Trump surrogate apologizes for overstating credentials

ScienceRocks

Democrat all the way!
Mar 16, 2010

Source: Yahoo News
A black televangelist who has been a campaign surrogate for Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump has admitted he "overstated" his accomplishments in a biography posted on his church's website.

Mark Burns walked off the set of a CNN interview that aired Saturday after being confronted with questions about claims made on the website about his educational background and military service. The website page has since been pulled down.

Burns issued a statement Friday declaring he was being attacked "because I am a black man supporting Donald Trump for president."

He admitted, however, that "as a young man starting my church in Greenville, South Carolina, I overstated several details of my biography because I was worried I wouldn't be taken seriously as a new pastor."

In the CNN interview, Burns acknowledged he had not graduated from North Greenville University as stated on the church website page nor was he admitted to a historically black fraternity, Kappa Alpha Psi, as claimed.

Other discrepancies raised in the CNN interview were that Burns served in the South Carolina National Guard, not in the army reserves as the website said, and that he had enrolled but never advanced in a master's program at Anderson Theological Seminary.

Read more: Trump surrogate apologizes for overstating credentials

Rule of thumb: If we're talking about a Trump surrogate, we're talking about a full of shit asshole.

A black televangelist who has been a campaign surrogate for Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump has admitted he "overstated" his accomplishments in a biography posted on his church's website.

Mark Burns walked off the set of a CNN interview that aired Saturday after being confronted with questions about claims made on the website about his educational background and military service. The website page has since been pulled down.

Burns issued a statement Friday declaring he was being attacked "because I am a black man supporting Donald Trump for president."

He admitted, however, that "as a young man starting my church in Greenville, South Carolina, I overstated several details of my biography because I was worried I wouldn't be taken seriously as a new pastor."

In the CNN interview, Burns acknowledged he had not graduated from North Greenville University as stated on the church website page nor was he admitted to a historically black fraternity, Kappa Alpha Psi, as claimed.

Other discrepancies raised in the CNN interview were that Burns served in the South Carolina National Guard, not in the army reserves as the website said, and that he had enrolled but never advanced in a master's program at Anderson Theological Seminary.

Rule of thumb: If we're talking about a Trump surrogate, we're talking about a full of shit asshole.
So CNN went after and trashed a black man who doesn't walk single file on the Democratic Plantation. The White liberal overseers in the Media are angry and must put any and all African Americans who leave the slave plantation in their line of fire and destroy the black man or woman.

So CNN went after and trashed a black man who doesn't walk single file on the Democratic Plantation. The White liberal overseers in the Media are angry and must put any and all African Americans who leave the slave plantation in their line of fire and destroy the black man or woman.

Matthew lives for these kind of stories..whether they are true or not. :lol:

Matthew lives for these kind of stories..whether they are true or not. :lol:
I'm just thrilled he flew the coop and is squatting over on the liberal plantation. I only pray he never comes back. LOL

• Thanks
Reactions: Kat
Gotta link to that?
What, he didn't take collections in his church, which he attracted people to by lying about his qualifications without later correcting the record?

Why on earth do you need another link to demonstrate that?

It's all in the story, Shirley.

A man of the cloth, too. Shameful. But no worries, I'm sure his sins will be forgiven.

Or do you mean about being a typical sTrumpet? Ok, fair point, he doesn't flip flop enough to be typical. Perhaps his conning of people and playing the victim of media will make up for that.

Last edited:

CNN exposed a con man who had lied about his credentials and was promoting himself as something he wasn't. I realize that as a conservative, you see no problem with lying to people and conning them into believing you're more capable than you are. Lying is basic fall-back for all Republicans. But the rest of us have objections to being conned.

lol

He didn't apologize without trying to blame the media for exposing his lies,

claiming that they were attacking him because he's black man supporting Donald Trump...

...no, fatso, you're a FRAUD supporting Donald Trump, and now everyone knows it.

Forum List

Back