Turkey Saber-Rattling Over Imprisoned American Pastor

Just because the accused man is a Christian pastor doesn't mean he wasn't complicit in a plot against Turkey's government. ... :cool:
Under Erdogan.....? Really? :rofl:
--------------------------------------- i think that 'edrogen' is a hero to many 'turks' . Heck , it was only a hundred years ago and the 'turks' had a pretty powerful 'caliphate' didn't they ?? Then along came [whats his name] that forced 'muslim' turks to be more secular . Seems to me that 'edrogen' wants to take 'turkey' back to its powerful days of the 'muslim calphate' . All in my opinion the little i know about 'turkey' Ringel .

i don't know but i don't think that TRUMP supports 'turkey' other than the fact that 'turkey' is a member of 'nato' . He oughta send 'turkey' packing . Anyway , while i support the Pastor , he can't be very smart being a Christian foreigner and Head of a Christian Church in a 'muslim' country Biff .
No, he and his NSA advisor supported Turkey because Turkey had an authoritarian leader who practiced kleptocratic governing -- this was also the appeal behind Trump's affinity for Putin and China's leader..

The reason Trump can't go full Erdogan is because of that muslim thing -- but if there are opportunities for US business interests(mainly Trump's) to profit from it, then yes, Trump will go full Erdogan and his supporters will follow

But, God willing, it seems that America might prevail.

For those of you not up on this story (and who can be up on them all?) Andrew Brunson is an Evangelical Presbyterian ordained pastor who has led a church in Turkey since the early 90s. He stands accused of aiding the rebels in the uprising--a completely false charge. He has been imprisoned since October 2016. One of his official charges is terrorism (!).

He was expected to be released on July 18th but was remanded back to prison. Under heavy US pressure, they released him Wednesday to house arrest due to "health issues". Both President Trump and Vice-President Pence threatened "heavy US sanctions" if he is not remanded to American custody immediately.

In response Turkey is saber-rattling. They are SUPPOSED to be a NATO ally. This goes to show how wonderful NATO is, yes? At any rate, if you're inclined please pray for Andrew Brunson! My church has been praying for him since he was detained. Hoping for a good outcome SOON!

Fuck Turkey. Erdogan and his vermin were aiding both Saddam and ISIS and every other terrorist scumbag in the ME. All they rate is a nice old fashioned bombing raid on their government buildings and leveling them, hopefully with Erdogan and his Islamo-vermin gangsters with him. It's laughable how anybody can actually think we should let the guy alone for kidnapping an American citizen because he was a Christian. We got rid of Obama for less.
How did we get rid of Obama?

Fine, so we ban Turks from ttending Mosques or praying while in the U.S., and lock them up if they even look like they might practice their religion. Just to be safe arrest anybody who might look like a Turk as well. Problem solved!
Constitution and stuff

Fine, so we ban Turks from ttending Mosques or praying while in the U.S., and lock them up if they even look like they might practice their religion. Just to be safe arrest anybody who might look like a Turk as well. Problem solved!
----------------------------- just don't import any more muslims into the USA and let the existing muslims in the USA leave this USA in a peaceful fashion in old age sleeping in their beds and the problem is solved Picaro .

For those of you not up on this story (and who can be up on them all?) Andrew Brunson is an Evangelical Presbyterian ordained pastor who has led a church in Turkey since the early 90s. He stands accused of aiding the rebels in the uprising--a completely false charge. He has been imprisoned since October 2016. One of his official charges is terrorism (!).

He was expected to be released on July 18th but was remanded back to prison. Under heavy US pressure, they released him Wednesday to house arrest due to "health issues". Both President Trump and Vice-President Pence threatened "heavy US sanctions" if he is not remanded to American custody immediately.

In response Turkey is saber-rattling. They are SUPPOSED to be a NATO ally. This goes to show how wonderful NATO is, yes? At any rate, if you're inclined please pray for Andrew Brunson! My church has been praying for him since he was detained. Hoping for a good outcome SOON!

Fuck Turkey. Erdogan and his vermin were aiding both Saddam and ISIS and every other terrorist scumbag in the ME. All they rate is a nice old fashioned bombing raid on their government buildings and leveling them, hopefully with Erdogan and his Islamo-vermin gangsters with him. It's laughable how anybody can actually think we should let the guy alone for kidnapping an American citizen because he was a Christian. We got rid of Obama for less.
How did we get rid of Obama?

The country voted out his protege Hillary, the criminal that as going to preserve his 'legacy', dumbass. you traitors have been sniveling about it since 2016, so how did you miss it??? he's now running around mostly un-noticed, giving stupid speeches nobody is listening to now.

We don't typically pray for people to die, no. I shouldn't use the word "typically" because I can't think of a situation where we would pray for that...
Oh. Is martyrdom a bad outcome/not a good outcome for a Christian?

Last edited:
Constitution and stuff

Democrats claim it doesn't exist. No need to force the lil darlings to abide by it; it might anger some faggots or something, who don't think religion is protected.

We don't typically pray for people to die, no. I shouldn't use the word "typically" because I can't think of a situation where we would pray for that...
Oh. Is martyrdom a bad outcome/not a good outcome for a Christian?

Unserious question. It's like saying that since something good can come out of something bad, you should cheer for people to have traumatic debilitating car accidents and total their cars. Since they can get new cars out of it in the end. Or put any scenario in here you like.

The charges themselves are spurious. He's not automatically innocent because he's a pastor, for goodness sake.
Obviously the government prosecutor had evidence of the pastor's involvement in criminal activity or else he wouldn't have been charged with a crime. ... :cool:

You apparently know nothing about Turkey.

Stop being a Muslim apologist.

The representatives, including Fener Greek Orthodox Patriarch Dimitri Bartholomew, Armenian Patriarchate of Istanbul Archbishop Aram Ateşyan, and Chief Rabbi of the Turkish Jewish Community Ishak Haleva, said that as minority leaders they “felt the responsibility to inform the public with the truth.” (...) “As religious representatives of ancient communities with different religions and beliefs, which have been in this country for centuries, we hereby declare that we are practicing our religions in accordance with our traditions and are practicing our beliefs freely,” the statement read.
Turkey’s religious communities deny ‘oppression’ claims, say they are ‘freely’ practicing religions

Declaration of 18 non-Muslim communities.
Brunson should've stayed with reading the bible and not engage in politics and other stuff.

Djc9xqtVAAEvOAu.jpg:large

The representatives, including Fener Greek Orthodox Patriarch Dimitri Bartholomew, Armenian Patriarchate of Istanbul Archbishop Aram Ateşyan, and Chief Rabbi of the Turkish Jewish Community Ishak Haleva, said that as minority leaders they “felt the responsibility to inform the public with the truth.” (...) “As religious representatives of ancient communities with different religions and beliefs, which have been in this country for centuries, we hereby declare that we are practicing our religions in accordance with our traditions and are practicing our beliefs freely,” the statement read.
Turkey’s religious communities deny ‘oppression’ claims, say they are ‘freely’ practicing religions

Declaration of 18 non-Muslim communities.
Brunson should've stayed with reading the bible and not engage in politics and other stuff.

Djc9xqtVAAEvOAu.jpg:large

I'm sure Erdogan would never, ever put any pressure on religious leaders to manufacture a document like this, right? I'm sure they just came together at this critical time of their own accord, and all of the sudden.

Oh yeah, that must have been it....

A perfect example of why Turkey needs to be booted from NATO.

Forum List

Back