🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Trump's demand that Mosques be closed -- Here's what Washington said in a letter to the Jews

I will agree that I used the wrong word.

But I'm not the slightest bit ashamed that I'm "bigoted" against all you hateful fucks.
You should take a civics class then.

Maybe I should. I'm not American but I could've sworn the US is a democracy. You, however, are convincing me otherwise. Well done :).

The US is a Constitutional Republic, not a "Democracy".

We vote for politicians to represent us, we don't get to vote on issues.

Indeed, but the politicians we vote for are expected to at least give constituents views a modicum of respect.

Considering the lack of respect currently shown, perhaps we should demand all be put to referendum.

If you want to live under mob rule, do it somewhere else, please. This country was designed specifically to prevent that.

That is not mob rule.

Yeah, actually that's exactly what a popular vote referendum is.

Maybe I should. I'm not American but I could've sworn the US is a democracy. You, however, are convincing me otherwise. Well done :).

Indeed, but the politicians we vote for are expected to at least give constituents views a modicum of respect.

Considering the lack of respect currently shown, perhaps we should demand all be put to referendum.

If you want to live under mob rule, do it somewhere else, please. This country was designed specifically to prevent that.

That is not mob rule.

Nope. It is the electorate explaining to the government where they have gotten out of line.

Why do you fear that, if you are so non-partisan?

That is not mob rule.

Nope. It is the electorate explaining to the government where they have gotten out of line.

We already have elections for that.

That is not mob rule.

That is not mob rule.

Sometimes specific issues require a more detailed statement.

That is not mob rule.

I didn't claim to be "nonpartisan", nor does partisanship have anything to do with my distaste for mob rule.

See was that so hard?

But you're wrong.

Muslims are not individuals. They are a group. When we are talking about millions of them moving from shitty Third World Shitholes to First World Nations, AND we have to consider how their descendants will or will NOT assimilate and live happily ever after with US in a diverse and wonderfully multi-cultural Utopia under cotton candy clouds and rainbows.

YOur neighbor might not bear personally responsibility.

How does he feel about Jews? Women? Gays? Personal Property rights?

As far as I've been able to see, he's more tolerant to all of those things than most Conservatives that post on this forum.

How very unusual.

And thus irrelevant when discussing immigration policy that will effect hundreds of thousands, if not millions of people.

Not at all. I've lived around American muslims my entire life, and he's pretty much par for the course.

Anecdotal evidence that flies in the face of statistical evidence.

Show me the "statistical evidence" of American Muslims that that "flies in the face of".

Here's a link showing how a growing Muslim population in Europe is leading to increased antisemetism and violence.

Islam and antisemitism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I am against such a choice for the US.

That is not mob rule.

That is not mob rule.

The American public as a whole is too illinformed, emotional and reactionary to make a "detailed statement" about policy in this country.

As far as I've been able to see, he's more tolerant to all of those things than most Conservatives that post on this forum.

How very unusual.

And thus irrelevant when discussing immigration policy that will effect hundreds of thousands, if not millions of people.

Not at all. I've lived around American muslims my entire life, and he's pretty much par for the course.

Show me the "statistical evidence" of American Muslims that that "flies in the face of".

Here's a link showing how a growing Muslim population in Europe is leading to increased antisemetism and violence.

Islam is diametrically opposed to the US Constitution. For the Democrats to attempt to force such nonsense upon the American people will have catastrophic results upon that party, one way or another.

That is not mob rule.

That is not mob rule.

The American public as a whole is too illinformed, emotional and reactionary to make a "detailed statement" about policy in this country.

I'll let them know.

How very unusual.

Jews and Muslims have been living side-by-side in Brooklyn for decades. They'll figure it out.

That is not mob rule.

I'll let them know.

You'll let who know?

I'll let them know.

You'll let who know?

The electorate, that the Democrats think they are too stupid to express themselves

I'll let them know.

You'll let who know?

The electorate, that the Democrats think they are too stupid to express themselves

You know that I'm not "the Democrats", right?

You are welcome to tell whoever you want that I think the public as a whole is stupid, though.

I'll let them know.

You'll let who know?

No. I don't know that.

I'll let them know.

You'll let who know?

No. I don't know that.

You don't understand that I am an individual person and not a political party?

That is not mob rule.

That is not mob rule.

Wow. What makes you think that?

I'll let them know.

You'll let who know?

You are welcome to tell whoever you want that I think the public as a whole is stupid, though.

They may be, but they are still the government.

I'll let them know.

You'll let who know?

No. I don't know that.

I only know what your posts support.

Sure.

I believe it was this.

"When Christians, Jews, and atheists are no longer being persecuted and are able to live freely and equally in Muslim nations, we'll entertain the idea accepting Muslims into our nation."

THe position is obviously that Muslims should not be welcome until the Muslim religion/cultures are better at co-existing with different religions.cultures.

YOu seem to disagree, though you did not explain why.

Other than ridicule and Appeal to Authority.

As for the "position", it's pretty simple.

Muslims are individuals. My downstairs neighbor bears no responsible for the laws in Saudi Arabia, and the Syrian refugees in question are fleeing the persecution of those Muslim countries.

Nothing will change in these countries whilst their men keep 'fleeing'. I'd like to see them stay and fight for their countries, fight for what they want instead of running away.

What if what they want is peace and safety in which to raise their families?

Not everyone worships at the altar of war.

Of course they don't, but if your leaders are destroying your country there comes a point surely where you have a responsibility to fight for it as opposed to running. The women, the children, the elderly should be placed in safety of course.

I don't agree. I'm a pacifist, have been my whole life.

So you'd run away too? I guess things are making a little more sense now.

You'll let who know?

No. I don't know that.

I only know what your posts support.

My posts support that I am actually a national organization made up of tens of millions of people?

Forum List

Back