Trump Ready to TANK US, China, and World Economy

US trade officials say Trump's tariff threat is real - CNNPolitics

The top US trade negotiator said Monday that the Trump administration will be moving forward on President Donald Trump's threat to escalate tariffs on $200 billion of Chinese goods effective Friday.
Speaking to reporters in Washington, US Trade Representative Robert Lighthizer and Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin said China reneged on previous agreements over the weekend, derailing months of progress toward a detailed trade agreement between the world's two largest economies.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Trade wars are good and easy to win"

So we should just let China do whatever it wants when it comes to trade?

There are plenty of ways that China is improving through negotiating. They have come miles in the last 10-20 years.

But you don't damage the US economy, hurt consumers and cost LOTS of jobs in a trade war...that is beyond stupid. And China is not going to give in. They can dump money into their economy and they don't have to worry about being re-elected. And they know Trump is virtually alone in his desire for tariffs. Plus he is the first POTUS EVER to never go above 50% in any major poll during his first 2 years in office...despite a 'booming economy'. Barring a war, he is toast and China knows it. China holds all the cards in this game of chicken.
They already delayed the tariffs by months with these negotiations that I KNEW would go nowhere (or get a token agreement that meant nothing)...it was ridiculously obvious. It was just a stalling tactic that Trump fell right into.

Still think these massive tariffs are a good idea?

Ask the US Chamber of Commerce and just about every, unbiased, well-respected investor on Wall Street. Because they don't.

Massive tariffs are flat out stupid.

The top US trade negotiator said Monday that the Trump administration will be moving forward on President Donald Trump's threat to escalate tariffs on $200 billion of Chinese goods effective Friday.
Speaking to reporters in Washington, US Trade Representative Robert Lighthizer and Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin said China reneged on previous agreements over the weekend, derailing months of progress toward a detailed trade agreement between the world's two largest economies.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There are plenty of ways that China is improving through negotiating. They have come miles in the last 10-20 years.

But you don't damage the US economy, hurt consumers and cost LOTS of jobs in a trade war...that is beyond stupid. And China is not going to give in. They can dump money into their economy and they don't have to worry about being re-elected. And they know Trump is virtually alone in his desire for tariffs. Plus he is down in ALL the major polls. China holds all the cards in this game of chicken.
They already delayed the tariffs by months with these negotiations that I KNEW would go nowhere. It was just a stalling tactic that Trump fell right into.

Ask the US Chamber of Commerce and just about every, unbiased, well-respected investor on Wall Street.

It's amazing how much a person can root for an opposing country as long as it fucks over a politician and a political view they don't like.

I doubt Trump could handle this in ANY way that you would approve of.

And of course, a felon is someone convicted of a felony.

Dim leader agrees with Trump on China.

Chuck Schumer urges Trump to ‘hang tough on China’ after latest tariff threat while other top Democrats are quiet

• Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer tells President Donald Trump to “hang tough” after the president threatens more tariffs on Chinese goods.
  • The president’s move to put more duties on Chinese products comes ahead of planned trade talks between Washington and Beijing.
  • Other top Democrats, including 2020 presidential candidates, have not yet reacted to Trump’s tariff threat.

Chuck Schumer urges Trump to 'hang tough on China' after latest tariff threat while other top Democrats are quiet

But you don't damage the US economy, hurt consumers and cost LOTS of jobs in a trade war...that is beyond stupid. And China is not going to give in. They can dump money into their economy and they don't have to worry about being re-elected. And they know Trump is virtually alone in his desire for tariffs. Plus he is down in ALL the major polls. China holds all the cards in this game of chicken.
They already delayed the tariffs by months with these negotiations that I KNEW would go nowhere. It was just a stalling tactic that Trump fell right into.

Ask the US Chamber of Commerce and just about every, unbiased, well-respected investor on Wall Street.

It's amazing how much a person can root for an opposing country as long as it fucks over a politician and a political view they don't like.

I am not rooting for China - Duh. What a remarkably stupid thing to say. I am simply explaining the advantage they have...and that went right over your head.

If Trump dropped ALL tariffs and let the free market and the international courts work it out (as they WERE doing successfully before Trump came along)...that would GREATLY impress me. And I would give him credit for it.

You clearly are just spinning.

Last edited:

I am not rooting for China - Duh. What a remarkably stupid thing to say. I am simply explaining the advantage they have...and that went right over your head. Idiot.

If Trump dropped ALL tariffs and let the free market and the international courts work it out (as they WERE doing successfully before Trump came along)...that would GREATLY impress me. And I would give him credit for it.

You clearly don't have a clue about macroeconomics and are just spinning like a Trumpbot always does.

How are the courts being successful when China just kept doing what it wanted to?

I am not rooting for China - Duh. What a remarkably stupid thing to say. I am simply explaining the advantage they have...and that went right over your head. Idiot.

You clearly don't have a clue about macroeconomics and are just spinning like a Trumpbot always does.

How are the courts being successful when China just kept doing what it wanted to?

I said free market AND the international courts...not just the courts.

China's trade surplus with the world is down by 80% in just five years.

Free enterprise works.

Tariffs don't.

I guess the OP would prefer to bend over and get his ass reamed by the Chinese.
Maybe Trump should learn from his predecessor and go on a Nobel Prize winning America sucks apology tour to China. Yup, that should do it.
Trump's whole campaign was "America sucks" -- which is why he felt it needed to be great again....

He made hats and everything talking about how much America sucks...you don't remember?
Actually his campaign was all about how corrupt politicians, especially Democrats have been selling America and its interests down the river. It's time to put a stop to it and make America great again.

Trump is an idiot. He thinks those tariffs are paid by the Chinese.
Those tariffs are designed to help bring manufacturing back to America. A small amount of growth is sacrificed for it. We were sold a bill of goods that service jobs would replace manufacturing with all of the trade deals. But the service jobs petered out at a lower salary.

You mean like all those coal jobs he said would come back? They haven't, and tariffs are costing our citizens a fortune.
I wonder, was Obama shoveling bullshit when he promised us those "four million shovel ready jobs in green energy"? But then again, he's the Left's messiah and he walks on water, while shoveling bullshit

You understand that Obama is no longer president, and has no desire for any position in our government, don't you? There is more electricity produced with renewable energy than there is with coal.
Oh but his deep state minions and plants have been working feverishly to remove Trump from office. With no success, of course.

I said free market AND the international courts...not just the courts.

China's trade surplus with the world is down by 80% in just five years.

Free enterprise works.

Tariffs don't.

LOL talking head.

What broad generalizations you have there.

Caddo LIVES for a good ass reaming. Apparently there is nothing good about this country that he likes at all.

toob freak lives for an ass reaming at least four times a day last I heard

Try discussing the thread content like Trump, the economy, China, tariffs, etc., instead of offering your ass reaming fantasies you keep practicing

Tell us, Kiddo, give us the list of things an ass-quack like you LIKES about America?

Caddo LIVES for a good ass reaming. Apparently there is nothing good about this country that he likes at all.

Try discussing the thread content like Trump, the economy, China, tariffs, etc., instead of offering your ass reaming fantasies you keep practicing

Tell us, Kiddo, give us the list of things an ass-quack like you LIKES about America?

Oh look; asshole is derailing the thread again.

Try discussing the thread content like Trump, the economy, China, tariffs, etc.,

Oh look; asshole is derailing the thread again.
[/MEDIA]
Try discussing the thread content like Trump, the economy, China, tariffs, etc.,

So, I'll take that as a big NO. You have no list, not a thing about America you like. Pretty much what I expected.

You typed the following:

'Tell me, Rocket Man, where's that economic disaster you guys keep predicting?'

You said 'you guys'...not 'those guys'. You even addressed me...jeez.

Do you not even have the guts to admit when you make a relatively small mistake?
I typed the following:

"Another gloom and doom prediction from another Trump hater". That was in reference to your quote of David French.

THEN I typed: "Tell me, Rocket Man, where's that economic disaster you guys keep predicting"? That was in reference to the Trump haters in general. Nowhere did I say "you" specifically, even though you DID predict an economic disaster (as I pointed out in post #35). You need to work on your reading comprehension.
And - for the third time:

Where is your link to unbiased, factual proof that higher tariffs will help the American economy in the short OR long term?

I can almost guarantee that you cannot provide one.
Well first of all, one cannot "prove" that something will happen unless it happens. You posted an opinion of David French and presented that as proof that something WILL happen. Sorry, but an "opinion" is not proof, and providing an additional opinion from someone else does not prove YOUR opinion is fact. I guess you're wanting me to post an opposing opinion to counter YOUR opinion (which you think is proof).
You seem to think that Trump's tariffs are so great. So where is your unbiased, proof that they are great?
First, I didn't say I thought they were great, or is that another one of your opinions? And not only that, but you also want me to post "proof" of my "opinion" (the one I didn't state).

On Friday, Trump said that if China didn't do what he wants them to, he would increase the tariffs from 10 to 25 percent.

On Monday, the stock market opened over 400 points in the negative, meaning that investors were nervous, but, they were able to get the market to bounce back, and it closed only around 65 points down.

Today? The market dropped quickly after opening, and currently it is down over 530 points as of 1:23 pm, CST, 7 May, 2019.

Works for me. Whatever stops these chinks from stealing our IP.

There was a doom and gloom prediction that Trump would tank the economy if elected. Rather, it's flourished beyond our wildest dreams into record territory over and over again.

I'd pretty much say "shut the fuck up" at this point.

Those tariffs are designed to help bring manufacturing back to America. A small amount of growth is sacrificed for it. We were sold a bill of goods that service jobs would replace manufacturing with all of the trade deals. But the service jobs petered out at a lower salary.

You mean like all those coal jobs he said would come back? They haven't, and tariffs are costing our citizens a fortune.
I wonder, was Obama shoveling bullshit when he promised us those "four million shovel ready jobs in green energy"? But then again, he's the Left's messiah and he walks on water, while shoveling bullshit

You understand that Obama is no longer president, and has no desire for any position in our government, don't you? There is more electricity produced with renewable energy than there is with coal.
Oh but his deep state minions and plants have been working feverishly to remove Trump from office. With no success, of course.

Don't worry. As long as you keep that tinfoil hat on tight, and check under your bed for those "DEEP STATE" monsters. you should be just fine.

You’re starting to get it!
Now think about that when you lefties talk about corporations and fair share and all of that bullshit.

But corporations are actually stuffing all that extra free money in their pockets.
What free money ? They earn it .

They didn't earn those massive tax breaks and grants they have become so used to.

You’re starting to get it!
Now think about that when you lefties talk about corporations and fair share and all of that bullshit.

But corporations are actually stuffing all that extra free money in their pockets.
What free money ? They earn it .

They didn't earn those massive tax breaks and grants they have become so used to.
It’s their own money that’s being taxed. Duh.
Democrats should not be allowed to vote.

You typed the following:

'Tell me, Rocket Man, where's that economic disaster you guys keep predicting?'

You said 'you guys'...not 'those guys'. You even addressed me...jeez.

Do you not even have the guts to admit when you make a relatively small mistake?
I typed the following:

"Another gloom and doom prediction from another Trump hater". That was in reference to your quote of David French.

THEN I typed: "Tell me, Rocket Man, where's that economic disaster you guys keep predicting"? That was in reference to the Trump haters in general. Nowhere did I say "you" specifically, even though you DID predict an economic disaster (as I pointed out in post #35). You need to work on your reading comprehension.
And - for the third time:

Where is your link to unbiased, factual proof that higher tariffs will help the American economy in the short OR long term?

I can almost guarantee that you cannot provide one.
Well first of all, one cannot "prove" that something will happen unless it happens. You posted an opinion of David French and presented that as proof that something WILL happen. Sorry, but an "opinion" is not proof, and providing an additional opinion from someone else does not prove YOUR opinion is fact. I guess you're wanting me to post an opposing opinion to counter YOUR opinion (which you think is proof).
You seem to think that Trump's tariffs are so great. So where is your unbiased, proof that they are great?
First, I didn't say I thought they were great, or is that another one of your opinions? And not only that, but you also want me to post "proof" of my "opinion" (the one I didn't state).

So a) you did not say 'in general', moron. You referred to me by name. LOL.
First, you ask me a specific question. Then when I call you on it...you call it 'general' to spin out of it. So...like I thought...you have not got the guts to admit when you are wrong. So noted.

b) so you can provide no link that provides the slightest shred of unbiased evidence that Trump's tariffs will be good for America.
Just as I guaranteed.

c) okay, Mr. Troll

Let's start from scratch.

Do you think the Trump tariffs are good for America...yes or no?

And if yes, where is your EVIDENCE from unbiased sources to defend this position?

Lazy, cowardly, stack of virtual excrement.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back