Trumpf to call for 6 weeks of paid maternity leave.

Been an interesting thread.

What I was interested in though was whether the GOP is now willing to admit that we need social safety nets such as mandatory maternity leave for both parents; a willingness to forgive student debt for STEM employees, etc…

What I was interested in though was whether the GOP is now willing to admit that we need social safety nets such as mandatory maternity leave for both parents; a willingness to forgive student debt for STEM employees, etc…
These things might be nice to have, but we certainly don't need them. Families can save up sick days and money to take the time off without the government's help and if they can't do that can they really afford to take care of children?

If STEM employees are in sufficient demand, then employers will pay them adequately to handle their debt.

It is neither right nor wrong to provide these services, but in a democracy if there is sufficient demand for them they will pass and if not they won't.

These things might be nice to have, but we certainly don't need them. Families can save up sick days and money to take the time off without the government's help and if they can't do that can they really afford to take care of children?

If STEM employees are in sufficient demand, then employers will pay them adequately to handle their debt.

It is neither right nor wrong to provide these services, but in a democracy if there is sufficient demand for them they will pass and if not they won't.

And if there isn’t a sufficient supply due to…oh….lets say governmental action toward allowing people into the nation? What then?

I tend to think that having 2 or 3 or six dozen companies like Intel, Cisco, Fisher Scientific, Apple would be more beneficial to the US than telling kids that they will have to foot the bill for 10-12 years of education. There is no “upside” to these nations organically starting a “farm team” full of eager interns

And if there isn’t a sufficient supply due to…oh….lets say governmental action toward allowing people into the nation? What then?

I tend to think that having 2 or 3 or six dozen companies like Intel, Cisco, Fisher Scientific, Apple would be more beneficial to the US than telling kids that they will have to foot the bill for 10-12 years of education. There is no “upside” to these nations organically starting a “farm team” full of eager interns

Uh, what? I'm not sure that was English.

Corporations could fund college for future employees.

In a free market economy, if there isn't sufficient demand for STEM workers, then they will have to find another field to work in.

In a free market economy, if there isn't sufficient demand for STEM workers, then they will have to find another field to work in.

When that happens…let us know.

When that happens…let us know.
33 Companies That Can Save You From College Debt | Lumerit Scholar Unbound

Forum List

Back