Two Junk Guns and Two Mags....$22.00

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
I stopped by the gun shop this morning and the owner asked me to look in the junk drawer for a Mauser part.

I sat these two out to get them out of the way, found the rear K98 band I was looking for and was getting ready to stick the boxes back in when the owner asked if I wanted them.

I said not really (they were both in pieces) and he said I could have them for the call-in fee of $2.00.

I also found a couple of new Walther PPK mages in a greasy sack and I got both for $20.00. Sweet deal on those.
j 002 (2).JPG

Left:

The little derringer is a Colt Model 4 in .22 short made sometime between 1959-1963.
Pretty useless but a easy $150.00....I figure I'll get near $100.00 just for the box on eBay.

Right:

A Phoenix Arms HP22A in .22 LR with the optional 5" "target" barrel and 11-round mag.

After I got it put back together I thought OK, it's still a POS with a retarded number of safety features which makes for a equally retarded manual of arms till I read up on it some.....Lo and behold people like them and they are very dependable.

I thought BS so I ran it down to my range and it ate everything I fed it and had "minute of bunny head" accuracy at 12 yards......Tackle box gun!

If you lost your tackle box and you would worry a lot more about replacing your tackle because the HP22A (with extra barrel/mag) is worth about $150.00 on a good day. ;)

I stopped by the gun shop this morning and the owner asked me to look in the junk drawer for a Mauser part.

I sat these two out to get them out of the way, found the rear K98 band I was looking for and was getting ready to stick the boxes back in when the owner asked if I wanted them.

I said not really (they were both in pieces) and he said I could have them for the call-in fee of $2.00.

I also found a couple of new Walther PPK mages in a greasy sack and I got both for $20.00. Sweet deal on those.
View attachment 995298
Left:

The little derringer is a Colt Model 4 in .22 short made sometime between 1959-1963.
Pretty useless but a easy $150.00....I figure I'll get near $100.00 just for the box on eBay.

Right:

A Phoenix Arms HP22A in .22 LR with the optional 5" "target" barrel and 11-round mag.

After I got it put back together I thought OK, it's still a POS with a retarded number of safety features which makes for a equally retarded manual of arms till I read up on it some.....Lo and behold people like them and they are very dependable.

I thought BS so I ran it down to my range and it ate everything I fed it and had "minute of bunny head" accuracy at 12 yards......Tackle box gun!

If you lost your tackle box and you would worry a lot more about replacing your tackle because the HP22A (with extra barrel/mag) is worth about $150.00 on a good day. ;)
what does a minute of bunny head mean ?

Forum List

Back