TSA Continues to Be One Expensive Failure

Dont Taz Me Bro

Diamond Member
Staff member
Senior USMB Moderator
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 17, 2009
Las Vegas, Nevada
Tell me again why Americans continue to insist our government spend billions of dollars a year on the TSA? In 13 years they haven't caught a single terrorist, yet they've gotten pretty good at sticking their hand down people's pants under the guise of safety. This is nothing more than theater. Security can and should be turned over to the individual airlines to screen their own passengers as they see fit. No airline has an interest in seeing a plane go down due to terrorism and they would likely do a more effective job at providing security and at less cost. There is no reason why need a federal agency continuing to waste our tax dollars and intrude on our Constitutional rights.

Can the TSA find hidden weapons? Rossen Reports goes undercover

It's total bullshit, but it makes the morons feel safe because they have to take off their shoes and belts, even though we've already had the underpants bomber give it a go.

Because some cheap airlines will provide dirt cheap "security". And whether it's Delta or Econo-Jet Air.....they're both giant flying bombs if taken. So it's in everyone's interest to have standardized security. Even if TSA is shitty....we haven't had a plane taken since 2001.

But sure...turn security of airlines over to the companies. I'm sure United and Delta and Southwest would do a great job. But Boondocks Budget Air??? Probably not. And that's the plane that'll get hijacked.

FYI....the Russian plane in Egypt was brought down by a SODA CAN. Yep. Bomb inside a soda can.

If anything....TSA isn't intrusive enough. Especially towards foreigners and Muslims if you wanna get right to the point.

Tell me again why Americans continue to insist our government spend billions of dollars a year on the TSA? In 13 years they haven't caught a single terrorist, yet they've gotten pretty good at sticking their hand down people's pants under the guise of safety. This is nothing more than theater. Security can and should be turned over to the individual airlines to screen their own passengers as they see fit. No airline has an interest in seeing a plane go down due to terrorism and they would likely do a more effective job at providing security and at less cost. There is no reason why need a federal agency continuing to waste our tax dollars and intrude on our Constitutional rights.

Can the TSA find hidden weapons? Rossen Reports goes undercover

While their track record is worse than a bad joke, in their defense, we know their failures but not their successes. How much is catching 1 actual bomb worth?

The TSA Blog: TSA 2014 Year in Review

In addition to hundreds of firearms which were often loaded and condition 1 (round chambered) there have been actual bombs caught (though most simulated ones get through it seems.)

"A homemade avalanche control charge was discovered in a carry-on bag at Ted Stevens Anchorage International Airport (ANC). FBI responded and arrested the passenger.
An Mk 2 hand grenade [typical frag type] was discovered in a carry-on bag at Los Angeles International Airport (LAX). The Terminal 1 checkpoint was closed while the explosive ordnance disposal team transported the grenade to an offsite location to be disrupted.
A traveler at Gerald R. Ford International Airport-Grand Rapids (GRR) had a tube in his carry-on bag containing 500 grains of black powder.
Other dangerous items discovered last year include: a fireworks making kit, fireworks, black powder pellets, live flash bang grenades, propane, a flare gun, seal deterrent, M-1000 fireworks, over 700 stun guns and live smoke grenades."

Because some cheap airlines will provide dirt cheap "security". And whether it's Delta or Econo-Jet Air.....they're both giant flying bombs if taken. So it's in everyone's interest to have standardized security. Even if TSA is shitty....we haven't had a plane taken since 2001.

But sure...turn security of airlines over to the companies. I'm sure United and Delta and Southwest would do a great job. But Boondocks Budget Air??? Probably not. And that's the plane that'll get hijacked.

Typical and predictable statist response. Because every airline out there is itching to have a plane taken down by a hijacker so nobody will fly them anymore and they'll go out of business. Makes perfect sense to me.

Only the government, the very people who caused all of this terrorism in the first place, can be trusted!!

Typical and predictable statist response. Because every airline out there is itching to have a plane taken down by a hijacker so nobody will fly them anymore and they'll go out of business. Makes perfect sense to me.

Only the government, the very people who caused all of this terrorism in the first place, can be trusted!!
It's a free bee for the poor airline industry that is to big to fail...

TSA-perverts.PNG

Well....you have no fucking clue about proactive security or law enforcement so I expect you to be ignorant on this issue.

Of course no airline wants a plane taken down. However...the odds are very tiny. Just like how shopping malls don't want a mass gunman to slaughter people....but do mall security guards carry guns or look highly capable? Of course not. It's a $9 an hour job.

Same with cheap airlines. Razor thin profit margins. They'll hire cheap labor for security (aka...sloppy security and lax security). Delta would hire $20 an hour ex military or ex police to do it. They can afford it.

But again....you're clueless on security issues so no surprise there.

Well....you have no fucking clue about proactive security or law enforcement so I expect you to be ignorant on this issue.

Of course no airline wants a plane taken down. However...the odds are very tiny. Just like how shopping malls don't want a mass gunman to slaughter people....but do mall security guards carry guns or look highly capable? Of course not. It's a $9 an hour job.

Same with cheap airlines. Razor thin profit margins. They'll hire cheap labor for security (aka...sloppy security and lax security). Delta would hire $20 an hour ex military or ex police to do it. They can afford it.

But again....you're clueless on security issues so no surprise there.
The TSA is clueless on security too. Remember all the contraband items that were snuck onto planes in an investigation a few years back? Maybe if they weren't so busy molesting children and old ladies while ignoring the guy with the fuse sticking out of his turban...

Forum List

Back