U.S. directs agents to cover up program used to investigate Americans

Contumacious

Radical Freedom
Aug 16, 2009
U.S. directs agents to cover up [The NSA] program used to investigate Americans

"I have never heard of anything like this at all," said Nancy Gertner, a Harvard Law School professor who served as a federal judge from 1994 to 2011.

The undated documents show that federal agents are trained to "recreate" the investigative trail to effectively cover up where the information originated, a practice that some experts say violates a defendant's Constitutional right to a fair trial. If defendants don't know how an investigation began, they cannot know to ask to review potential sources of exculpatory evidence - information that could reveal entrapment, mistakes or biased witnesses."

The USA sucks, I'm glad I left the police state.

Suck they do.

"WASHINGTON (Reuters) - A secretive U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration unit is funneling information from intelligence intercepts, wiretaps, informants and a massive database of telephone records to authorities across the nation to help them launch criminal investigations of Americans."

"I have never heard of anything like this at all," said Nancy Gertner, a Harvard Law School professor who served as a federal judge from 1994 to 2011.

The undated documents show that federal agents are trained to "recreate" the investigative trail to effectively cover up where the information originated, a practice that some experts say violates a defendant's Constitutional right to a fair trial. If defendants don't know how an investigation began, they cannot know to ask to review potential sources of exculpatory evidence - information that could reveal entrapment, mistakes or biased witnesses."

The unit of the DEA that distributes the information is called the Special Operations Division, or SOD. Two dozen partner agencies comprise the unit, including the FBI, CIA, NSA, Internal Revenue Service and the Department of Homeland Security. It was created in 1994 to combat Latin American drug cartels and has grown from several dozen employees to several hundred.

A spokesman with the Department of Justice, which oversees the DEA, declined to comment"

OP, I am relieved by your efforts but you and I both know in general, Americans aren't concerned about this nor will they ever be.

We have a failed people's. I don't blame the government, they recognize the weaknesses of the American people and continue to take advantage of those weaknesses.

Lucky for Obama he is a Democrat, this kind of stuff gets a Republican admin thrown out of office.

OP, I am relieved by your efforts but you and I both know in general, Americans aren't concerned about this nor will they ever be.

We have a failed people's. I don't blame the government, they recognize the weaknesses of the American people and continue to take advantage of those weaknesses.

Every politically controlled educational system will inculcate the doctrine of state supremacy sooner or later. . . . Once that doctrine has been accepted, it becomes an almost superhuman task to break the stranglehold of the political power over the life of the citizen. It has had his body, property and mind in its clutches from infancy. An octopus would sooner release its prey. A tax-supported, compulsory educational system is the complete model of the totalitarian state.

–Isabel Paterson, The God of the Machine (1943)

U.S. directs agents to cover up program used to investigate Americans

Forum List

Back