Trump shafts the coal country Trumpbots.

As for the Coal Miners, I would guess that you don't know anything about shutting down mines, and the new jobs that the mechanization creates Any miner would rather have company Union provided healthcare than stinking worthless oshitcare.

This story is Fake News. How many times did Trump vow to repeal and replace Obamacare? One hundred times? Five hundred times? A thousand times? No one who voted for Trump didn't know he was going to get rid of Obamacare. And it is ignorant for you to believe it, much less post it.

I don't believe you are that stupid, so I'll choose to consider that you posted it without believing it.

Well, this should tell us something more about the mentality of coal lovers who supported Trump - not realizing all the ramifications to their lives. As with many issues - they voted against themselves once again. Trump's "poorly educated" came through for him.

Pennsylvania is coal country...not that I expect you soft handed liberals to know that. Tell them how stupid they are, I'm sure they will be just raring to vote for you in the future.

Coal is dying for two basic reasons:
1. It's dirty.
2. It can't compete with alternatives.

1. It's dirty.

No it is because of the stupid liberal shit of the earth that do not Know shit about what they are doing. They have placed so many regulations on the coal industry that it is not cost effective. The fact is that the transferred BTU from coal is MUCH more per dollar than any other type. The Natural gas systems today are okay, but much less per dollar. I would bet that you have absolutely NO experience in any part of the coal industry or it's use to generate power. You can look it up online, but I will ask about two questions and know if you did.

Automation? You have no idea what you're taking about. I'm from coal country. My grandfather was a coal miner and two of my cousins are mine engineers. Automation has NOTHING to do with it. Obama regulation is 100% to blame.
BWA-HA-HA-HA!

What a sap you are. It has nothing to do with regulation, and everything to do with cheaper natural gas.

Cheap Natural Gas To Spark Another Wave Of Coal Plant Retirements

“Cheap natural gas is killing coal.” While that headline has been written dozens of times over the last few years, it continues to be true. In fact, natural gas has become even cheaper over the past year, and the slow death of coal is poised to accelerate.

Cheaper Natural Gas Lets Nucor Factory Rise Again on Bayou

Lower-priced natural gas has energized many parts of the country and the economy. Chemical and fertilizer companies, which use gas as both a feedstock and energy source, say lower prices have reduced costs and made the U.S. a more competitive manufacturing location.

Market Trends — Electricity
The relatively low cost of natural gas makes the dispatching of existing natural gas plants more competitive with coal plants and, in combination with relatively low capital costs, makes plants fueled by natural gas an alternative choice for new generation capacity.

U.S. forecasts natural gas boom through 2040

America's energy boom will continue for decades, and natural gas will replace coal as the largest source of U.S. electricity by 2035, the Department of Energy forecast today.

Trump fed the coal workers a big heaping serving of bullshit. He's not going to be able to save their jobs. Trump's Chumps have been fooled into bleeving it has something to do with regulation, but it doesn't.

But for every job lost in the coal industry, there have been, and will continue to be, bigger gains in the natural gas industry. It won't be long until Trump and his Chumps are dead silent about coal and claiming credit for the increase in natural gas jobs which has been going on for some time now.

This story is Fake News. How many times did Trump vow to repeal and replace Obamacare? One hundred times? Five hundred times? A thousand times? No one who voted for Trump didn't know he was going to get rid of Obamacare. And it is ignorant for you to believe it, much less post it.

It's not "fake news". People are genuinely worried. They should have thought it through before voting for coal. jobs that are never going to come back beause of frigging automation.
Holy shit

It's not "fake news". People are genuinely worried. They should have thought it through before voting for coal. jobs that are never going to come back beause of frigging automation.

Automation? You have no idea what you're taking about. I'm from coal country. My grandfather was a coal miner and two of my cousins are mine engineers. Automation has NOTHING to do with it. Obama regulation is 100% to blame.

Do you also think they are stupid and didn't understand that Repeal Obamacare meant Repeal Obamacare?

It's no wonder the Democrats lost. The think Americans are so stupid they can't understand English.
The truly scary thing is she (all of them) believes she is making sense.

"I want to bleev it, so it must be true!"

That's been the piss drinkers' motto for years.

Now they've added a corollary: "I don't want to bleev it, so it must be fake!"

:lol:

BWA-HA-HA-HA!

What a sap you are. It has nothing to do with regulation, and everything to do with cheaper natural gas.

Cheap Natural Gas To Spark Another Wave Of Coal Plant Retirements

“Cheap natural gas is killing coal.” While that headline has been written dozens of times over the last few years, it continues to be true. In fact, natural gas has become even cheaper over the past year, and the slow death of coal is poised to accelerate.

Cheaper Natural Gas Lets Nucor Factory Rise Again on Bayou

Lower-priced natural gas has energized many parts of the country and the economy. Chemical and fertilizer companies, which use gas as both a feedstock and energy source, say lower prices have reduced costs and made the U.S. a more competitive manufacturing location.

Market Trends — Electricity
The relatively low cost of natural gas makes the dispatching of existing natural gas plants more competitive with coal plants and, in combination with relatively low capital costs, makes plants fueled by natural gas an alternative choice for new generation capacity.

U.S. forecasts natural gas boom through 2040

America's energy boom will continue for decades, and natural gas will replace coal as the largest source of U.S. electricity by 2035, the Department of Energy forecast today.

LIBERAL As usual knows NOTHING about the coal industry.

Trump fed the coal workers a big heaping serving of bullshit. He's not going to be able to save their jobs. Trump's Chumps have been fooled into bleeving it has something to do with regulation, but it doesn't.

But for every job lost in the coal industry, there have been, and will continue to be, bigger gains in the natural gas industry. It won't be long until Trump and his Chumps are dead silent about coal and claiming credit for the increase in natural gas jobs which has been going on for some time now.
And those younger guys who coulda been coal miners can move to where natl gas is being produced and have .... jobs. The older guys who aren't physically able to do that, or the guys who have disabilities, are doubly shafted by Trump. The jobs aren't coming back and he explicitly or implicitly lied about offering similar econ protection as the dems offered.

From the OP link:

Which raises a question: Did voters such as these know they were voting for this? After all, Trump promised countless times throughout the campaign to repeal the Affordable Care Act, didn’t he? If they are complaining about this now, don’t they have only themselves to blame?

No. I’m going to argue that, while Trump did repeatedly vow repeal, these voters were absolutely right to conclude that he would not leave them without the sort of federal protections they enjoy under Obamacare. That’s because Trump did, in fact, clearly signal to them that this would not happen.

Actually the criminal conspiracy known as the mainstream media, namely CNN ( which gave the debate questions to Hillary) seems worried about Obamacare rather than the coal industry. Never forget that Obama and Hillary both vowed to shut down the coal industry and the union workers be damned.

And those younger guys who coulda been coal miners can move to where natl gas is being produced and have .... jobs. The older guys who aren't physically able to do that, or the guys who have disabilities, are doubly shafted by Trump. The jobs aren't coming back and he explicitly or implicitly lied about offering similar econ protection as the dems offered.
Trump fell into the same pattern as every other politician. When they make a promise that is so brazenly bogus, you have to ask yourself, "Is this guy stupid...or evil?"

Did Trump believe his own bullshit (stupid), or did he know he couldn't possibly keep his promise (evil)?

I don't believe you are that stupid, so I'll choose to consider that you posted it without believing it.

Well, this should tell us something more about the mentality of coal lovers who supported Trump - not realizing all the ramifications to their lives. As with many issues - they voted against themselves once again. Trump's "poorly educated" came through for him.

Pennsylvania is coal country...not that I expect you soft handed liberals to know that. Tell them how stupid they are, I'm sure they will be just raring to vote for you in the future.

1. It's dirty.
Coal is booming for two basic reasons...

1. It's clean
2. It blows the alternatives out of the water....

1. It's dirty.

1. It's clean
You must be smoking some of that coal to bleev that bullshit.

You started your post with a false premise: Coal is not booming. It's declining.

And it is getting blown out of the water by natural gas. See post 24.

And just what the fuck does automation have to do with shit?

Haven't you been reading?

The main cause of job loss in manufacturing not moving jobs overseas, it's increased automation. Companies have been coming back to the US, but not the vast numbers of well paying jobs that used to keep American workers employed. Same with coal - automation has reduced the amount of man power.

In 2005 the highest amount of coal was mined at one of the lowest employment....
Coal-Employment-Productivity.gif

1. It's dirty.

1. It's clean
You must be smoking some of that coal to bleev that bullshit.
What bullshit child?

Forum List

Back