🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Two thumbs up!

UPS has said for years that they can deliver first class mail for less than half what the post office charges.

UPS lies.

What a suprise!

A corporation would lie!

How would you know they're lying? I've already documented that the USPS could be, and has been, successfully competed against, so why couldn't UPS be the company that does so?

Because it wouldn't fit in with Chris's world view that all corporations are evil and all governments except that of the US when in the hands of Republicans good.

UPS has said for years that they can deliver first class mail for less than half what the post office charges.

UPS lies.

What a suprise!

A corporation would lie!

How would you know they're lying? I've already documented that the USPS could be, and has been, successfully competed against, so why couldn't UPS be the company that does so?

UPS already competes with USPS.

I use USPS. They are cheaper.

UPS lies.

What a suprise!

A corporation would lie!

I use USPS. They are cheaper.

They don't compete with them in the area of first class mail.

Also, they're $7 billion in the red this year so they only remain cheaper because the government subsidizes them.

USPS Priority Mail

The US Postal Service offers standard and priority shipping. Priority mail is usually a 2-3 day ground delivery anywhere in the continental US.

USPS Advantages

•Cost. Priority mail will almost always beat the price of UPS Ground Service.
•Free materials. The post office offers free boxes for Priority Mail customers.
•Confirmation #. This allows you to confirm delivery of your product. This is also free if you print your labels from the USPS web site: USPS - The United States Postal Service (U.S. Postal Service)
Disadvantages

•Insurance is expensive. Current rates show insurance on a $100 package at $3.75
•Confirmation number is not a tracking number. You cannot use the USPS confirmation number to track where your shipment is, only if it has been delivered or not.
UPS

UPS offers a wide range of delivery methods. Anything from a next-day air to three-day ground.

UPS Advantages

•Tracking numbers. UPS allows customers to find out exactly where the shipment is once it leaves your store.
•Insurance is cheap. UPS includes $100 of insurance into their price. After that the insurance is pennies on the dollar compared to USPS insurance.
•More Flexible. UPS offers a wide range of shipping options.
Disadvantages

•UPS is more expensive, around 40% more for light packages between 2 and 5 pounds. •

Shipping: US Postal vs. UPS - Ecommerce Help and Tutorials provided by Network Solutions

Does the right ever tell the truth about anything???

USPS Priority Mail

The US Postal Service offers standard and priority shipping. Priority mail is usually a 2-3 day ground delivery anywhere in the continental US.

USPS Advantages

•Confirmation #. This allows you to confirm delivery of your product. This is also free if you print your labels from the USPS web site: USPS - The United States Postal Service (U.S. Postal Service)
Disadvantages

•Insurance is expensive. Current rates show insurance on a $100 package at $3.75
•Confirmation number is not a tracking number. You cannot use the USPS confirmation number to track where your shipment is, only if it has been delivered or not.
UPS

UPS offers a wide range of delivery methods. Anything from a next-day air to three-day ground.

UPS Advantages

•Tracking numbers. UPS allows customers to find out exactly where the shipment is once it leaves your store.
•Insurance is cheap. UPS includes $100 of insurance into their price. After that the insurance is pennies on the dollar compared to USPS insurance.
Disadvantages

•UPS is more expensive, around 40% more for light packages between 2 and 5 pounds. •

Shipping: US Postal vs. UPS - Ecommerce Help and Tutorials provided by Network Solutions

Once again, the USPS is losing $7 billion this year. The only reason they can offer those prices is because the government subsidizes them. But since you don't think UPS can compete with them, what do you care if UPS tries? You should favor legalizing competition to prove that the USPS is really superior to private industry. Why not let UPS decide for itself if it can compete against the USPS?

Which would also imply that it is cheeper for packages above that weight and you are familiar with the notion that you get what you pay for aren't you?

Oh and not that you would realize it but the fact that 2-5 pound packages cost more would not imply that things of lesser weight or greater weight would cost more.

Oh and by the time you insure your 2-5 pound package with the post office most of your price advantage disappears.

Last edited:
USPS Priority Mail

USPS Advantages

Disadvantages

UPS

UPS Advantages

Disadvantages

Once again, the USPS is losing $7 billion this year. The only reason they can offer those prices is because the government subsidizes them. But since you don't think UPS can compete with them, what do you care if UPS tries? You should favor legalizing competition to prove that the USPS is really superior to private industry. Why not let UPS decide for itself if it can compete against the USPS?

You can call UPS and have them pick up a letter and deliver it. Likewise with Fed Ex.

USPS is cheaper because it is a nonprofit.

USPS Priority Mail

USPS Advantages

Disadvantages

UPS

UPS Advantages

Disadvantages

You can call UPS and have them pick up a letter and deliver it. Likewise with Fed Ex.

It does not compete with first class mail delivery. The USPS is not a nonprofit organization.

It does not compete with first class mail delivery. The USPS is not a nonprofit organization.

Oh really...

Where can I buy stock in it?

Oh really...

Where can I buy stock in it?

Is your local mom and pop store a nonprofit organization? Can you buy stock in it?

What chris doesn't know about business economics could and likely has filled several books it would be nice if he'd read one of them before he come in here propounding nonsense.

What chris doesn't know about business economics could and likely has filled several books it would be nice if he'd read one of them before he come in here propounding nonsense.

When right wing nuts are busted, they revert to personal insults.

I majored in business in college and made A's in economics.

Where can I buy stock in USPS?

How about addressing my post.

I call bullshit.

Nobody with those credentials could be as glaringly ignorant in those areas as you are.

Since you refuse to address my point, being that those companies that you cannot buy stock in are not necessarily non-profit organizations, it's obvious that when you are busted you simply flee the scene.

So, how many have gone to the movies and watched Capitalism: A Love Story?
How many have choosen not to because they've already decided "Capitalism" is God and the only thing wrong with our economy is government interference?
Government interference is bad, correct? What right does a government have to inspect meat, or concrete or steel. Let the buyer beware, isn't that what Republicans believe? Or, is it only conservatives who hold such ideals? Or (hopefully) only the fringe right wing - well represented on this message board?

Last edited:
How many have choosen not to because they've already decided "Capitalism" is God and the only thing wrong with our economy is government interference?
Government interference is bad, correct? What right does a government have to inspect meat, or concrete or steel. Let the buyer beware, isn't that what Republicans believe? Or, is it only conservatives who hold such ideals? Or (hopefully) only the fringe right wing - well represented on this message board?
I haven't seen nor do I intend on seeing it because seeing Michael Moore is nauseating to me. I don't pay to be nauseated.

I decided not to solely because I think Moore is a fawkin' idiot, nothing else.

Forum List

Back