U of Oregon Students Debated Removing MLK Quote from Wall Because It Wasn’t Inclusive Enough

Theowl32

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 2013
It says nothing about discrimination based on gender identity! Student leaders at the University of Oregon considered removing a famous Martin Luther King Jr. quote from a wall on its student center on the grounds that it was just not inclusive enough — because it talked only about racial discrimination and not discrimination based on stuff like gender identity.

The quote has been displayed at the Erb Memorial Union (which is currently being renovated) since 1985. It’s probably something that you’ve heard before — “I have a dream that my four little children that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character. I have a dream . . .” — without even thinking that it might be problematic. But that’s because you’re just not as smart or culturally aware as these kids.

“Diversity is so much more than race,” sophomore Mia Ashley told the Daily Emerald, the school’s official student newspaper. “Obviously race still plays a big role,” she continued. “But there are people who identify differently in gender and all sorts of things like that.”

Read more at: U of Oregon Students Debated Removing MLK Quote from Wall Because It Wasn’t Inclusive Enough, by Katherine Timpf, National Review

King-character-quote.png

That is the quote these fucking morons want taken down......cause it is not gender neutral enough. Yes folks, every fucking assface piece of shit left wing fascist is this absurd.

Don't you love it when their absurdity backfires in their stupid politically correct patronizing racist faces?

Already a thread.....But I do laugh at folks that bitch about college students debating...

Already a thread.....But I do laugh at folks that bitch about college students debating...
We are bitching about college students debating? Well, congrats. You show yet again how stupid you and your types are.

Huh. You entirely sure we are not showing WHAT these pieces of shit are debating?

With all due disrespect, you are truly an idiot. Amusing, but a complete idiot.

This reflects the reality that there is no gay version of Martin Luther King. If there were, it would be a simple matter to put one of his quotes up beside MLK's. But because there is not, we have to destroy what is already there.

How many students debated it?

Do you agree with them? Asshole.

Proving yet again that that is the issue with all of you. What the fuck does that matter? Want to know where the bandwagon is?

Here is the reality about you fucking morons. You stand for nothing. You all follow the bandwagon. Your comment proves it. You have no opinion on the matter until you see "how many" are protesting.

You cannot even describe what you think. Why? Cause you have ZERO ability to think for yourself? You are a pawn. A fucking moron. A complete waste of time.

Proving yet again that that is the issue with all of you. What the fuck does that matter? Want to know where the bandwagon is?

Here is the reality about you fucking morons. You stand for nothing. You all follow the bandwagon. Your comment proves it. You have no opinion on the matter until you see "how many" are protesting.

You cannot even describe what you think. Why? Cause you have ZERO ability to think for yourself? You are a pawn. A fucking moron. A complete waste of time.

Nice meltdown. Go change your shorts.

Did you find out how many students were protesting in order to make a comment on whether or not you support the students or not?

Truth hurts. I know trust me.

When you find out what you truly are in this world, it is rather uncomfortable.

Did you find out how many students were protesting in order to make a comment on whether or not you support the students or not?

He is waiting for the talking points to come out.

Until then all he is concerned about is "how many students" protested. Which proves my point about all of them not being able to think for themselves. They are all losers. He proved it in this thread.

He of course is too stupid to see it.

I wanted to know if this was a real story. How many 'debated' this? Where was the debate held?

Until then all he is concerned about is "how many students" protested. Which proves my point about all of them not being able to think for themselves. They are all losers. He proved it in this thread.

He of course is too stupid to see it.
Most universities are too Orwellian for them to teach all points of view... The Conservative views are almost never taught/respected at the major ones.
Lol

I wanted to know if this was a real story. How many 'debated' this? Where was the debate held?

Look man, I know why it is that important to you. I know why you need to know "how many."

You still have not expressed your point of view cause you have none until you find out "how many."

You have no clue how brainwashed you are.

We are bitching about college students debating? Well, congrats. You show yet again how stupid you and your types are.

Huh. You entirely sure we are not showing WHAT these pieces of shit are debating?

With all due disrespect, you are truly an idiot. Amusing, but a complete idiot.

Conservatives fought against the MLK holiday every step of the way.

Forum List

Back