Trump Spokesperson Says Obama Invaded Afghanistan. He Didn’t.

57af34b11700009504c72fb2.jpg

He was a state senator at the time.

A spokesperson for Donald Trump’s presidential campaign has blamed President Barack Obama for invading Afghanistan ― a foreign policy decision he never made.

“Remember we weren’t even in Afghanistan by this time,” Katrina Pierson told CNN early Saturday. “Barack Obama went into Afghanistan creating another problem.”

“That was Obama’s war,” she declared later in the program, when asked to clarify if she meant Obama was responsible for its launch.

In fact, the invasion of Afghanistan took place in 2001 after the attacks on September 11 of that year. Obama was a state senator in Illinois at the time, moonlighting as a restaurant critic. Being president was nothing but a dream for him back then.

When he did end up in the White House in 2009, the war in Afghanistan was still going on. And Obama made ramping up U.S. presence there a central plank of his foreign policy platform during his campaign to be president. Too many resources had been spent on Iraq, he repeatedly argued, and not enough on the country from which al Qaeda actually planned the attacks.

Katrina Pierson is a rabid Trump surrogate and spinner who frequently gets her facts wrong - when she isn't just flat out lying.

I'd bet a thousand bucks she fucked Trump to get that job. lol.

This is a fucking lie. Katrina said no such thing. The moderator, I won't cal him a journalist, suggested she was saying Obama went into Afghanistan in 2004 while Katrina was talking about ISIS. That's the sort of bullshit CNN does. They convieniently misunderstand the person they are hostile to and the next thing you know, they put words into their mouth and claim that's what they said. Katrina was talking about ISIS, not the War in Afghanistan.

This is a fucking lie. Katrina said no such thing. The moderator, I won't cal him a journalist, suggested she was saying Obama went into Afghanistan in 2004 while Katrina was talking about ISIS. That's the sort of bullshit CNN does. They convieniently misunderstand the person they are hostile to and the next thing you know, they put words into their mouth and claim that's what they said. Katrina was talking about ISIS, not the War in Afghanistan.
You're right, she didn't say "Obama started the war in Afghanistan by invading it".

What she DID do, though, was dance around the question, refusing to give an inch, looking shady and shifty. What that does is make it easy as hell for others to make interpretations like this.

This is a perfect example of why politicians, politicos, pundits and partisans have zero (0) credibility.
They get it into their heads that letting their guard down for a microsecond is the same thing as absolute capitulation, they constantly play games, it's impossible to take them seriously and it's easy to make them look pretty silly.

Last edited:
I equate Katrina Pierson to Tokyo Rose.

iva-278.png

pierson_bullet_0.png
And Obama is 'Baghdad Bob':
ISIS is NOT a threat
They are a JV Team
I have them confined
Al Qaieda is on the run
The war on terror is over
If you like your plan you may keep your plan

You lie. Stop lying.
If I had not documented each one of those multiple times in the past, posting facts and associated links, you might have a point.

Just becauae something posted is not what you want to hear does not make it a lie.

For example, Barry calling ISIS a JV Team is ALMOST as famous as him saying 'if you like your plan you can keep your plan', but you accuse me of lying for bringing it up....it just makes you loo like an idiot.

A spokesperson for Donald Trump’s presidential campaign has blamed President Barack Obama for invading Afghanistan ― a foreign policy decision he never made.

“Remember we weren’t even in Afghanistan by this time,” Katrina Pierson told CNN early Saturday. “Barack Obama went into Afghanistan creating another problem.”

“That was Obama’s war,” she declared later in the program, when asked to clarify if she meant Obama was responsible for its launch.

In fact, the invasion of Afghanistan took place in 2001 after the attacks on September 11 of that year. Obama was a state senator in Illinois at the time, moonlighting as a restaurant critic. Being president was nothing but a dream for him back then.

When he did end up in the White House in 2009, the war in Afghanistan was still going on. And Obama made ramping up U.S. presence there a central plank of his foreign policy platform during his campaign to be president. Too many resources had been spent on Iraq, he repeatedly argued, and not enough on the country from which al Qaeda actually planned the attacks.

Katrina Pierson is a rabid Trump surrogate and spinner who frequently gets her facts wrong - when she isn't just flat out lying.
Where does she use the word "invade"?
What word would you use?

Where does she use the word "invade"?
What word would you use?

I would have quoted her; not as sexy as making stuff up, but more honest.

trump is a delusional compulsive liar and so are the people who support him.

This is the same dimwit Trump spokesperson who not long ago blamed the policies of Obama for getting the Gold Star Khan's son killed in 2004 (psst, Katrina, Obama was only a state senator in 2004).

Some things I learned earlier in the year about this whackobird:

She idolizes Malcolm X Hmm.

Katrina Pierson ‏@KatrinaPierson @frymesumchicken #MLK was too moderate for me.lol Malcolm X is my #freedomfighter hero! Work, educate, and empower!!! @blackrepublican

Katrina Pierson ‏@KatrinaPierson @iAmThugGang My idol, Malcolm X warned us about the White Liberals and those the subsidize. Psychology can create and destroy a society.

"Katrina Pierson ‏@KatrinaPierson There are no such things as Christians. Just people who call themselves Christians. ha"
Katrina Pierson on Twitter

Look at this one -- the spokesperson for Trump's campaign says the GOP is racist. I mean RACIST !

Katrina Pierson ‏@KatrinaPierson
Hard to argue w/Rick Santroum up front. RT @blackrepublican: Top 10 Crazy Reasons Blacks won't join GOP: #2 The (GOP) is RACIST

Here's a good one: HNIC

Katrina Pierson Verified account ‏@KatrinaPierson @TrillTitan This corrupt country has a head Negro in charge. What is he doing for blk children? He's helping everybody else,Why? @DOTCOM_MOM

"Perfect Obama's dad born in Africa, Mitt Romney's dad born in Mexico. Any pure breeds left?"

Annnnnd, this little 'toid:

Trump's Number One spokesperson is quite the piece of work...not long ago, she sued the company that fired her and blamed it on racism.

"In 2010, she unsuccessfully sued the personnel company inVentive for laying her off from her job marketing the drug Ambien to doctors in the Dallas area because she was African-American. (The company responded in its U.S. District Court filing that the 2008 recession forced it to eliminate half its sales force, and that Pierson had received a poor performance review in the months leading up to the layoffs.)

And in 2012-13, Pierson received $11,440 in unemployment benefits, even though that was the time she was volunteering for Ted Cruz’s long-shot U.S. Senate campaign and laying the groundwork for her own congressional run against incumbent Rep. Pete Sessions."

http://www.nationaljournal.com/s/127189/meet-donald-trumps-controversial-flack

Once again, the Dixie Chicks are on the right side of history:

Natalie Maines Calls Out Country Music’s Hypocrisy For Supporting Trump
Some things I learned earlier in the year about this whackobird:

She idolizes Malcolm X Hmm.

Katrina Pierson ‏@KatrinaPierson @frymesumchicken #MLK was too moderate for me.lol Malcolm X is my #freedomfighter hero! Work, educate, and empower!!! @blackrepublican

Katrina Pierson ‏@KatrinaPierson @iAmThugGang My idol, Malcolm X warned us about the White Liberals and those the subsidize. Psychology can create and destroy a society.

"Katrina Pierson ‏@KatrinaPierson There are no such things as Christians. Just people who call themselves Christians. ha"

Look at this one -- the spokesperson for Trump's campaign says the GOP is racist. I mean RACIST !

Katrina Pierson ‏@KatrinaPierson
Hard to argue w/Rick Santroum up front. RT @blackrepublican: Top 10 Crazy Reasons Blacks won't join GOP: #2 The (GOP) is RACIST

Here's a good one: HNIC

Katrina Pierson Verified account ‏@KatrinaPierson @TrillTitan This corrupt country has a head Negro in charge. What is he doing for blk children? He's helping everybody else,Why? @DOTCOM_MOM

"Perfect Obama's dad born in Africa, Mitt Romney's dad born in Mexico. Any pure breeds left?"

Annnnnd, this little 'toid:

Trump's Number One spokesperson is quite the piece of work...not long ago, she sued the company that fired her and blamed it on racism.

"In 2010, she unsuccessfully sued the personnel company inVentive for laying her off from her job marketing the drug Ambien to doctors in the Dallas area because she was African-American. (The company responded in its U.S. District Court filing that the 2008 recession forced it to eliminate half its sales force, and that Pierson had received a poor performance review in the months leading up to the layoffs.)

And in 2012-13, Pierson received $11,440 in unemployment benefits, even though that was the time she was volunteering for Ted Cruz’s long-shot U.S. Senate campaign and laying the groundwork for her own congressional run against incumbent Rep. Pete Sessions."

http://www.nationaljournal.com/s/127189/meet-donald-trumps-controversial-flack

I agree. She's a prime example of Tea Party lunacy. She even formed a Tea Party.

After voting for Barack Obama in the 2008 presidential election, Pierson joined the Tea Party movement, becoming an activist.[6]Pierson founded a local Tea Party group in Garland, Texas.[5][6] She actively supported Ted Cruz in the 2012 Senate race in Texas and appeared on stage with him on election night.[4]

Katrina Pierson - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Thank god she's pretty. At least she'll make a suitable breeder.

Forum List

Back