Two weeks ago, Mike Pence made this defense of Donald Trump...

NYcarbineer

Diamond Member
Mar 10, 2009
"Mike Pence on Thursday [Sept. 22nd] dug up former President Bill Clinton’s affair with White House intern Monica Lewinsky as part of an effort to undermine Hillary Clinton’s “character” and fitness for the presidency.

“I’m old enough to remember back in the last Clinton administration where America really had a debate over whether character mattered to the presidency,” the Republican vice presidential candidate said in a speech at Living World Bible Church in Mesa, Arizona. “We don’t need to have that debate again. Character matters to the presidency and Donald Trump will bring the highest level of integrity to the highest office in the land. You can count on it.”"

Great timing, Governor. Your statements above were so ridiculous when you made them, BEFORE THE LATEST REVELATIONS,
that one might have thought they couldn't be made more ridiculous. Well, you proved that to be nonsense.

Mike Pence cites Bill Clinton’s sex scandal to make his adulterous boss look good: “Character matters to the presidency”

Be assured Gov. Pence has shown vastly poor judgment by signing on as Trump's running mate and defending Trump; Spence is spinning his words and focusing on the 2020 Presidential race.

Pence is no different than The Newt and the Rudy and the Christie - each seeking to be relevant come the 2020 election; more people will listen to Spence since he is the nominee of the R Party for VPOTUS and thus he must be cautious and not honest; in that way he hopes not to shot himself in the foot.

Be assured Gov. Pence has shown vastly poor judgment by signing on as Trump's running mate and defending Trump; Spence is spinning his words and focusing on the 2020 Presidential race.

Pence is no different than The Newt and the Rudy and the Christie - each seeking to be relevant come the 2020 election; more people will listen to Spence since he is the nominee of the R Party for VPOTUS and thus he must be cautious and not honest; in that way he hopes not to shot himself in the foot.
Do they honestly believe we won't remember they were a BIGLY part of the Drumpf train wreck?

"Mike Pence on Thursday [Sept. 22nd] dug up former President Bill Clinton’s affair with White House intern Monica Lewinsky as part of an effort to undermine Hillary Clinton’s “character” and fitness for the presidency.

“I’m old enough to remember back in the last Clinton administration where America really had a debate over whether character mattered to the presidency,” the Republican vice presidential candidate said in a speech at Living World Bible Church in Mesa, Arizona. “We don’t need to have that debate again. Character matters to the presidency and Donald Trump will bring the highest level of integrity to the highest office in the land. You can count on it.”"

Great timing, Governor. Your statements above were so ridiculous when you made them, BEFORE THE LATEST REVELATIONS,
that one might have thought they couldn't be made more ridiculous. Well, you proved that to be nonsense.

Mike Pence cites Bill Clinton’s sex scandal to make his adulterous boss look good: “Character matters to the presidency”

The only story that ever got legs was because Monica L. told Linda Tripp face-to-face that she was having an affair with Clinton. She was not a juvenile, but 22 year old and legally an adult and fully consensual of her sex with Bill. Why is that so hard for the right to...um...swallow?

Sure he shouldn't have lied about it. That was the big mistake. Previous presidents made good use of their power to have sex with other women besides their wives. They were just smart enough to have it with women who didn't kiss and tell.

The only story that ever got legs was because Monica L. told Linda Tripp face-to-face that she was having an affair with Clinton. She was not a juvenile, but 22 year old and legally an adult and fully consensual of her sex with Bill. Why is that so hard for the right to...um...swallow?

Sure he shouldn't have lied about it. That was the big mistake. Previous presidents made good use of their power to have sex with other women besides their wives. They were just smart enough to have it with women who didn't kiss and tell.

In every trial, criminal or civil, the plaintive and defendant (and their legal counsel) Evade questions, respond ambiguously or pretend they don't remember (hmmm...anyone old enough to Remember Ronald Reagan's responses to Iran-Contra?).

The Right Wing practice of hypocrisy is for them a traditional value!

When the latest video came out, Pence almost immediately played the Christian forgiveness card to let Trump off the hook.

The question Pence needs to answer is,

when did you forgive Clinton?

Sadly, after the Trump experience, even more dangerous people like Pence are going to look good, in comparison to Trump, in the future.

I thought Pence wanted to stay in politics but I guess he's ready to retire now. He couldn't still be with Trump if that wasn't his plan.

I thought Pence wanted to stay in politics but I guess he's ready to retire now. He couldn't still be with Trump if that wasn't his plan.

He's gotten fairly good reviews overall. Keep in mind he was all but eliminated from national political advancement with his homophobic debacle in Indiana.

He'll throw Trump overboard once the election is over and Trump has lost.

He's gotten fairly good reviews overall. Keep in mind he was all but eliminated from national political advancement with his homophobic debacle in Indiana.

He'll throw Trump overboard once the election is over and Trump has lost.
Even if he does it's too late now. Just another loser like Palin. One and done.

Forum List

Back