Trump says he’ll make Israel pay for defense aid

Confounding

Gold Member
Jan 31, 2016
Why do financially comfortable nations get billions from us annually while we are trillions in debt? I understand that Israel and others are our allies, but why does that mean we have to give them an allowance? I think subsidizing other nations should be put on hold at least until we get our own finances under control. How fucked up are our priorities when we can afford to pay for Israel's military but bills designed to properly fund the VA get shot down because of expense?

Trump says he’ll make Israel pay for defense aid

During a press conference in Washington, Trump was asked whether he believed the Israeli government should pay for American defense, as he had called for other US allies such as South Korea, Japan and Saudi Arabia to do. “I think Israel will do that also, yeah, I think Israel do—there are many countries that can pay and they can pay big league,” responded the billionaire businessman. He spent most of his statement focused on the other countries, saying calling in debts would help “build wealth.”

Well we all know that when you give people money it makes them complacent sooo using that logic...

• Banned
Well we all know that when you give people money it makes them complacent sooo using that logic...

Exactly right. According to conservative logic welfare creates dependency. If Israel wants more money then Israel should earn that money itself.

Exactly right. According to conservative logic welfare creates dependency. If Israel wants more money then Israel should earn that money itself.

Maybe they should look at making themselves more valuable instead of looking for a handout

Forum List

Back