Turning Conservatives Into Liberals

That's your pathetic explanation of what's good about it?
  1. You don't get laid because of syhpilis.
  2. The fact that you can kill it only means it could be worse
  3. Restricting sexual activities isn't viewed as a good thing by those whosee activity is bein restricted.
An actual "good thing" would be something like what happens when you contract cowpox. It confers an immunity to smallpox.

Not sure I get it, as I lean strong left, but I also avoid taking chances, for the most part. Like - I never tried acid because I was virtually positive I'd be That Kid who thought she could fly, off the roof, et voila, splat.

I don't know. I mean, I get that it's Yale and I guess there would be plenty of outliers, and apparently I'm one of 'em.

Or maybe I should drink more coffee, and attempt to read the OP article word-for-word.

I think certain events over a period of time changes one, for instance my boss is very conservative or so he thinks, he hasn't ever voted for a democrat, but the events over the past year and him being a very religious person (baptist non other but grew up Catholic) have greatly changed his way of thinking. Although he voted for Trump because he's always voted straight party line he cannot stand him and makes it known among the whole office which is 99% republican. He said he might even vote against our local congressman in November and our area hasn't had a dem for something like 30 years.

I came out of the military in 71 a strong republican and voted republican up until this last election and if it had not been Trump the people he has surrounded himself with and hateful rightwingers I may have never changed. I am registered no party affiliation but cannot ever see myself voting republican in the rest of my lifetime. People can change overtime.

It is possible (in my estimation) that if enough of your party bands together, they can drag the GOP back to right-of-center.

It's not my party anymore.

Social psychologists are full of something. And it's not "scientific method" or critical thinking. This is a prime example of conclusions and interpretations that don't match the actual experiment. OR the press releases interpreting the results.

But before they answered the survey questions, we had them engage in an intense imagination exercise. They were asked to close their eyes and richly imagine being visited by a genie who granted them a superpower. For half of our participants, this superpower was to be able to fly, under one’s own power. For the other half, it was to be completely physically safe, invulnerable to any harm.

Wow.. Thought suggestion.. How effective is that? How was the 1/2 selected from a very weighted group that was only 35% identified as Republican? So many questions -- so little information.

If they had just imagined being able to fly, their responses to the social attitude survey showed the usual clear difference between Republicans and Democrats — the former endorsed more conservative positions on social issues and were also more resistant to social change in general.

[Stanford researchers: The secret to overcoming the opioid crisis may lie partly in the mind]

But if they had instead just imagined being completely physically safe, the Republicans became significantly more liberal — their positions on social attitudes were much more like the Democratic respondents. And on the issue of social change in general, the Republicans’ attitudes were now indistinguishable from the Democrats. Imagining being completely safe from physical harm had done what no experiment had done before — it had turned conservatives into liberals.

Let's see, imaging to fly.. That's an everyday useful social super power indeed.:haha: But BEING SAFE from physical harm ---- now THERE is a key. Being safe isn't Genie work. There is a requirement to STRIVE and WORK on it and requires situational awareness and constant vigilance. And the ONLY scientific value of this test MIGHT be --- to prove how naive and over-trusting leftists are in OTHERS to protect their lives, their LIBERTY and safety. Or simply to prove -- their constant misplaced TRUST in government and predilection to give it MORE AND MORE power and size over their lives..

From my libertarian prospective, one of my most oft used phrases is --- I could be a LOT more Liberal if Govt actually WORKED. If the borders were under control. If the massive bureaucracy was motivated to perform with excellence. If politicians spent even a small fraction of their time PROBLEM solving -- instead of pandering and plotting to assume and retain their power. If our foreign policy was less repetitive of mistakes and entanglements. If corp/govt collusion wasn't a bigger threat..

Who's the group living in a "superpower fantasy world"? And let's get busier making EVERYONE "more liberal".. Shall we???

Last edited:
Yale did a study.

Yep. Yale. The liberal indoctrination center of the universe made some cons more liberal by.....wait for it.....giving them a safe space.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/amph...ults-say-a-lot-about-our-political-divisions/

More fun than a guy should be allowed to have.

Conservatives are already snowflakes. They go to their safe space to feel snug and secure from the big bad world.

View attachment 180765

There were armed guards at CPAC dumbass.
So not a gun free zone.
Sure would be nice if we protected our children as well as our politicians.

Come on we all sway back and forth on the pendulum at least a little, regardless it your your own decision unless you are weak minded and easily brain washed.
Come on we all sway back and forth on the pendulum at least a little
Because of those that swing back and forth, we ended up with 8 years of Obama and his bullshit policies. Thanks..
Nothing is all good or all bad, I am not falling into that. What people have forgot is that a country needs both cons and progs. The cons fight for old policies that still work anjd the progs fight to change policies that no longer work. in the end it is this compitition that makes us stronger even when it does not feel like it at the time. Do not tell any body but actually , I love you all!

What's good about syphilis?
What the fuck does that have to do with any thing. Ya think you can not get it because of political leaings. I think I still want my Trojan, I think it will be more effective in avoiding that disease than political leanings!

You said "Nothing is all good or all bad." If that's true, then there must be something good about syphilis. Tell us what it is or admit you are wrong.

Hemorrhoids have a bright side...they forced even to stop taking it up the butt.....j/k
Gods way of showing his disapproval.

Yale did a study.

Yep. Yale. The liberal indoctrination center of the universe made some cons more liberal by.....wait for it.....giving them a safe space.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/amph...ults-say-a-lot-about-our-political-divisions/

Conservatives are already snowflakes. They go to their safe space to feel snug and secure from the big bad world.

View attachment 180765

So not a gun free zone.

:laughing0301:

Yale did a study.

View attachment 180765

So not a gun free zone.

:laughing0301:

Seems you're more concerned with the safety of conservatives than our children.
Weird that.

Yale did a study.

View attachment 180765

So not a gun free zone.

Having armed guards means that it isn't a gun free zone?

Yale did a study.

View attachment 180765

So not a gun free zone.

Well yes actually. There are guards with guns to protect CPAC goers.
Unfortunately liberals wont allow that in our schools.

Interesting article. Could explain why younger folks tend to be more liberal because they think of themselves as invulnerable. Then when they have kids of their own they first see how fragile life really is and with that reality they become more conservative. I'd say us middle-of-the-roaders have struck a nice balance between senselessness and fear.

So conservatives have a survival instinct? Sounds downright like good evolution to me.

Mark

So conservatives have a survival instinct? Sounds downright like good evolution to me.

Mark

The main reason conservatives can't have a liberated mind.

View attachment 180771
Stupid.
The word Liberal doesn't really apply anymore.

Most Progressives aren't Liberal at all.
They're simply angry fascists who are offended by the country they live in.

Stupid.
The word Conservative doesn't really apply anymore.

Most Conservatives aren't restrained at all.
They're simply angry hypocrites who are offended by the country they live in.

Yale did a study.

View attachment 180765

So not a gun free zone.

You realize that most schools have armed LEO's on campus, right?

Parkland had one. Therefore it wasn't a gun free zone.

Yale did a study.

View attachment 180765

So not a gun free zone.

LOL ...those aren't armed guards they're pussies like you.

View attachment 180765

So not a gun free zone.

LOL ...those aren't armed guards they're pussies like you.

You.must be a tough guy.

The main reason conservatives can't have a liberated mind.

View attachment 180771
Stupid.
The word Liberal doesn't really apply anymore.

Most Progressives aren't Liberal at all.
They're simply angry fascists who are offended by the country they live in.

Stupid.
The word Conservative doesn't really apply anymore.

Most Conservatives aren't restrained at all.
They're simply angry hypocrites who are offended by the country they live in.
Not even clever.
We aren't offended by the country we live in.
We simply are offended by what you fuckers are doing to it.

Forum List

Back