🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

U.S. court appeals rules you tube can censor conservative content

Kinda ironic. "Conservatives" not understanding the Constitution.

Or maybe just par for the course.
Naw, real conservatives understand that this was the correct ruling.

Real conservatives also understand that these social media corporations were given a free pass a number of legal jeopardies.

It will be interesting to see what the SCOTUS will do, though I don't think they'll take the case.

If this was the correct ruling why would they take the case?

It's the correct ruling. The First Amendment does not apply to the private sector. This has been explained repeatedly.

YouTube neligh rises to the level of a public utility. The Electric company and the Gas company where once privately operated entities that actually did discriminate until they were declared public utilities. A closer look at the role You Tube, Facebook and Twitter actually play in today's information society may change their status I'm guessing in the pretty near future.

Jo

It's the correct ruling. The First Amendment does not apply to the private sector. This has been explained repeatedly.

They open themselves up to lawsuits from any and everyone for any and everything. Some kid watches a You Tube video of some moron lighting his farts on fire and does the same and burns his nuts off, guess what? You Tube is responsible. Right now they are protected from that. This ruling means they will not be.

Nope- doesn't change any of that.

Welllllll, not technically. That's under the assumption that congress will eventually pull their protection under Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act, something more likely to happen after the next election. I'm not even sure it's not unconstitutional. Pretty sure government can step in if any private institution tries to restrict the free flow of information.

Yeah it's definitely the wrong ruling. I haven't looked at the decision yet but I'm guessing they are all liberal judges appointed by democratic presidents.

Jo

U.S. Court of Appeals rules YouTube can censor conservative content
(CP) – A three-judge panel of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit has unanimously ruled that YouTube can censor conservative content, as it is not compelled by the First Amendment to allow all viewpoints. The popular conservative YouTube channel PragerU filed a lawsuit against YouTube and Google, accusing the entities of wrongfully censoring their videos.

Don't worry Karma will take these pigs back out wake up your gonna be some sorry SOB's.lol

The lead judge is a Clinton Appointee.

Says it all.

Jo

Forum List

Back