Trump's state visit to Britain put on hold

Cause for celebration -

Donald Trump's state visit to Britain put on hold

US president told Theresa May he did not want trip to go ahead if there were large-scale public protests
He's really limiting his travel destinations if that's his reasoning.

Well, let's be honest. There is no reason really for any politician to spend the people's money on sightseeing junkets anyway.

There is a unique invention that renders it unecessary.
Donald wants to ride in the Royal Carriage. That's true. I read it shortly after the invitation.

I wouldn't want to turn that down, would you? Meet the queen? Man! She's something else.

I think she probably had Diana killed, though.

i don't think she had diana killed. lol...

but i'd love to meet her and hang out with the corgis

Well, let's be honest. There is no reason really for any politician to spend the people's money on sightseeing junkets anyway.

Donald wants to ride in the Royal Carriage. That's true. I read it shortly after the invitation.

that seriously would not surprize if true. he loooooved all that glitz, glamour & attention on him spilled on him from the saudis.
It's true. I read a reputable source that he had requested it. It was causing a little security kerfluffle (when Obama visited he decided to forego the Carriage to give British security a "break"). But nothing they weren't willing to handle.
Trump does love his gilt. :rolleyes:
Maybe we should chip in and buy him one to ride around D.C. in. He would LOVE it.

Cause for celebration -

US president told Theresa May he did not want trip to go ahead if there were large-scale public protests

We all saw those old Disney movies.

Cause for celebration -

I rode in a carriage once--it rattled my brains. It won't be air conditioned and it can't be bullet proofed (that's the security concern) and it PROBABLY doesn't have a wet bar and a television. So he might be let down.

Cause for celebration -

But you voted what's basically a Disney villain into the Presidency?

Cause for celebration -

Really? The general public in Britain protesting Trump and his policies is enough to dissuade him from making a state visit to the UK, our most ardent ally? Really?!? Oh, my....I had no idea his need for "adoring crowds" is that profound.
I'm sure he had a completely unselfish reason, like he wanted to spare Great Britain the extra security headache. LOL LOL LOL
Like I said, though, I'm not convinced it's true. The fact that there hasn't been a date set yet, though, is a point in the rumor's favor. I seem to recall it was originally going to be in September or October--early fall, anyway. That's not so far away; you'd think they'd be setting it up by now?
Take a look at the dates and how long after each man's inauguration they occurred, especially recent presidents.

While President Obama chose not to ride in such a carriage during his U.K. visit, other world leaders — including Russian President Vladimir Putin, Mexican President Enrique Peña Nieto and Chinese President Xi Jinping — have taken such carriage rides during state visits.
I didn't read they were pissed. Just security concerns. If Putin can do it, damnit, you KNOW Donald is gonna want to do it!

Cause for celebration -

Really? The general public in Britain protesting Trump and his policies is enough to dissuade him from making a state visit to the UK, our most ardent ally? Really?!? Oh, my....I had no idea his need for "adoring crowds" is that profound.
I'm sure he had a completely unselfish reason, like he wanted to spare Great Britain the extra security headache. LOL LOL LOL
Like I said, though, I'm not convinced it's true. The fact that there hasn't been a date set yet, though, is a point in the rumor's favor. I seem to recall it was originally going to be in September or October--early fall, anyway. That's not so far away; you'd think they'd be setting it up by now?
Take a look at the dates and how long after each man's inauguration they occurred, especially recent presidents.
It was the Queen and May who invited him. He didn't just call and say he was coming, Xelor.

Cause for celebration -

But you voted what's basically a Disney villain into the Presidency?
Ladies and Gentlemen! The President of the Electoral College of the United States of America!!! DONALD TRUMP!!!

6362018911816565881925940191_tumblr_lu7f283tR31qhigt0o1_500.gif

636201362783773972-47315751_tumblr_m079urgQRD1qem26lo2_r1_500.gif

636201959132187990-602833266_HoND1.jpg

Cause for celebration -

you mean like his trips to his own golf course courtesy of the american taxpayers?

At least he gets free green and cart fees.

airforce one or Marine One costs a pretty penny. he's a grifter, plain & simple. simple minds STILL falling for it have no sympathy from me.

fact.

Cause for celebration -

you mean like his trips to his own golf course courtesy of the american taxpayers?

airforce one or Marine One costs a pretty penny. he's a grifter, plain & simple. simple minds STILL falling for it have no sympathy from me.

fact.
A grifter for sure.

Cause for celebration -

fact.

Playtime is over...
Off to timeout little guy.

upload_2017-6-11_16-5-12.png

Cause for celebration -

that seriously would not surprize if true. he loooooved all that glitz, glamour & attention on him spilled on him from the saudis.
Trump is like a 3rd world dictator. More concerned with appearances and the illusion he's crafting than with what's actually happening.

he has a hard on for being a dictator himself. look who he's bending over for? then he says the piglet from n. korea is a smart cookie. & praises the phillipine asshole who has openly admitted to executing drug users & dealers himself. trump pretty much CONgratulated him.

then there's the TURKISH PRESIDENT ordering his own fucking goons to beat AMERICAN citizens on THEIR OWN SOIL exercising their AMERICAN rights to FREE SPEECH & PEACEFULLY ASSEMBLE, when that douche was here.

not one fucking word from that orange bitch of pootey poots.

why?

It's true. I read a reputable source that he had requested it. It was causing a little security kerfluffle (when Obama visited he decided to forego the Carriage to give British security a "break"). But nothing they weren't willing to handle.
Trump does love his gilt. :rolleyes:
Maybe we should chip in and buy him one to ride around D.C. in. He would LOVE it.

as long as he doesn't hafta pay for it- he's good to go.

Cause for celebration -

It was the Queen and May who invited him. He didn't just call and say he was coming, Xelor.

All the more reason he should be going.

None of them just called and announced they were going to appear.

Cause for celebration -

All the more reason he should be going.

None of them just called and announced they were going to appear.
I agree he should go. If this is true and he wants to wait until he's popular, the Queen could be waiting a long time, though.

Forum List

Back