CDZ Two options...the European model of self defense, and the American model of Self defensse.

In Britain and the rest of Europe, their citizens have no Right to protect themselves from violent attack...and the best tool for self defense, guns....has been taken away from most of them, in particular the low income groups.

In the U.S. in most places Americans can opt to use guns for at a minimum home defense, and in a vast majority of the country over 19.4 million Americans can legally carry guns for self defense.

In Britain, in particular.....rapes, brutal beatings, brutal knifings (that result in death or life changing injuries), robberies and murder, essentially have to be endured......and almost any attempt at self defense can land the actual victim in jail and prison.

In the U.S.......Americans can use their legal guns...which they do 1.1 million times a year, to stop rapes, brutal beatings, knifings, robberies and murder.

In our country we had 10,235 gun murders.....of those murders over 70-80% of the victims were criminals murdered by other criminals...they were not normal citizens. Of the rest of the victims, the vast majority are the friends, family and associates of the criminals hit by mistake as the actual criminal was the target.

Guns, again, are used in the U.S. 1.1 million times a year to save lives...from rape, robbery, beatings, knifings and murder.........over 170,000 lives saved by some research..........not to include the crimes stopped that also saved lives....

In the U.K.......victims of crime are majority innocent people......who are preyed upon by the British criminals...

Which model do you prefer?

We kill lots of people. They don't kill nearly as many. We should do what they are doing.
View attachment 496928
Demographics explain that, not guns. The whitest countries tend to have the lowest violent crime in general, as do countries like Japan and South Korea.

Take away the legal guns, and you'll still have plenty of knifings and gang violence here. And since most criminals already can get guns illegally, there will still be plenty of shootings.
Are Americans just inherently more violent and murderous than the rest of the world?

In Britain and the rest of Europe, their citizens have no Right to protect themselves from violent attack...and the best tool for self defense, guns....has been taken away from most of them, in particular the low income groups.

In the U.S. in most places Americans can opt to use guns for at a minimum home defense, and in a vast majority of the country over 19.4 million Americans can legally carry guns for self defense.

In Britain, in particular.....rapes, brutal beatings, brutal knifings (that result in death or life changing injuries), robberies and murder, essentially have to be endured......and almost any attempt at self defense can land the actual victim in jail and prison.

In the U.S.......Americans can use their legal guns...which they do 1.1 million times a year, to stop rapes, brutal beatings, knifings, robberies and murder.

In our country we had 10,235 gun murders.....of those murders over 70-80% of the victims were criminals murdered by other criminals...they were not normal citizens. Of the rest of the victims, the vast majority are the friends, family and associates of the criminals hit by mistake as the actual criminal was the target.

Guns, again, are used in the U.S. 1.1 million times a year to save lives...from rape, robbery, beatings, knifings and murder.........over 170,000 lives saved by some research..........not to include the crimes stopped that also saved lives....

In the U.K.......victims of crime are majority innocent people......who are preyed upon by the British criminals...

We kill lots of people. They don't kill nearly as many. We should do what they are doing.
View attachment 496928
They don't have the 1st or 2nd amendment plus they can't drive 2,000 miles plus in there borders
Do you think the 1st or 2nd amendment is the cause of our extremely high gun death rate? Do either of them cause so many gun deaths?

So you think Americans are just inherently violent people? You might think having so many guns might have something to do with that.
You must be replying to another post. This is what I wrote:

"London does not have a drug-gang industry fueled by Fatherless poor Black communities like the US does. Replicate our inner cities in London and their statistics would be in line with ours."

Are Americans just inherently more violent and murderous than the rest of the world?

There is a reason the Germans called us "Devils in Baggy Pants" during the Second World War ... :thup:

That's odd and quite disappointing. I grew up believing Americans were for the most part honest, and moral, with an innate sense of fairness who would not intentionally harm anyone without good reason. Now I find that you and others believe that instead of that, we are inherently violent, and fairness has never been a characteristic of the American people. Seems lying, cheating and selfishness is what you see as the norm. I guess that makes sense. It would take someone with such a low opinion of our country to go along with what the right wing has become.

View attachment 496928

Not the question...

The question is this....do you prefer the European model of self defense...not guns, and you are not allowed to fight back, as in Britain...or the American version.
Am I safer fighting back or not having to fight at all? I'll take the Euro model, thanks.

Yeah...violent crime is increasing across Europe in particular in countries that let in waves of 3rd world immigrants.......

You won't be the one choosing how safe you are, the criminals will be making that decision.

View attachment 496928

Not the question...

The question is this....do you prefer the European model of self defense...not guns, and you are not allowed to fight back, as in Britain...or the American version.
I prefer the model that works. If that means I can't live out my fantasies and pretend to be Dirty Harry, I can live with that. What they are doing works. They have lots fewer dead people. We should do what they are doing.

The model that works is the U.S. model...1.1 million Americans were not victims of rape, robbery, brutal beatings or murder......because they could use guns...

In Britain, you can be arrested if you hurt your attacker.......

And, of course, their criminals are becoming more violent and using guns more......why would you think their murder rates would stay the same or their crime rates as their welfare states have finally created too many fatherless homes, and their immigration policies have created more violent criminals?

They will be defenseless in the face of more and more violence.
The gun death rate in the US is nearly 100 times the gun death rate in England. We should be doing what they are doing.

The U.S. has the 32nd-highest rate of deaths from gun violence in the world: 3.96 deaths per 100,000 people in 2019. That was more than eight times as high as the rate in Canada, which had 0.47 deaths per 100,000 people — and nearly 100 times higher than in the United Kingdom, which had 0.04 deaths per 100,000.Mar 24, 2021

Our gun death rate is confined to criminals ...normal people who don't associate with criminals don't have to worry.....

Meanwhile, you didn't answer the question..

What does the woman do with the man who brutally beat her and pulled out two of her teeth with his fingers...? He gets out of British prison in 4 years......

So you think Americans are just inherently violent people? You might think having so many guns might have something to do with that.

"London does not have a drug-gang industry fueled by Fatherless poor Black communities like the US does. Replicate our inner cities in London and their statistics would be in line with ours."
You don't think London has drugs or gangs, or fatherless children? Really?

View attachment 496928

Not the question...

Am I safer fighting back or not having to fight at all? I'll take the Euro model, thanks.

Yeah...violent crime is increasing across Europe in particular in countries that let in waves of 3rd world immigrants.......

You won't be the one choosing how safe you are, the criminals will be making that decision.
At current rates, it will be a long time before England's violent crime rate is anywhere near what ours is.

I prefer the model that works. If that means I can't live out my fantasies and pretend to be Dirty Harry, I can live with that. What they are doing works. They have lots fewer dead people. We should do what they are doing.

Except their model doesn't work. Yes, their murder rates are far less, but they have much higher rates of violent crime than we do due to a largely defenseless population, so it's not working. You're trading one extreme for another. We do need to address our root causes of gun violence, but their model is not the answer either.

Furthermore, the fact you make hyperbolic Dirty Harry references shows you're not even a serious person to have a rational discussion with so your opinion is largely irrelevant.
No. Their violent crimes, such as Homicide, Rape, and Sexual assault are much lower. Robbery is essentially the same. Simple assault is higher, but one out of five measurements is hardly grounds for saying what they are doing doesn't work. I prefer more simple assaults that don't result in death over 5 times more murders. You don't? We should do what they are doing.

View attachment 497090

I see the mistake....they use the NCVS numbers.....and the British government has been hiding their real numbers for years now...

Inspections of 43 police forces in England and Wales detail how officers incorrectly cancelled reports of rape, sexual offences, violence and robbery.

And do you realize that assault that gives you life changing injuries is a bad thing...right? Like the woman who had two teeth pulled out by her boyfriend, who is going to be out of prison in 4 years.....

You don't think London has drugs or gangs, or fatherless children? Really?

They do, which is why their crime rates are going up and their gun crimes are going up too.........and the shooters and victims are younger and younger.

Their welfare states have reached the point where fatherless boys are turning to gangs in record numbers....and the violence is increasing....

Except their model doesn't work. Yes, their murder rates are far less, but they have much higher rates of violent crime than we do due to a largely defenseless population, so it's not working. You're trading one extreme for another. We do need to address our root causes of gun violence, but their model is not the answer either.

Furthermore, the fact you make hyperbolic Dirty Harry references shows you're not even a serious person to have a rational discussion with so your opinion is largely irrelevant.
No. Their violent crimes, such as Homicide, Rape, and Sexual assault are much lower. Robbery is essentially the same. Simple assault is higher, but one out of five measurements is hardly grounds for saying what they are doing doesn't work. I prefer more simple assaults that don't result in death over 5 times more murders. You don't? We should do what they are doing.

View attachment 497090

Did you get that from wikipedia? Really?

View attachment 497090

And then you have this...

For England and Wales, we added together three crime categories: "violence against the person, with injury," "most serious sexual crime," and "robbery." This produced a rate of 775 violent crimes per 100,000 people.

For the United States, we used the FBI’s four standard categories for violent crime that Bier cited. We came up with a rate of 383 violent crimes per 100,000 people.

View attachment 496928

Not the question...

At current rates, it will be a long time before England's violent crime rate is anywhere near what ours is.

Keep telling yourself that......

View attachment 496928

Not the question...

The model that works is the U.S. model...1.1 million Americans were not victims of rape, robbery, brutal beatings or murder......because they could use guns...

And, of course, their criminals are becoming more violent and using guns more......why would you think their murder rates would stay the same or their crime rates as their welfare states have finally created too many fatherless homes, and their immigration policies have created more violent criminals?

The gun death rate in the US is nearly 100 times the gun death rate in England. We should be doing what they are doing.

The U.S. has the 32nd-highest rate of deaths from gun violence in the world: 3.96 deaths per 100,000 people in 2019. That was more than eight times as high as the rate in Canada, which had 0.47 deaths per 100,000 people — and nearly 100 times higher than in the United Kingdom, which had 0.04 deaths per 100,000.Mar 24, 2021

Our gun death rate is confined to criminals ...normal people who don't associate with criminals don't have to worry.....

What does the woman do with the man who brutally beat her and pulled out two of her teeth with his fingers...? He gets out of British prison in 4 years......
If our gun death rates are confined to criminals, why are so many NRA gun nuts claiming they have to be armed 24/7 for self defense? Are all those NRA gun nuts criminals?

Not enough information to suggest what that woman should do. The first thing would probably be to not go back to him.

View attachment 496928
Demographics explain that, not guns. The whitest countries tend to have the lowest violent crime in general, as do countries like Japan and South Korea.

Take away the legal guns, and you'll still have plenty of knifings and gang violence here. And since most criminals already can get guns illegally, there will still be plenty of shootings.

No......we just have criminals who commit crimes, get caught, and then the democrat party politicians, judges and prosecutors let them go.......for now, Britain doesn't do that...but their left wing is trying hard to let their violent criminals go too...

Our violent crime is committed by a tiny, tiny number of people in our democrat party controlled cities...if they would stop releasing them, our crime rate in democrat party cities would be amazingly low...like the rest of America....

In places not controlled by the democrat party, our gun crime rates are as tiny or smaller than in Europe.

View attachment 496928

Not the question...

If our gun death rates are confined to criminals, why are so many NRA gun nuts claiming they have to be armed 24/7 for self defense? Are all those NRA gun nuts criminals?

Not enough information to suggest what that woman should do. The first thing would probably be to not go back to him.

Criminals can drive cars........they contain most of their crime and killing to democrat party areas, but they do know how to travel...

View attachment 496928

Not the question...

He brutally beat her and pulled out two of her teeth.....he was arrested and sent to prison for 4 years..

In 4 years he is going to get out.

Pretty much all you need to know. What should she do? Since the British police didn't stop the first beatings or the last one....simply arrested him after the fact.....what does she do "before the fact?"

There is a reason the Germans called us "Devils in Baggy Pants" during the Second World War ... :thup:

That's odd and quite disappointing. I grew up believing Americans were for the most part honest, and moral, with an innate sense of fairness who would not intentionally harm anyone without good reason. Now I find that you and others believe that instead of that, we are inherently violent, and fairness has never been a characteristic of the American people. Seems lying, cheating and selfishness is what you see as the norm. I guess that makes sense. It would take someone with such a low opinion of our country to go along with what the right wing has become.

That's not really why the Germans called us Devils in Baggy Pants ... Thanks for the editorial though.
With any luck, you may just be able to rewrite the history on that one.

View attachment 497090

I see the mistake....they use the NCVS numbers.....and the British government has been hiding their real numbers for years now...

Inspections of 43 police forces in England and Wales detail how officers incorrectly cancelled reports of rape, sexual offences, violence and robbery.

And do you realize that assault that gives you life changing injuries is a bad thing...right? Like the woman who had two teeth pulled out by her boyfriend, who is going to be out of prison in 4 years.....
Got it. The numbers don't say what you want, so you fall back on another conspiracy theory. The British government is hiding the real numbers!!!!!
Why am I not surprised?

Forum List

Back