Trump's import tax to cost Americans dearly

Another stupid move by Trump.

The 20% import tax from Mexico, proposed by Trump, will cause a 20% increase in the cost of avocados, tequila and all of the imports from Mexico. It's a tax on American consumers.

Holy guacamole! Border tax could hit Mexican avocados

Really? That's the best you can come up with?

What the tax does is put Mexico in a corner. If they don't agree to pay for the Wall then they get to watch massive unemployment crank up in their country. This from American Companies that relocate manufacturing jobs to the US.

Worse, it means the Honda cars manufactured in the US along with Volkswagen, Toyota, Kia, and many others will be much cheaper than the comparable American Brands that are built in Mexico.

Think about that for a moment. A Volkswagen manufactured domestically in Tennessee will be cheaper than the Ford made in Mexico.

Ford will have to relocate along with GM and the rest to compete for their own domestic share.

Mexico stands to lose tens of billions in employment revenue over the next decade. The alternative is to pay a couple hundred million to build a wall on the border.

And the only response you have is Avacados and Tequila. Oh and the grumbling about a tax on consumers. As is a vast majority of the people are sucking back cheap whiskey from Mexico while eating a half pound of guacamole.

Amigo you are floundering here. I mean you are flopping about like a fish out of water.

As of Thursday evening, the White House was walking this back a little. Apparently, they are looking at some other options as well.

I have always said, they could use the money confiscated from drug cartels or drug lords like El Chapo. They could also institute a remittance tax on money being sent back to Mexico. There are ways to do this without instituting a tariff on imports, which would ultimately be paid by the American consumer. Of course, it will also affect sales as consumers change buying habits or find alternatives to Mexican products.

I honestly have never cared HOW or WHO pays for it. I've always thought this was a good campaign line but not something that was 'make or break' with regard to building the wall. It needs to be built and it needs to be done yesterday. Does not matter who pays or how.

Forum List

Back