Have you considered what life will be like in post-democracy America?

Public schools I assume?

What study materials do you use? What are your sources of information?

That is the time both parties went to shit, and have been getting worse ever since
I study the history of politics. Everyone in my family went to public schools. And the Republican Party is still good. Regan was a great leader.

I study the history of politics.

And what are your sources? Books? PodCast? New? Websites?

And the Republican Party is still good.

Nope, it is just as bad as the Dem Party

Regan was a great leader.

He was actually a leader, I will give you that. But adding 180% to the national debt is not something a great person does. Selling arms to our enemies is not something a great person does. Allowing, even helping, a drug lord dictator take power and keep power is not something a great person does.

And what are your sources? Books? PodCast? New? Websites?

Nope, it is just as bad as the Dem Party

He was actually a leader, I will give you that. But adding 180% to the national debt is not something a great person does. Selling arms to our enemies is not something a great person does. Allowing, even helping, a drug lord dictator take power and keep power is not something a great person does.
I don't have sources. I just read stuff that I find about the history of politics. Also the Republicans are keeping LGBT out of this nation. They protect the Freedom of Speech, they protect the 2nd amendment, they protect unborn babies from being murdered, they protect traditional values, and they protect Christianity from the liberals that want to tear Christianity down.

I don't have sources.

It shows. You just seem to make things up as you go.

I just read stuff that I find about the history of politics

Those are called sources...what have you read lately? I can offer some good books if you would like.

Also the Republicans are keeping LGBT out of this nation.

They have done a shit job of it, there are gay people all over the place. And I for one am glad to see it, being a free country and all.

First, when I say “democracy “I mean in the loose sense that we talk about it here in the United States, where we have a representative republic. By “democracy “I mean that the people get to make the decisions that the constitution allows us to make by vote.

This principle took a big hit when the leaders and senior advisors of the Democratic Party decided to overthrow the elected president and elected nominee for a second term.

Some of us may think that Trump winning the general election is the hope for democracy. Maybe. But there are several possibilities.

One Trump could definitely lose. nearly any mainstream Republican could easily be Kamala Harris. But with the media being so hysterical over Trump, they will pull out all stops and there is no telling what they will come up with between now and November.

Trump could win and not be able to accomplish the deep cleaning of the executive branch that would need to happen in order for democracy to have a chance to take route again. Trump could win and simply not live long enough to accomplish that. Trump could win, deep, clean the executive branch, but still be defeated by political parties, willing to go around voters as the Democrats did this time and courts willing to allow them to do it.

So… think about what life will be like.I have some ideas, but I’d rather this thread be an open discussion of how we would live when political parties and not voters choose our leaders.

Because my guess is that if Trump is not able to bring about this return to democracy, the Republican party will quickly jump on board with making the choices themselves. After all their senior leader ship was never happy with the voters choosing Trump in the first place.

I’d like to hear from Sirius posters and learn what they think.
Are you payed to spew this garbage? You are absolutely batshit crazy! Trump and Democracy is an oxy-moron.

Are you saying, a man who embraces autocratic and dictators, would ensure democracy in America?

Forum List

Back