Trump says some lawmakers too fearful of NRA to take action

`
WASHINGTON (AP) — Putting fellow Republicans in the hot seat, President Donald Trump called for speedy and substantial changes to the nation’s gun laws, then criticized lawmakers in a White House meeting for being too fearful of the National Rifle Association to take action.

In a freewheeling, televised session that stretched for an hour Wednesday, Trump rejected both his party’s incremental approach and its legislative strategy that has stalled action in Congress.

Giving hope to Democrats, he said he favored a “comprehensive” approach to addressing violence like the shooting at a Florida high school earlier this month, although he offer no specific details
. - Source
`
I wonder how many trump fans will start going ballistic over this? For once though, trump is telling the truth.
`

as usual trump is toying with the leftards

The President should tread carefully. There are limits.
My my.....
`
WASHINGTON (AP) — Putting fellow Republicans in the hot seat, President Donald Trump called for speedy and substantial changes to the nation’s gun laws, then criticized lawmakers in a White House meeting for being too fearful of the National Rifle Association to take action.

In a freewheeling, televised session that stretched for an hour Wednesday, Trump rejected both his party’s incremental approach and its legislative strategy that has stalled action in Congress.

Giving hope to Democrats, he said he favored a “comprehensive” approach to addressing violence like the shooting at a Florida high school earlier this month, although he offer no specific details
. - Source
`
I wonder how many trump fans will start going ballistic over this? For once though, trump is telling the truth.
`

Contrarily, he may just be jerking Democrats around, as he has since taking office.
In other words....he may just be lying as he has since taking office.

28167694_569236023445193_6656875784928268129_n.jpg

`

. - Source
`
`

I hope they are afraid. That’s why I have the NRA my money.
Which again goes to show that those the NRA and gun manufacturers profit from mass shootings.

`

. - Source
`
`
Sort of like all the Democrats (and most Republicans) who won't touch that 'third rail" of social security.
But Republicans will?

I am sure they had a stroke when he said this:

Trump also raised eyebrows by suggesting that law enforcement officials should be able to confiscate people’s firearms without a court order to prevent potential tragedies.

“Take the guns first, go through due process second,” he suggested.

Fucking idiot. Anyone who gives a shit about rights, due process and freedom is very bothered by it.
Ironically....if that meeting had not been filmed, trumpanzees would be declaring what trump said to be fake news right now.

Executive order for banning bump stocks. :iyfyus.jpg:

Bump stocks will be offered up as a token because nobody really gives a shit about bump stocks. At best they are range toys. If you want to stimulate full auto fire then there are much better and the gun community knows that.

Trump is controlling the narrative on this issue. The Democrats are having the same thing done to them on this as Trump did to them on DACA and getting the Obamacare individual mandate removed.

DACA is going to expire and nothing will have been done because the Democrats are unreasonable.

At the end of the day Trump will be telling the Americans people that he and the Republicans tried to make the schools safer but the Democrats wouldn't be reasonable.
How unreasonable were the Democrats in that meeting yesterday?

I don't mind the President saying what he did in a brainstorming session, a technique used by business to come up with the best idea,I just wish he didn't tweet it.

The President should tread carefully. There are limits.
My my.....
`

. - Source
`
`

Contrarily, he may just be jerking Democrats around, as he has since taking office.
In other words....he may just be lying as he has since taking office.

Baiting is more accurate.

Bump stocks will be offered up as a token because nobody really gives a shit about bump stocks. At best they are range toys. If you want to stimulate full auto fire then there are much better and the gun community knows that.

Trump is controlling the narrative on this issue. The Democrats are having the same thing done to them on this as Trump did to them on DACA and getting the Obamacare individual mandate removed.

DACA is going to expire and nothing will have been done because the Democrats are unreasonable.

At the end of the day Trump will be telling the Americans people that he and the Republicans tried to make the schools safer but the Democrats wouldn't be reasonable.
He'll also brag about that healthcare program he created that's cheaper and has better coverage...

Is that like Obama promising all Americans that Obamacare will save them all $2500 a year in health care cost?

Because that never happened. Obama lied to us. Premiums, co payments and deductibles all went up with that stupid program, didn't it?

The only people that got anything out of that disastrous program were the welfare queens getting the stupid subsidies that s somebody else had to pay for.

Of course this thread isn't about the health care lies of Obama, is it?

Its obvious you do not understand the ACA.

It is obvious you don't know what a disaster Obamacare was and how Obama and the filthy Democrats lied to the American people about it.

But that is not the subject of this thread, is it?

How unreasonable were the Democrats in that meeting yesterday?

Fineswine was talking up her ban on semi auto firearms. That is as unreasonable as it gets.

The asshole Democrats were talking up universal background checks, which is worthless and against the concept of the right to keep and bear arms being an individual rights not subject to infringement.

One of the idiots Democrats were even talking a standard magazine ban.

The Democrats are bat shit crazy when it comes to gun rights.

Hopefully Trump is just playing them.

`

. - Source
`
`
Or pandering to emotional voters.
Like with abortion issues?
You tell me.

`

. - Source
`
`
You tell me.
Why should I you already know everything...

`

. - Source
`
`
You tell me.
Why should I you already know everything...
The real question is why shouldn't you.

And the answer isn't what you just wrote.

Bump stocks will be offered up as a token because nobody really gives a shit about bump stocks. At best they are range toys.
At worst they help spray a crowd with rounds, killing dozens and wounding hundreds.

The NRA is MINIMUM 5 million active VOTERS (paying members). The reality is they represent 20 million active VOTERS or more.
The reality is it is an advocacy group for the firearms industry, rather than a marksman's forum as it used to be.

After all, the NRA receives about half its revenue from industry sources.

While that is still part of the organisation’s core function, today less than half of the NRA’s revenues come from program fees and membership dues.

The bulk of the group’s money now comes in the form of contributions, grants, royalty income, and advertising, much of it originating from gun industry sources.
https://www.businessinsider.com.au

Forum List

Back