Tulsi Gabbard for President

And you don't know who this is?

Liar

View attachment 267722

It's Fucking Martha ..we all had a huge crush on her during the MTV days

I was not much into MTV, they did not play my style of music. In the 80s I was listening to Rush and Pink Floyd and Metallica, Motorhead and many more. you did not find much of that in MTV.

This is whom I had a crush on.

View attachment 267725

So you were a poor ass liberal and didn't even have cable?

God every one of my generation watched MTV.

The people that watched MTV were the same people that listened to AM radio.

In who's world? I remember when MTV came out, and I had no interest in any AM radio. I didn't turn AM back on until I started to get interested in politics.

They played the same style of music. Top 40 crap.

Lol
It was the best part of MTV and everyone knew it, back when they used to play videos.
All of the VJs were on it often including her.

Not according to your link. Martha was the pop music queen, she would not know what to do with heavy metal.

Remember these are the same stupid fucks that gave Jethro Tull an award for being the best heavy metal band.
Lol
I remember seeing all of the VJs as guests On a regular basis.
MTV was the only good station we had on the Rez, Back when they used to play videos.
Jethro tull is a heavy metal band?
I would stay up all the time and watch the whole thing, always being late for school or just skipping.

No, Jethro Tull is not a heavy metal band, that was my point. But the same fucks that listen to MTV gave them the award for Best Heavy Metal band...over Metallica!
True, that is Ridiculous.
I was a Metallica fan before the black album made them main stream. My favorite was ride the lightning and master of puppets in that order.

remember when they swore they would never make music video? They held out a while, but finally the dollars they were losing won out!
Lol
Hollywood could not make any money off garage bands...

Is that a selfie?

If you don't know who that is, your not as old as you say you are.

I am 55 (as of this past Tuesday). I have no fucking clue who that is. Please enlighten me.

Liar

View attachment 267722

I was not much into MTV, they did not play my style of music. In the 80s I was listening to Rush and Pink Floyd and Metallica, Motorhead and many more. you did not find much of that in MTV.

View attachment 267725

The 80's is what I always called Rock N Roll depression.

Not according to your link. Martha was the pop music queen, she would not know what to do with heavy metal.

Remember these are the same stupid fucks that gave Jethro Tull an award for being the best heavy metal band.
Lol
I remember seeing all of the VJs as guests On a regular basis.
MTV was the only good station we had on the Rez, Back when they used to play videos.
Jethro tull is a heavy metal band?
I would stay up all the time and watch the whole thing, always being late for school or just skipping.

No, Jethro Tull is not a heavy metal band, that was my point. But the same fucks that listen to MTV gave them the award for Best Heavy Metal band...over Metallica!
True, that is Ridiculous.
I was a Metallica fan before the black album made them main stream. My favorite was ride the lightning and master of puppets in that order.

remember when they swore they would never make music video? They held out a while, but finally the dollars they were losing won out!
Lol
Hollywood could not make any money off garage bands...

I will give them credit, they did hold out for longer than I thought they would.

I am 55 (as of this past Tuesday). I have no fucking clue who that is. Please enlighten me.

Liar

View attachment 267722

I loved her for some reason. She was always kind of stuck up, but hot as all hell.

Liar

View attachment 267722

View attachment 267725

It was a lost decade for music. The Hair Bands tried, but they were a weak imitation.

Is that a selfie?

Liar

View attachment 267722

I loved her for some reason. She was always kind of stuck up, but hot as all hell.

she tired to hard to be "cute". never thought of her as hot.

Now, Doro was I found to be hot as hell. And had musical talent!

doro-pesch-sngerin-der-deutschen-heavy-metal-band-warlock-in-mnchen-deutschland-1985-doro-pesch-singer-of-german-heavy-metal-band-warlock-a-PH9AEW.jpg

Liar

View attachment 267722

View attachment 267725

It was a lost decade for music. The Hair Bands tried, but they were a weak imitation.
To a degree...
The 80s did fill up arenas, Because people weren’t so serious like a bunch of fucking Political pansies like the 60s and the 90s and beyond.
The 80s were carefree music before everything got all political in the 90s...
the 90s when all of the music was about feeling sorry for themselves… Because they sucked.

Political correctness fucked everything up... About the time people started calling name calling racism.

Liar

View attachment 267722

View attachment 267725

To a degree...
The 80s did fill up arenas, Because people weren’t so serious like a bunch of fucking Political pansies like the 60s and the 90s and beyond.
the 90s when all of the music was about feeling sorry for themselves… Because they sucked.

Political correctness fucked everything up... About the time people started calling name calling racism.

True, nothing good came out of the 90s or later for that matter.

The hairbands were fun to watch in concert, but their music was 2nd tier compared to the bands from the 60s and 70s.

She is the ONLY democrat I would vote for. If she ain't nominee I will write in Patrick Little.
She should go Green party
Tulsi & Jill 2020
Guaranteed obscurity
Yeah I know. I just thought it would be appropriate to mention the original antiwar candidate (woman) was Jill Stein in 2016. She also was first to bring up "Green New Deal".
Indeed.
I looked at Trump.:puke:
I looked at Hillary.:puke:
Then voted for Jill Stein.

Liar

View attachment 267722

View attachment 267725

They turned rock into synthesizer music which I couldn't stand. With the exception of some well written ballads, the rest pretty much sucked.

I'll never forget the day when I found out it was over. I was teaching guitar at a local music store. One of my students walked in and said "I have a new song for you to teach me!" He knew how I felt about the 80's music, but it was my job.

He laughed and said "I think you're going to really love this one." I didn't know if he was being sarcastic or not. So I put the cassette tape in and listened. As the song played, a smile grew on my face. I thought to myself "It's back, Rock n Roll is back! I thought it was gone forever!"

I stopped the tape and asked how the other kids in school were reacting to the song? He said it was the talk of the entire school. Even the junior class said they were going to vote it in as their graduation song.

The song was Sweet Child of Mine by Guns and Roses. I was never happier learning and teaching a new song than that day.

Liar

View attachment 267722

View attachment 267725

To a degree...

Now, here is a video for you...

They turned rock into synthesizer music which I couldn't stand. With the exception of some well written ballads, the rest pretty much sucked.

I'll never forget the day when I found out it was over. I was teaching guitar at a local music store. One of my students walked in and said "I have a new song for you to teach me!" He knew how I felt about the 80's music, but it was my job.

He laughed and said "I think you're going to really love this one." I didn't know if he was being sarcastic or not. So I put the cassette tape in and listened. As the song played, a smile grew on my face. I thought to myself "It's back, Rock n Roll is back! I thought it was gone forever!"

I stopped the tape and asked how the other kids in school were reacting to the song? He said it was the talk of the entire school. Even the junior class said they were going to vote it in as their graduation song.

The song was Sweet Child of Mine by Guns and Roses. I was never happier learning and teaching a new song than that day.

Guns and Roses was one of the exceptions to the rule, they were amazing and could have been on the same level as the Rolling Stones had they been able to keep it together. It was so sad to see them crash and burn.

I have great memories of Sweet Child of Mine!

I also remember being in a bar called "Metallicas" in Olongapo City singing at the top of my lungs to Paradise City with the word Paradise replaced by Olongapo...the whole bar was singing along.

They had this massive tube that went half the length of the bar, it was a giant ass Bose bass cannon!

Liar

View attachment 267722

View attachment 267725

To a degree...

One of the reasons recording companies got out of the 80's style is because the bands were no-talent and people would attend the concerts because they liked the videos. The record sales were slipping because after the hit video came out, nobody listened to the band again.

The 90's (particularly the Seattle sound) had artists that could produce sellable products. Like the bands of the 70's, they were long-term bands that brought in money for the recording companies.

Liar

View attachment 267722

she tired to hard to be "cute". never thought of her as hot.

Now, Doro was I found to be hot as hell. And had musical talent!

doro-pesch-sngerin-der-deutschen-heavy-metal-band-warlock-in-mnchen-deutschland-1985-doro-pesch-singer-of-german-heavy-metal-band-warlock-a-PH9AEW.jpg

Martha was not model beautiful. She was more like Jennifer Anniston beautiful. She just had a certain look about her, kind of like Gabbard's.

Guns and Roses was one of the exceptions to the rule, they were amazing and could have been on the same level as the Rolling Stones had they been able to keep it together. It was so sad to see them crash and burn.

I have great memories of Sweet Child of Mine!

I also remember being in a bar called "Metallicas" in Olongapo City singing at the top of my lungs to Paradise City with the word Paradise replaced by Olongapo...the whole bar was singing along.

They had this massive tube that went half the length of the bar, it was a giant ass Bose bass cannon!
I loved appetite for destruction...
Problem with guns and roses they alienated fans, Because axle Rose was a lazy ass piece of shit.
I hated use your illusion one and two,
I was more into Pantera, slayer, Metallica, etc.
There were some hair bands that were pretty decent like Cinderella night songs, Dokken(1979)
But then again 80s were not about “perfection” And certainly were not politically correct… In my book that makes that a good thing.

View attachment 267725

To a degree...

One of the reasons recording companies got out of the 80's style is because the bands were no-talent and people would attend the concerts because they liked the videos. The record sales were slipping because after the hit video came out, nobody listened to the band again.

The 90's (particularly the Seattle sound) had artists that could produce sellable products. Like the bands of the 70's, they were long-term bands that brought in money for the recording companies.

The shittiest concerts I ever went to... Aerosmith, Nirvana, And Green Day.
All super short and very unprofessional… And politically correct pussies
Great concerts I’ve been to... rob Zombie, Rammstein, Pantera, Def Leppard(early 80s), Offspring, Pink Floyd at red rocks.
Certainly not politically correct

Forum List

Back