Trumpf to call for 6 weeks of paid maternity leave.

candycorn

Diamond Member
Aug 25, 2009
Seems strange; this is more of the “free stuff” that Republicans once said they hated. It will be interesting to see how they react.

Trump to call for six weeks paid maternity leave

The plan's centerpiece has already been announced: rewriting the tax code to allow families to deduct childcare expenses. The campaign is fleshing out more details ahead of Trump's speech.

The total cost will be capped at the average child care costs in each state, while the highest-earning Americans — individuals making $250,000 per year or households with a combined $500,000 per year in income — won't be eligible.

Stay-at-home parents will also be eligible to take the deduction. The campaign framed the moves as a step toward creating an equal playing field for those who stay home to raise their children.

ok with me although I generally disapprove . Goal for Trump supporters is to win so this is just some targeting of single women mothers and loose woman that may have a kid out of wedlock . Trump is good on guns, rebuilding USA military , building a border wall and muslims plus yada and yada . SO , I understand his tactics and will approve as I keep the goal of TRUMP winning the election foremost in my mind Candy .

Seems strange; this is more of the “free stuff” that Republicans once said they hated. It will be interesting to see how they react.

The plan's centerpiece has already been announced: rewriting the tax code to allow families to deduct childcare expenses. The campaign is fleshing out more details ahead of Trump's speech.

The total cost will be capped at the average child care costs in each state, while the highest-earning Americans — individuals making $250,000 per year or households with a combined $500,000 per year in income — won't be eligible.

Stay-at-home parents will also be eligible to take the deduction. The campaign framed the moves as a step toward creating an equal playing field for those who stay home to raise their children.

I'm surprised that Trump isn't saying he wants 6 years of paid maternity leave. We know he doesn't want to see women around the office. And we know he doesn't bother to pay people anyway. Seems like the perfect Trumpian scam.

I'm surprised that Trump isn't saying he wants 6 years of paid maternity leave. We know he doesn't want to see women around the office. And we know he doesn't bother to pay people anyway. Seems like the perfect Trumpian scam.
----------------------------------------- and it should be a headline that grabs a lotta women by the nuts ehh , I think that its a good plan and should help Trump out with the womens vote ehh Swimexpert .

Trump's not a republican. And he knows there isn't a snowball's chance in hell of this passing congress, even it a bill was introduced, which he knows won't be introduced even if he's elected.

Not that pandering is unusual, but it's sort of pathetic that he's trying to poach women votes so disingenuously. But, insulting women isn't anything he is bothered by.

ok with me although I generally disapprove . Goal for Trump supporters is to win so this is just some targeting of single women mothers and loose woman that may have a kid out of wedlock . Trump is good on guns, rebuilding USA military , building a border wall and muslims plus yada and yada . SO , I understand his tactics and will approve as I keep the goal of TRUMP winning the election foremost in my mind Candy .

I'm a single man with no children. I see no reason why I should have to pay for someone else to take time off work for their children. If you can't afford children, don't have them.

I'm a single man with no children. I see no reason why I should have to pay for someone else to take time off work for their children. If you can't afford children, don't have them.
Hey the gop is the party of wealth redistribution and forcing the few to sacrifice for the needs of the many. Buck up Buster. (-:

------------------------------------- gay guys / bachelors and ugly single men that can't get'er up don't have to vote for the Trump . And Mostly I agree with your reasoning but like I said , the goal is to win for the bigger issues . SO , I as a log time married man , straight guy that likes the rest of Trumps plans will vote Trump SwimExpert

should be 6 months.

Are you crazy? It should be 6 YEARS or at least until they start pre-school.

Trump's not a republican. And he knows there isn't a snowball's chance in hell of this passing congress, even it a bill was introduced, which he knows won't be introduced even if he's elected.

Not that pandering is unusual, but it's sort of pathetic that he's trying to poach women votes so disingenuously. But, insulting women isn't anything he is bothered by.

What is the matter with you? Trump could just write an executive order. Obama does it all the time.

Seems like the GOP is suddenly the party of “free shit”.

LINK

should be 6 months.

Are you crazy? It should be 6 YEARS or at least until they start pre-school.

What is the matter with you? Trump could just write an executive order. Obama does it all the time.
well i blame feminism.

Leave implies you actually have a JOB.

------------------------------------- gay guys / bachelors and ugly single men that can't get'er up don't have to vote for the Trump . And Mostly I agree with your reasoning but like I said , the goal is to win for the bigger issues . SO , I as a log time married man , straight guy that likes the rest of Trumps plans will vote Trump SwimExpert

So let me get this straight: The Republican party had to nominate a liberal, lifelong Democrat, Clinton donor, because moderate Republicans are too busy being Democrat-lite to win elections. And now, in order to win the General, that same liberal wearing red needs to advocate for unabashedly liberal policies.....all because liberals in the White House would be a bad thing?

Trump is good on guns , the border wall , muslims , the supreme court and other issues so I will go along with him on his targeting single mothers that like to , err , have children . SwimExpert and other naysayers , bachelors will be the guys paying for the 6 weeks leave so Trumps plan is worth their sacrifice .

Forum List

Back