Turkey Saber-Rattling Over Imprisoned American Pastor

SweetSue92

Diamond Member
Jul 18, 2018
USA
But, God willing, it seems that America might prevail.

For those of you not up on this story (and who can be up on them all?) Andrew Brunson is an Evangelical Presbyterian ordained pastor who has led a church in Turkey since the early 90s. He stands accused of aiding the rebels in the uprising--a completely false charge. He has been imprisoned since October 2016. One of his official charges is terrorism (!).

He was expected to be released on July 18th but was remanded back to prison. Under heavy US pressure, they released him Wednesday to house arrest due to "health issues". Both President Trump and Vice-President Pence threatened "heavy US sanctions" if he is not remanded to American custody immediately.

In response Turkey is saber-rattling. They are SUPPOSED to be a NATO ally. This goes to show how wonderful NATO is, yes? At any rate, if you're inclined please pray for Andrew Brunson! My church has been praying for him since he was detained. Hoping for a good outcome SOON!

For those of you not up on this story (and who can be up on them all?) Andrew Brunson is an Evangelical Presbyterian ordained pastor who has led a church in Turkey since the early 90s. He stands accused of aiding the rebels in the uprising--a completely false charge. He has been imprisoned since October 2016. One of his official charges is terrorism (!).

He was expected to be released on July 18th but was remanded back to prison. Under heavy US pressure, they released him Wednesday to house arrest due to "health issues". Both President Trump and Vice-President Pence threatened "heavy US sanctions" if he is not remanded to American custody immediately.

In response Turkey is saber-rattling. They are SUPPOSED to be a NATO ally. This goes to show how wonderful NATO is, yes? At any rate, if you're inclined please pray for Andrew Brunson! My church has been praying for him since he was detained. Hoping for a good outcome SOON!
A link would be nice. I think it has less to do with NATO than it does Turkeys strong arm president, soon to be despot, Recep Tayyip Erdoğan.

i don't know but i don't think that TRUMP supports 'turkey' other than the fact that 'turkey' is a member of 'nato' . He oughta send 'turkey' packing . Anyway , while i support the Pastor , he can't be very smart being a Christian foreigner and Head of a Christian Church in a 'muslim' country Biff .

I thought Trump lovers supported Turkey because Trump does??

I mean, I remember Trump lovers defending the idea of our own US officials plotting to kidnap a guy out of the US to handover to Turkey

Robert Mueller Investigates Mike Flynn’s Plot to Kidnap Muslim Cleric for Turkey
Turkey has been a (mostly democratic, secular) staunch US ally for decades, then came Erdogan.........
Agreed. And a very rare occurrence of democratic and secular for an 82% Islamic country. (Wiki % there.)

A link would be nice. I think it has less to do with NATO than it does Turkeys strong arm president, soon to be despot, Recep Tayyip Erdoğan.

Andrew Brunson, U.S. Pastor, Moved to House Arrest in Turkey

I mean, I remember Trump lovers defending the idea of our own US officials plotting to kidnap a guy out of the US to handover to Turkey

Robert Mueller Investigates Mike Flynn’s Plot to Kidnap Muslim Cleric for Turkey
Turkey has been a (mostly democratic, secular) staunch US ally for decades, then came Erdogan.........

FWIW, Pastor Brunson was there as the nation just started switching over from democratic/secular to more Islamic theocracy. It's not like he went in there expecting to be oppressed.

Just because the accused man is a Christian pastor doesn't mean he wasn't complicit in a plot against Turkey's government. ... :cool:

The charges themselves are spurious. He's not automatically innocent because he's a pastor, for goodness sake.

FWIW, Pastor Brunson was there as the nation just started switching over from democratic/secular to more Islamic theocracy. It's not like he went in there expecting to be oppressed.
------------------------------------------- as i said , i wish the best for the Pastor . But , i don't think its smart to be preaching a foreign ideology or enemy religion in a 'muslim' country . Course the Pastor can do anything he likes . Heck , he is the guy thats sitting in Prison so just my opinion SSue .

Fine, so we ban Turks from ttending Mosques or praying while in the U.S., and lock them up if they even look like they might practice their religion. Just to be safe arrest anybody who might look like a Turk as well. Problem solved!

Fuck Turkey. Erdogan and his vermin were aiding both Saddam and ISIS and every other terrorist scumbag in the ME. All they rate is a nice old fashioned bombing raid on their government buildings and leveling them, hopefully with Erdogan and his Islamo-vermin gangsters with him. It's laughable how anybody can actually think we should let the guy alone for kidnapping an American citizen because he was a Christian. We got rid of Obama for less.

Forum List

Back