the rest of us would when they break the laws and when they abuse their positions of power. It's not really that hard. There is a reason why trust in law enforcement is at a 20 year old.

Sounds perfectly reasonable to me. They should be treated just like average Citizens are. They are not a special protected class. I know folks like you have forgotten, but they do actually work for the Citizens. It's not the other way around.

You Authority-Worshippers really do need to reconsider your worship of the Police. I mean, your country now ranks #1 in the world for locking Citizens up per capita. It's also right up there in Police violence against Citizens.
the resident, basement-dwelling libertarian weighs-in. "authority worshippers" lol

OH!!! and newsflash!!! Police dont lock people up, judges and juries do. Have you even read the Consitution?
not to be an ass to be an ass, but Police do lock up criminals. They, Police, lock them in a holding cell until they get in front of the judge.

Even the loyal Authority-Worshippers have to be appalled at the current dismal state of our police force. The U.S. now leads the world in locking Citizens up per capita. It's also near the top in police violence against Citizens.

It has become one of the most violent oppressive police forces on earth. I know the Authority-Worshippers don't wanna accept that, but it is the current ugly reality
i'll tell you what, take care of the inner cities mess and then come back to me.

What was stated earlier was perfectly reasonable. Police should be arrested and prosecuted for their crimes just as any other average Citizen would be. They are not above the law. I know that shocks you Authority-Worshippers, but they really aren't above the law. You really should check out the ugly state of our domestic Police. It's become one of the most violent oppressive police forces on earth.
but I will give them the benefit of what they do as far as voluntarily walking into gun fights, and that is not what an average citizen does. So threat level has to be used when hearing a case for a cop. has to be.

They're throwing Citizens in cages for even minor offenses these days. It's an awful situation. When you reach #1 in the world in locking up Citizens, you know something's very wrong.

Are we really a free nation anymore? Even the Authority-Worshippers need to accept that something's very wrong. It's the only way we can fix things. It starts wth acknowledging the current sorry state of our police force.

What was stated earlier was perfectly reasonable. Police should be arrested and prosecuted for their crimes just as any other average Citizen would be. They are not above the law. I know that shocks you Authority-Worshippers, but they really aren't above the law. You really should check out the ugly state of our domestic Police. It's become one of the most violent oppressive police forces on earth.
but I will give them the benefit of what they do as far as voluntarily walking into gun fights, and that is not what an average citizen does. So threat level has to be used when hearing a case for a cop. has to be.

They're throwing Citizens in cages for even minor offenses these days. It's an awful situation. When you reach #1 in the world in locking up Citizens, you know something's very wrong.

Are we really a free nation anymore? Even the Authority-Worshippers need to accept that something's very wrong. It's the only way we can fix things. It starts wth acknowledging the current sorry state of our police force.
what's a minor offense to you?

i'll tell you what, take care of the inner cities mess and then come back to me.

Man, even countries like China and North Korea are appalled at the rampant American police violence against Citizens. You know it's flucked, when oppressive Totalitarian nations are shocked and appalled.

He's right.

There is a difference is having an honest discussion regarding police....including criticizing some things....versus blanket smearing of cops and using phrases such as "oink oink bang bang" or roasting a pig with a cop hat on it.

The % of cops who end up in questionable shootings is statistically about 0.000005%.

So Trump is right.

We can and should discuss those 0.000005% as ISOLATED from the 99.999995% of other cops. Without burning cities preferably.

Of course there is a difference between the two...thats why you went for the extremes in both groups instead of what a majority of people are saying about Police shootings. They shoot too often and for reasons that cant be proven since they are exclusively defenses based on feelings.

Of course Trump cant debate that so instead he says everyone is treating cops like a big meanie and they should stop it instead of addressing anyone specific complaint

He's right.

There is a difference is having an honest discussion regarding police....including criticizing some things....versus blanket smearing of cops and using phrases such as "oink oink bang bang" or roasting a pig with a cop hat on it.

The % of cops who end up in questionable shootings is statistically about 0.000005%.

So Trump is right.

We can and should discuss those 0.000005% as ISOLATED from the 99.999995% of other cops. Without burning cities preferably.

Of course there is a difference between the two...thats why you went for the extremes in both groups instead of what a majority of people are saying about Police shootings. They shoot too often and for reasons that cant be proven since they are exclusively defenses based on feelings.

Of course Trump cant debate that so instead he says everyone is treating cops like a big meanie and they should stop it instead of addressing anyone specific complaint

Can't blame Trump, he's just trying to appease the angry greedy white guys who make up most of the Republican-base. It's good ole fashioned red meat for em. They love hearing about how the Police can do no wrong, and are living Gods among us. It's safe to say, he's locked up their vote at this point. Didn't take much effort.

He's right.

So Trump is right.

actually he was spot on. And you can object all day long.

Man, even countries like China and North Korea are appalled at the rampant American police violence against Citizens. You know it's flucked, when oppressive Totalitarian nations are shocked and appalled.
post up something that backs that up.

Hey Police Beware the Trump...........

160126-heres-what-happens-to-people-who-think-theyre-friends-with-donald-trump_zpssp2ki8f3.jpg

He's right.

So Trump is right.

actually he was spot on. And you can object all day long.

Actually he wasnt, I win

It's been reported that even countries like China and North Korea are shocked at the rampant American police violence against Citizens. The open and blatant brutality even shocks them.

In fact, much of the world feels that way. It's now widely understood around the world, that any interaction with American Police could be deadly. We've sunk so low. Can we reverse this rush towards Police State misery? I'm not so sure we can. It may be too late.

Is it any wonder you're one of the resident basement dwellers. I'm going to start referring to you as turtle boi.

The militarization of police departments we have seen over the past couple of decades is objectionable in many cases and means, like the Arizonian who got shot dead in his own home due to being the target of a SWAT team who was given a wrong address. The SWAT team did a military style assault, yelling they were the police while the targeted family was asleep. This is justifiably criticized.

Police that routinely harass blacks for being in a white area are also wrong and need retraining. Unless a perp description says the perp was a black guy, blacks should not be profiled. And yet it still goes on.

Those are legit criticisms, and it would be productive for activists to target these policies, but not attacking the PDs across the nation as being 100% institutional racism.
dude,

I'm full out if there have been incidents in an all white neighborhood and there are blacks walking around without permits for solicitation, then why would the black be there? See, I don't get that philosophy at all, why can't the police ask them why they are there. Why is that offensive. Can't they understand the scenario?

I do know one thing, you will not see a white walking around in an all black neighborhood outside delivering service in the area, maybe. And again, they'd have a license to do that.

And if they were merely passing through and the cop offered the person a lift, why would that be offensive? I'm sorry, but let's fight the real battle black on black crime and stop with the hypothetical of blacks being profiled in white neighborhoods. It doesn't happen as you stated.
Offering them a lift is a good approach it seems to me, but I have walked through black neighborhoods at night, have had black neighbors and most of the racism that is there is only there after the Dhimmicrats rile blacks up with lies about the past.

To arrest people that are out of place in some ones opinion, even if they are officers, is not due process.

It's been reported that even countries like China and North Korea are shocked at the rampant American police violence against Citizens. The open and blatant brutality even shocks them.

In fact, much of the world feels that way. It's now widely understood around the world, that any interaction with American Police could be deadly. We've sunk so low. Can we reverse this rush towards Police State misery? I'm not so sure we can. It may be too late.
Bullshit.

They could have raised the guy with .38 specials and the error would have been the same.

They could execute military tactics with civilian weapons.

I am not objecting to the equipment so much as to the military tactics.

Military tactics? Human conflict is the same. An armed guy in a house in LA or Baghdad....is still an armed human in a structure. All the "military" tactics are....are the best practices using angles and movement to raise the chances a person survives the encounter. A cop taking down a violent felon with an gun doesn't want to die any more than a solider in Iraq. So...both use time tested tactics for surviving that encounter. Cops aren't obligated to die.

And...in fact...a lot of the small unit "military tactics" actually came from police....the early 1900s Shanghai SWAT team had incredibly effective tactics that were studied by some famous military trainers who adopted them for use by British and American special forces.

So many of these "military tactics".....are actually tactics that Chinese police created and the military copied.

The WorldÕs First SWAT Team
No there is a huge difference.

When I did infantry training back in the distant past to clear a building, we would toss in a grenade and then spray in machine gun fire then enter the room.

Now obviously police shouldnt do that, but going in with multiple snipers targeting a regular law abiding citizen on a mistaken call in is not civilian friendly. In warfare you dont have to worry about civilian friendly tactics, you just kill the enemy ASAP in the most efficient way possible.

With civilians in peace time you have to assume that they are innocent or you are not enforcing the law as a peace officer, you are suppressing the population as an agent of the state.

Bullshit.

Many around the world do see American Police as being dangerous violent thugs. It now has a Nazi Gestapo image around much of the world. Its propensity for violence is shocking to many. We do have a serious police problem.

Bullshit.

Many around the world do see American Police as being dangerous violent thugs. It now has a Nazi Gestapo image around much of the world. Its propensity for violence is shocking to many. We do have a serious police problem.
No we have a Marxist Media problem, and too many fellow travelers like yourself and other anarchists that try to ride that gravy train.

Bullshit.

No we have a Marxist Media problem, and too many fellow travelers like yourself and other anarchists that try to ride that gravy train.

Look at the stats. American Police now rank right up there with the likes of police forces in totalitarian nations like North Korea and China. It's even locking up more of its Citizens per capita than those nations. And it's killing and injuring its Citizens at an alarming rate.

You guys wanna ignore it and pretend it's not happening, but it is happening. The Police State is here. The only question now is, how do we change things? How do we get our country back?

Bullshit.

Look at the stats. American Police now rank right up there with the likes of police forces in totalitarian nations like North Korea and China. It's even locking up more of its Citizens per capita than those nations. And it's killing and injuring its Citizens at an alarming rate.

You guys wanna ignore it and pretend it's not happening, but it is happening. The Police State is here. The only question now is, how do we change things? How do we get our country back?
The people incarcerated are largely due to minimum sentencing laws that punish drug possession like a violent crime.

That stil is no poor reflection on cops, but on the political whores that set their agendas.

Forum List

Back