🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Trump's demand that Mosques be closed -- Here's what Washington said in a letter to the Jews

BIGOT - A person who is intolerant to other people's opinions. Lol.

Perhaps "raging anti-American asshole" is a more appropriate term. Or "prejudiced piece of shit".[/QUOTE

Perhaps "raging anti-American asshole" is a more appropriate term. Or "prejudiced piece of shit".

I don't think so. I'm not seeing any prejudice or raging anything in that post, and your response is still incredibly intolerant and hardly conducive to civilised debate, imho. Bit aggressive and bullying in fact, especially for a senior mod.

"Bullying"?

What are you, a liberal college student?

Logical Fallacy Appeal to Ridicule.

The premise that expressing my opinions in the flowery language I prefer is "bullying" is on it's face completely ridiculous.

There's no need to approach it with "logic".

NOpe. Verbal abuse is a common from of bullying. Denying it by ridiculing the person making the argument is fairly ironic.

Libs. All the self awareness of a turnip.

And nothing like saying that those who disagree with him don't get a say to show intolerance.

Well done.

Perhaps I should clarify.

You guys can "say" whatever ridiculous fear-mongering nonsense that you like - but angrily posting on message boards won't change reality.

You can refuse to entertain the idea of accepting Muslims into this country as much as you want, but that's not going to stop them from coming.

Maybe yes, maybe not.

It's odd that we conservatives are not the ones disputing the value of people speaking and arguing their ideas, but instead it is you, the libs, confident in the power of his side that wants to dismiss debate and the contest of ideas in favor of MIght Makes RiGHT.

:lol:

You take internet message boards way too seriously, dude.

This isn't a "debate", and the fact that I'm dismissing you clowns and your fear-mongering doesn't mean I'm "silencing" you - nor am I using "MIGHT" on you.

If you're so into the free exchange of ideas, why are you bitching and whining about what I'm saying?

It is a debate.

I did not accuse you of "silencing" me. Why do you feel a need to stoop to strawmen? Are you unable to counter what I say honestly?

I pointed out that instead of debating the issue and defending your position, you point out that your side has the power to make and enforce the policy. THat is Might Makes RIght. LIbs: All the self awareness of a turnip.

And I am not "bitching and whining" about what you are saying. I am pointing out the flaws in your reasoning and world view/behavior.

Go look at the post that I was responding to in the first place.

Tell me when you find a "debate", or a position to argue against.

Who the fuck cares whether you "entertain the idea of accepting Muslims"?

You don't get a say, bigot. Muslims will continue come to this nation and make up an important part of American culture, whether you like it or not.

And nothing like saying that those who disagree with him don't get a say to show intolerance.

Well done.

You guys can "say" whatever ridiculous fear-mongering nonsense that you like - but angrily posting on message boards won't change reality.

You can refuse to entertain the idea of accepting Muslims into this country as much as you want, but that's not going to stop them from coming.

Maybe yes, maybe not.

It's odd that we conservatives are not the ones disputing the value of people speaking and arguing their ideas, but instead it is you, the libs, confident in the power of his side that wants to dismiss debate and the contest of ideas in favor of MIght Makes RiGHT.

This isn't a "debate", and the fact that I'm dismissing you clowns and your fear-mongering doesn't mean I'm "silencing" you - nor am I using "MIGHT" on you.

If you're so into the free exchange of ideas, why are you bitching and whining about what I'm saying?
If it isn't a debate, what is it?

When Christians, Jews, and atheists are no longer being persecuted and are able to live freely and equally in Muslim nations, we'll entertain the idea accepting Muslims into our nation.

You don't get a say, bigot. Muslims will continue come to this nation and make up an important part of American culture, whether you like it or not.

Well done.

You are the only one 'angrily' posting on this thread up to now.

You're right, I am angry. Perhaps I should step away from the keyboard for a little while.

Well done.

Maybe yes, maybe not.

If it isn't a debate, what is it?

People vomiting out their opinions and calling each other names.

Perhaps "raging anti-American asshole" is a more appropriate term. Or "prejudiced piece of shit".[/QUOTE
Perhaps "raging anti-American asshole" is a more appropriate term. Or "prejudiced piece of shit".

I don't think so. I'm not seeing any prejudice or raging anything in that post, and your response is still incredibly intolerant and hardly conducive to civilised debate, imho. Bit aggressive and bullying in fact, especially for a senior mod.

"Bullying"?

The premise that expressing my opinions in the flowery language I prefer is "bullying" is on it's face completely ridiculous.

NOpe. Verbal abuse is a common from of bullying. Denying it by ridiculing the person making the argument is fairly ironic.

Do you not see the irony in complaining about "verbal abuse" while repeatedly insulting and trying to ridicule me?

Just other ways of showing how intolerant you are, bigot.

LIbs. THey have spent so long railing against "Bigotry" that they have forgotten what it is they are supposedly railing against.

I will agree that I used the wrong word.

But I'm not the slightest bit ashamed that I'm "bigoted" against all you hateful fucks.
When Christians, Jews, and atheists are no longer being persecuted and are able to live freely and equally in Muslim nations, we'll entertain the idea accepting Muslims into our nation.

I thought the US was a democracy.

You should take a civics class then.

Maybe I should. I'm not American but I could've sworn the US is a democracy. You, however, are convincing me otherwise. Well done :).

The US is a Constitutional Republic, not a "Democracy".

We vote for politicians to represent us, we don't get to vote on issues.
Where I come from we call that representative democracy, and you don't vote for parties who won't act on issues the way you'd like, so you do get to vote on some issues outside of referenda. I guess the people unhappy with how Obama has dealt with issues relating to refugees won't be voting for him, and will vote for people who say they will deal with these issues in a way they'd prefer will get their vote. So people get a say one way or the other, regardless of your protestations to the contrary.

I bet the media in Washington's day was a lot more honest than left wing blog sites that pass for news in the convoluted liberal mind. Trump never demanded anything. He has no power to demand that mosques be closed and he never said it. He merely suggested that the next president consider that Mosques may have become recruitment centers for the jihad. You almost gotta laugh that the same hypocrite liberals who are shocked that a presidential candidate might say such a thing supported a federal judge's order to bulldoze a half century old monument to Korean War Veterans because it featured a 40 ft Christian Cross which was offensive to a single agnostic or atheist or jihadist. Left wingers cheered when federal thugs armed with sledge hammers destroyed a representation of the Ten Commandments on a court house wall which never offended anyone for more than half a century because a single agnostic or an atheist or a jihadist claimed to be offended.

LIbs. THey have spent so long railing against "Bigotry" that they have forgotten what it is they are supposedly railing against.

But I'm not the slightest bit ashamed that I'm "bigoted" against all you hateful fucks.

Maybe I should. I'm not American but I could've sworn the US is a democracy. You, however, are convincing me otherwise. Well done :).

Where I come from we call that representative democracy, and you don't vote for parties who won't act on issues the way you'd like, so you do get to vote on some issues outside of referenda. I guess the people unhappy with how Obama has dealt with issues relating to refugees won't be voting for him, and will vote for people who say they will deal with these issues in a way they'd prefer will get their vote. So people get a say one way or the other, regardless of your protestations to the contrary.

The use of the term "democracy" unqualified, combined with your insistence that an anonymous internet post has a "say" in whether the US will continue it's historic refugee policy or change it due to fear-mongering and paranoia, implied that you believed the US to be a "direct" democracy.

Representative democracy is an umbrella term, our Constitutional Republic would fit within it - but Constitutional Republic is a more specific term.

Well done.

Maybe yes, maybe not.

It is a debate.

I did not accuse you of "silencing" me. Why do you feel a need to stoop to strawmen? Are you unable to counter what I say honestly?

I pointed out that instead of debating the issue and defending your position, you point out that your side has the power to make and enforce the policy. THat is Might Makes RIght. LIbs: All the self awareness of a turnip.

And I am not "bitching and whining" about what you are saying. I am pointing out the flaws in your reasoning and world view/behavior.

Sure.

I believe it was this.

"When Christians, Jews, and atheists are no longer being persecuted and are able to live freely and equally in Muslim nations, we'll entertain the idea accepting Muslims into our nation."

THe position is obviously that Muslims should not be welcome until the Muslim religion/cultures are better at co-existing with different religions.cultures.

YOu seem to disagree, though you did not explain why.

Other than ridicule and Appeal to Authority.

Well done.

You're right, I am angry. Perhaps I should step away from the keyboard for a little while.
And I'm sorry if I was a bit priggish. Make yourself a nice cup of tea ;-)

Maybe yes, maybe not.

It is a debate.

Sure.

I believe it was this.

"When Christians, Jews, and atheists are no longer being persecuted and are able to live freely and equally in Muslim nations, we'll entertain the idea accepting Muslims into our nation."

THe position is obviously that Muslims should not be welcome until the Muslim religion/cultures are better at co-existing with different religions.cultures.

That's not a debate, it's a ultimatum - a powerless and sad one, but an ultimatum never the less.

My post was mostly in reaction to the fact that his statement seems to imply that he believes his opinion to hold a lot more weight than it does - I am not required to convince him of anything.

Well done.

And I'm sorry if I was a bit priggish. Make yourself a nice cup of tea ;-)

It's ok, I've cooled down. Welcome to the boards, by the way.

The use of the term "democracy" unqualified, combined with your insistence that an anonymous internet post has a "say" in whether the US will continue it's historic refugee policy or change it due to fear-mongering and paranoia, implied that you believed the US to be a "direct" democracy.

Representative democracy is an umbrella term, our Constitutional Republic would fit within it - but Constitutional Republic is a more specific term.
I don't know of any direct democracies. I'm sorry I wasn't clearer.

Maybe yes, maybe not.

It is a debate.

Sure.

I believe it was this.

As for the "position", it's pretty simple.

Muslims are individuals. My downstairs neighbor bears no responsible for the laws in Saudi Arabia, and the Syrian refugees in question are fleeing the persecution of those Muslim countries.

"Bullying"?

Do you not see the irony in complaining about "verbal abuse" while repeatedly insulting and trying to ridicule me?

Do you not see the difference between using insults WITH a point and using insults INSTEAD of a point?

And you might consider the difference between calling someone a liberal and likening them to a turnip (specifically in terms of self awareness) and calling someone a piece of shit or a asshole.

"Bullying"?

Do you not see the difference between using insults WITH a point and using insults INSTEAD of a point?

And you might consider the difference between calling someone a liberal and likening them to a turnip (specifically in terms of self awareness) and calling someone a piece of shit or a asshole.

The only "difference" between calling someone an asshole and calling them a turnip is in one case, you're couching your insult behind a false sense of propriety. There's no practical difference between the two, just an emotional one - calling me a turnip allows you to pretend to take the high road, yet still get your insults in.

Maybe yes, maybe not.

It is a debate.

Sure.

I believe it was this.

Muslims are individuals. My downstairs neighbor bears no responsible for the laws in Saudi Arabia, and the Syrian refugees in question are fleeing the persecution of those Muslim countries.

See was that so hard?

But you're wrong.

Muslims are not individuals. They are a group. When we are talking about millions of them moving from shitty Third World Shitholes to First World Nations, AND we have to consider how their descendants will or will NOT assimilate and live happily ever after with US in a diverse and wonderfully multi-cultural Utopia under cotton candy clouds and rainbows.

YOur neighbor might not bear personally responsibility.

How does he feel about Jews? Women? Gays? Personal Property rights?

Maybe yes, maybe not.

It is a debate.

Sure.

I believe it was this.

Nothing will change in these countries whilst their men keep 'fleeing'. I'd like to see them stay and fight for their countries, fight for what they want instead of running away.

Forum List

Back