Trump's "armada" has been heading away from North Korea

This thread makes me very sleepy.

And you are a troll.
58f656ee14000021001b4ed8.jpeg

The aircraft carrier USS Carl Vinson transits the Sunda Strait on April 15, 2017.

Trump said he was “sending an armada” to the Korean Peninsula, but that didn’t happen.

When U.S. officials claimed two weeks ago that an American aircraft carrier was heading toward waters near North Korea, it was actually sailing in the opposite direction, The New York Times and Defense News report.

Amid growing tensions between the U.S. and North Korea, U.S. Pacific Command announced on April 8 that the USS Carl Vinson strike group would sail north to the western Pacific after departing Singapore that day. An American official told Reuters at the time that the ships’ move toward the Korean Peninsula was a show of force directed at the regime of Kim Jong Un.

U.S. National Security Adviser H.R. McMaster told Fox News the next day that the group was being rerouted from Singapore toward the Korean Peninsula as a “prudent” show of force.

Mere days after the announcement about the strike group’s new course, President Donald Trump weighed in on the North Korean threat. “We are sending an armada, very powerful. We have submarines, very powerful, far more powerful than the aircraft carrier,” Trump told Fox on April 12.

“We have the best military people on Earth. And I will say this: He is doing the wrong thing,” Trump added, referring to Kim Jong Un.

But Defense News pointed out on Tuesday that photos released by the U.S. Navy showed the aircraft carrier passing through the Sunda Strait in Indonesia, about 3,500 miles from the Korean Peninsula, last Saturday. It was moving away from North Korea when U.S. officials said it was moving toward the peninsula, the Times confirmed on Tuesday.

The ship has changed direction since then, but is expected to arrive far later than initial reports suggested.

More: U.S. Aircraft Carrier Went In Wrong Direction For Days After White House Threat

What if North Korea has taken Trump's earlier threats seriously - when the supposed "armada" was actually 3,500 miles away and heading in the opposite direction? Did Trump lie - or is he just stupid? Everything about Trump is dangerous and dishonest. Japan and South Korea must be very nervous.

Boy, Democrats sure have become snarling Warmongers since Trump became President. They want War with Syria, they want War with Russia, they want War with China, they want War with North Korea. They've completely lost it. Very hateful confused folks.

58f656ee14000021001b4ed8.jpeg

The aircraft carrier USS Carl Vinson transits the Sunda Strait on April 15, 2017.

Trump said he was “sending an armada” to the Korean Peninsula, but that didn’t happen.

When U.S. officials claimed two weeks ago that an American aircraft carrier was heading toward waters near North Korea, it was actually sailing in the opposite direction, The New York Times and Defense News report.

Amid growing tensions between the U.S. and North Korea, U.S. Pacific Command announced on April 8 that the USS Carl Vinson strike group would sail north to the western Pacific after departing Singapore that day. An American official told Reuters at the time that the ships’ move toward the Korean Peninsula was a show of force directed at the regime of Kim Jong Un.

U.S. National Security Adviser H.R. McMaster told Fox News the next day that the group was being rerouted from Singapore toward the Korean Peninsula as a “prudent” show of force.

Mere days after the announcement about the strike group’s new course, President Donald Trump weighed in on the North Korean threat. “We are sending an armada, very powerful. We have submarines, very powerful, far more powerful than the aircraft carrier,” Trump told Fox on April 12.

“We have the best military people on Earth. And I will say this: He is doing the wrong thing,” Trump added, referring to Kim Jong Un.

But Defense News pointed out on Tuesday that photos released by the U.S. Navy showed the aircraft carrier passing through the Sunda Strait in Indonesia, about 3,500 miles from the Korean Peninsula, last Saturday. It was moving away from North Korea when U.S. officials said it was moving toward the peninsula, the Times confirmed on Tuesday.

The ship has changed direction since then, but is expected to arrive far later than initial reports suggested.

More: U.S. Aircraft Carrier Went In Wrong Direction For Days After White House Threat

What if North Korea has taken Trump's earlier threats seriously - when the supposed "armada" was actually 3,500 miles away and heading in the opposite direction? Everything about Trump is dangerous and dishonest. Japan and South Korea must be very nervous.
You don't understand military tactics and strategy. This is classic military subterfuge being displayed.

Steve_McGarrett is right and yes it pains me to admit it.

OBVIOUSLY, trumpery is going all the way around the planet in order to sneak up and hit N Korea through the back door.

I have to admit - its brilliant and there is no way any part of Asia will know we're coming.

I actually remember a time when this particular OP used to claim to be 'Anti-War.' Now he or she wants to start a new War every week. People sure is crazy. :cuckoo:

Boy, Democrats sure have become snarling Warmongers since Trump became President. They want War with Syria, they want War with Russia, they want War with China, they want War with North Korea. They've completely lost it. Very hateful confused folks.

Really?

I haven't heard even one Dem say anything like that.

@Dschrute

Post links to all these Dems who want all these wars?

(Pssst ... it was drumpf who said he "loves war" and wants to use nukes. Dummy.)

:rolleyes:

Why do Democrats want Trump to start a War with North Korea? What's their motivation for pushing it? Do they want him to start it just so they can savagely criticize him for it? Democrats have become the biggest Warmongers in the country. I see ulterior motives. Pretty weird ghoulish stuff.

Sounds like Adolf Trump may soon be sending his "armada" to Iran. Get the map and compass out.

What's your solution? Do you support him involving us in conflict with Iran and North Korea? Your OP seems to indicate that you're upset about him turning an 'armada' away from North Korea. Would you prefer he attack?

Y'all Democrats seem very hateful and confused. What are your solutions to the Iran and North Korea problems? What would you like to see Trump do? I'm a fair-minded person. I'm willing to listen.

Sounds like Adolf Trump may soon be sending his "armada" to Iran. Get the map and compass out.

What's your solution? Do you support him involving us in conflict with Iran and North Korea? Your OP seems to indicate that you're upset about him turning an 'armada' away from North Korea. Would you prefer he attack?

Y'all Democrats seem very hateful and confused. What are your solutions to the Iran and North Korea problems? What would you like to see Trump do? I'm a fair-minded person. I'm willing to listen.

"Turning an 'armada' away from North Korea"? Away? Work on your reading comprehension. Trump lied when he said his "armada" was heading toward North Korea - when it was actually 3,500 miles away heading south. Singapore ain't near North Korea.

"Turning an 'armada' away from North Korea"? Away? Work on your reading comprehension. Trump lied when he said his "armada" was heading toward North Korea - when it was actually 3,500 miles away heading south. Singapore ain't near North Korea.

So what would you like to see him to do about Iran and North Korea? Would you support him involving us in conflict with them? You seem to be angry about him supposedly not sending an 'armada' to North Korea. So what do you want? Here's your chance to give us your solution to the these problems. The floor is all yours...

So what would you like to see him to do about Iran and North Korea? Would you support him involving us in conflict with them? You seem to be angry about him supposedly not sending an 'armada' to North Korea. So what do you want? Here's your chance to give us your solution to the these problems. The floor is all yours...

What's one more Trump lie? I'm sure Japan and South Korea didn't appreciate his lie at the same time he was threatening North Korea.

Spicer Insists The White House Didn’t Mislead On Location Of U.S. Ships. It Did.

What's one more Trump lie? I'm sure Japan and South Korea didn't appreciate his lie at the same time he was threatening North Korea.

Spicer Insists The White House Didn’t Mislead On Location Of U.S. Ships. It Did.

So what are you proposing? Do you support him attacking North Korea? Or are you just dead-set on criticizing him no matter what he does? If he doesn't attack, you seem angry about it. If he does attack, you seem angry about that too. So again i'll ask you, what is your solution to the North Korea problem? What would you like to see Trump do?

Lol! The fake Indian believes he is a military tactician. Libs are absolutely delusional.

Trump is too smart for the left. Notice Trump only stated he had an armada headed that way. Did it ever occur that he was sending a large number of submarines loaded with powerful Tomahawk and Polaris missiles. The media jumped the gun and assumed it was the Carl Vinson. Here's Trump's exact words in the interview:

“We are sending an armada. Very powerful,” Trump said during an interview with Fox Business host Maria Bartiromo. “We have submarines. Very powerful. Far more powerful than the aircraft carrier. That, I can tell you.”

That's all he said.Trump is just too intelligent for these Leftist who jump to false conclusions.

Color me ignorant Stevie but--------
Why the fuck should Trump making that kind of statement to begin with? We are sending an armada. Very powerful--------- He repeatedly told Americans ---------- that he will not broadcast or telegraph his plan. The armada is about 3,500 miles away. Tell me if that a smart thing to say or just plain stupidity that dumb guy like you seems to be a very smart move.
A president he should know where his aircraft carrier and armada are located ------ With the help of his SOD Mathis. But It looks like both Mathis and Trump didn't even know where this armada are located.
Is Trump too smart for the left ------ Or Trump is just too dumb for the left.

Trump is too smart for the left. Notice Trump only stated he had an armada headed that way. Did it ever occur that he was sending a large number of submarines loaded with powerful Tomahawk and Polaris missiles. The media jumped the gun and assumed it was the Carl Vinson. Here's Trump's exact words in the interview:

“We are sending an armada. Very powerful,” Trump said during an interview with Fox Business host Maria Bartiromo. “We have submarines. Very powerful. Far more powerful than the aircraft carrier. That, I can tell you.”

That's all he said.Trump is just too intelligent for these Leftist who jump to false conclusions.

Why the fuck should Trump making that kind of statement to begin with? We are sending an armada. Very powerful--------- He repeatedly told Americans ---------- that he will not broadcast or telegraph his plan. The armada is about 3,500 miles away. Tell me if that a smart thing to say or just plain stupidity that dumb guy like you seems to be a very smart move.
A president he should know where his aircraft carrier and armada are located ------ With the help of his SOD Mathis. But It looks like both Mathis and Trump didn't even know where this armada are located.
Okay, I finished the coloring you asked for. You're welcome.

There's a difference between actions meant to send a message as in sending ships to Fat Boy's nearby waters and doing something that telegraphs an upcoming operation/event to the opposition. In this case the message to fatso was we're gonna be right in your backyard and retaliation will be unbelievably swift due to our proximity, and we'll leave it up to you to figure out how incredibly devastating its firepower will be, not only to your country but you personally.

Okay, I finished the coloring you asked for. You're welcome.

There's a difference between actions meant to send a message as in sending ships to Fat Boy's nearby waters and doing something that telegraphs an upcoming operation/event to the opposition. In this case the message to fatso was we're gonna be right in your backyard and retaliation will be unbelievably swift due to our proximity, and we'll leave it up to you to figure out how incredibly devastating its firepower will be, not only to your country but you personally.

Nah! According to Stevie he sent that to confuse the leftist meaning---------- He purposely did that to confuse Americans.
In reality ------- It's reported that WH and Pentagon did not coordinate properly.
Also if I'm coming to get you. ------- why should I tell you when and where an attack might come. Dumb move don't you think? Now the whole world knows where this Armada will be stuck stupid.
Continue with your coloring book.

Forum List

Back