Have you considered what life will be like in post-democracy America?

Hey dumbass, between the two, only one has stated the desire to be a dictator and it wasn't Harris!

Hey shit for brains, between the two, only one admires autocrats and dictators around the world and its not Harris!

Hey numbnuts, between the two, only one kisses Putin's ass and it isn't Harris!
What does Harris do, exactly?

First, when I say “democracy “I mean in the loose sense that we talk about it here in the United States, where we have a representative republic. By “democracy “I mean that the people get to make the decisions that the constitution allows us to make by vote.

This principle took a big hit when the leaders and senior advisors of the Democratic Party decided to overthrow the elected president and elected nominee for a second term.

Some of us may think that Trump winning the general election is the hope for democracy. Maybe. But there are several possibilities.

One Trump could definitely lose. nearly any mainstream Republican could easily be Kamala Harris. But with the media being so hysterical over Trump, they will pull out all stops and there is no telling what they will come up with between now and November.

Trump could win and not be able to accomplish the deep cleaning of the executive branch that would need to happen in order for democracy to have a chance to take route again. Trump could win and simply not live long enough to accomplish that. Trump could win, deep, clean the executive branch, but still be defeated by political parties, willing to go around voters as the Democrats did this time and courts willing to allow them to do it.

So… think about what life will be like.I have some ideas, but I’d rather this thread be an open discussion of how we would live when political parties and not voters choose our leaders.

Because my guess is that if Trump is not able to bring about this return to democracy, the Republican party will quickly jump on board with making the choices themselves. After all their senior leader ship was never happy with the voters choosing Trump in the first place.

I’d like to hear from Sirius posters and learn what they think.
Trash peddler Trump, who tried to overthrow the lawful election that he had his ass beat down in, is going to fix things. Sure.

No, it will be another shitshow like his first term, only worse because he's a fucking sociopath out for revenge.

You think I am dumb. Don't make my friend
sealybobo get involved.

Trump constantly crossed the line and will do so again if he becomes president. And now the supremes ruled it’s ok. Very scary.

Trump said day 1, dictator.

Trump tried to steal an election.

Trump told Christian’s show up and you’ll never have to vote again.

Project 2025

Hey dumbass, between the two, only one has stated the desire to be a dictator and it wasn't Harris!

Hey shit for brains, between the two, only one admires autocrats and dictators around the world and its not Harris!

Hey numbnuts, between the two, only one kisses Putin's ass and it isn't Harris!
What more do they need than to hear trump tell a crowd I don’t care about you I just want your vote.

Trump gets up and rambles for 2 hours and sometimes the truth slips out

So… think about what life will be like.I have some ideas, but I’d rather this thread be an open discussion of how we would live when political parties and not voters choose our leaders.
The whole jist of citizens untied vs the fec was that big $$$ had taken over elections Seymour

~S~

The whole jist of citizens untied vs the fec was that big $$$ had taken over elections Seymour

~S~
Yes, but even with big $$$ taking over the elections, they still had some meaning. Pepsi might outspend Coke by a hundred million on advertising, but we could still go to the grocery store and chose Coke. Same with politicians.

Now, we learn that - at least at the primary level - the parties are free to take an overwhelming majority vote for one candidate as just a suggestion.

How long before they do the same with the general election, force the winner to drop out, and instruct the electors who to put in place instead?

What more do they need than to hear trump tell a crowd I don’t care about you I just want your vote.

I take it you believe that the candidates for whom you vote care very deeply about you?

First, when I say “democracy “I mean in the loose sense that we talk about it here in the United States, where we have a representative republic. By “democracy “I mean that the people get to make the decisions that the constitution allows us to make by vote.

This principle took a big hit when the leaders and senior advisors of the Democratic Party decided to overthrow the elected president and elected nominee for a second term.

Some of us may think that Trump winning the general election is the hope for democracy. Maybe. But there are several possibilities.

One Trump could definitely lose. nearly any mainstream Republican could easily be Kamala Harris. But with the media being so hysterical over Trump, they will pull out all stops and there is no telling what they will come up with between now and November.

Trump could win and not be able to accomplish the deep cleaning of the executive branch that would need to happen in order for democracy to have a chance to take route again. Trump could win and simply not live long enough to accomplish that. Trump could win, deep, clean the executive branch, but still be defeated by political parties, willing to go around voters as the Democrats did this time and courts willing to allow them to do it.

Because my guess is that if Trump is not able to bring about this return to democracy, the Republican party will quickly jump on board with making the choices themselves. After all their senior leader ship was never happy with the voters choosing Trump in the first place.

I’d like to hear from Sirius posters and learn what they think.

We do not presently live in a democracy. This has been post-democracy for quite a few years.

We live in a fascist oligarchy, not a democracy.

Anyone who supports Trump is a dumbass!

And the things you stated in your previous post was major stupid!
I supported Trump in the past. I actually supported another Republican nominee before the Republican primaries. Listen, as much as the normal right wingers hate Trump, they are forced to vote for him. But I probably won't vote either Democrat or Republican. Third party or writing a random wrestler's name, or hell voting independent is going to be for me. You don't know I am friends with a left wing user, sealybobo I despise being attacked, and unlike you, he doesn't harass me. Meanwhile you just insult my intelligence. I say again, I am an ex Trump supporter.

Last edited:

We are in agreement their!

Hey, not to get too far off topic, what are your thoughts on Caitlyn Clark? I just love her passing ability! She's like a female Magic!

I supported Trump in the past. I actually supported another Republican nominee before the Republican primaries. Listen, as much as the normal right wingers hate Trump, they are forced to vote for him. But I probably won't vote either Democrat or Republican. Third party or writing a random wrestler's name, or hell voting independent is going to be for me. You don't know I am friends with a left wing user, sealybobo I despise being attacked, and unlike you, he doesn't harass me. Meanwhile you just insult my intelligence. I say again, I am an ex Trump supporter.
Well, I appreciate your candor and I agree with you about sealy, he is a good guy and he knows his sports.

I apologize if I jumped to conclusions about you!

We are in agreement their!

Hey, not to get too far off topic, what are your thoughts on Caitlyn Clark? I just love her passing ability! She's like a female Magic!
Caitlyn has proved she’s worth the hype. She has elevated the sport. If she’s on and I’m aware of it, I watch her play.

Blacks get so mad when a white does what they usually do but the white gets all the flowers.

Or we adopt their slang thus ruining it

Their policies work better for people like me. Middle class people.

If it weren't for social wedge issues Republicans would have nothing to offer you.
I'm glad you know they don't care about you.

The inflation and open-borders policies are helping you, how?

Forum List

Back