UFOs: I want to go on record right now.

Ever heard of Voyager 1 and 2? Any chance aliens couldn't send out probes?
They could but there are two problems with that. Voyager wasn't aimed at a planet. Also, Voyager couldn't act in the way UFOs are reported to act.

The odds of a distant civilization sending out a probe that would just happen to find our planet is as astronomically unlikely as me hitting every state lottery at the same time.

I wasn't talking about the moon, neither did I mention "crashed due to atmospheric issues" - also there is no proof whatsoever that "possible real UFO's" would be manned.

But you replied directly to my post that was talking about atmospheric pressures. Also, I know you didn't mention the moon, I did. that's why I said "For instance".

There are numerous unmanned earthly objects that have been send to Mars - and went incommunicado, due to technical issues, before and during arrival.

yes, but we don't have the technology to break the laws of physics. You cannot compare our ability to rocket propel an object to Mars to another civilization's ability to go faster than light.
And again - even if, some alien species would be able to visit us during their weekend holidays - we very likely wouldn't be able to recognize them or their "transport devices".
Just as a Peking man simply wouldn't know as to what a wrist watch or a Cessna 172 is, or is about.

You're probably right but as pointed out, that's irrelevant.

They could but there are two problems with that. Voyager wasn't aimed at a planet. Also, Voyager couldn't act in the way UFOs are reported to act.

The odds of a distant civilization sending out a probe that would just happen to find our planet is as astronomically unlikely as me hitting every state lottery at the same time.
Hmmmm... But what if the Aliens had better telescopes and AIMED their probes at likely Stars?

Voyager is just coasting. A Constant boost ship could reach 3/4 light speed in about 6 months. Take about 8 years to reach Alpha Centauri.
Your probe would fly past the aliens at 3/4 the speed of light.

I also would like to know a bit more about the design of this probe. At 0.75 the speed of light, its mass will have increased by about 50%.

Last edited:
I have a different take- these are not interplanetary alien travelers, they are intra-dimensional beings.
What they call aliens from another planet, I call demons from the spiritual dimension.
Vehicles could be just that or merely apparitional projections to further the grey men delusion.
They will be making contact, if they haven't already, because our time is short & govts across the world have always turned to evil before collapsing
Feel free to rip but what if I'm right?
Even back in the 8o's maybe earlier, uFOLogists knew that these were not extraterrestrials but interdimensionals. And one of the important things that have been forgotten today is that these 'beings', these 'space Brothers' were communicating with their human victims. What they were doing was to downgrade Christ and make Lucifer the protector of mankind. See Whitley Strieber. INDEED many ufologists came to the conclusion that no Christians(actual ones) were being abducted and propagandized. It was teh new age types, the atheists, the agnostics and those who professed anything BUT Christianity. There was a Group of Ufologists Jacques Vallee being one of them...remember CE4K? that more of less kept their mouths shut about their opinions for fear of being what we call today...cancelled.

Oddly enough...we don't hear about these abductions today...nor do people come forward with their conversations with these interdimensional beings.

wiki said:
Strieber contends that he was abducted from his cabin in upstate New York on the evening of December 26, 1985, by non-human beings. He wrote about this experience and related experiences in Communion (1987), his first non-fiction book. Although the book is perceived generally as an account of alien abduction, Strieber draws no conclusions about the identity of the alleged abductors. He refers to the beings as "the visitors", a name chosen to be as neutral as possible to entertain the possibility that they are not extraterrestrials. Neurologist Steven Novella remarks that the details of Whitley's tale of waking up seemingly paralyzed fits the description of hypnagogia, a fairly common neurological phenomenon that has been mistaken by some for an intervention by demons or aliens.

see what he did there? visitors.

Hmmmm... But what if the Aliens had better telescopes and AIMED their probes at likely Stars?
They would still be observing light that traveled from here to them, taking many millions and perhaps billions of years to get there.

Scientists say that a great many of the stars we see in the sky are likely already burned out. it just takes too many years for the light to reach us, We don't see it yet.

Even back in the 8o's maybe earlier, uFOLogists knew that these were not extraterrestrials but interdimensionals. And one of the important things that have been forgotten today is that these 'beings', these 'space Brothers' were communicating with their human victims. What they were doing was to downgrade Christ and make Lucifer the protector of mankind. See Whitley Strieber. INDEED many ufologists came to the conclusion that no Christians(actual ones) were being abducted and propagandized. It was teh new age types, the atheists, the agnostics and those who professed anything BUT Christianity. There was a Group of Ufologists Jacques Vallee being one of them...remember CE4K? that more of less kept their mouths shut about their opinions for fear of being what we call today...cancelled.

Oddly enough...we don't hear about these abductions today...nor do people come forward with their conversations with these interdimensional beings.

see what he did there? visitors.

Hmmmm... I don't know enough about the theory that there are other dimensions, so I can't comment on them. I however, remain very skeptical.

Don’t know what gravity you are referring to but I seriously doubt slingshotting could increase velocity over 10,000 times. Keep in mind that the amount of energy required to propel a vehicle near the speed of light would approach infinity.

yes, but we don't have the technology to break the laws of physics. You cannot compare our ability to rocket propel an object to Mars to another civilization's ability to go faster than light.
That is irrelevant and besides the point I am trying to make.

I am merely stating that objects of such an advanced "Alien" species wouldn't be visible aka interpretable to us as being an e.g. flying object.
If you don't get the wristwatch example take a weather-balloon with cameras.

A Peking man couldn't even describe something as being a balloon, since they wouldn't even have a word or understanding for a ball or the moon, an object they might actually see - maybe their eyesight didn't even allow them to see the moon. Neither would they know that there are cameras and microphones attached to that balloon drifting at 25km above them, that is recording/observing them.

Therefore would they even be able to see, respectively notice such a balloon aka object at 25 km height? Very likely not - therefore they wouldn't even be aware that there is something/someone watching them in the first place.

Maybe we might detect an unexplainable anomaly in our atmosphere - but we wouldn't get to see some flying saucer - blinking around in fancy colors and suddenly accelerating at phenomenal speeds. (aka those usual reported UFO sighting descriptions).

That is irrelevant and besides the point I am trying to make.

I am merely stating that objects of such an advanced "Alien" species wouldn't be visible aka interpretable to us as being an e.g. flying object.
If you don't get the wristwatch example take a weather-balloon with cameras.

A Peking man couldn't even describe something as being a balloon, since they wouldn't even have a word or understanding for a ball or the moon, an object they might actually see - maybe their eyesight didn't even allow them to see the moon. Neither would they know that there are cameras and microphones attached to that balloon drifting at 25km above them, that is recording/observing them.

Therefore would they even be able to see, respectively notice such a balloon aka object at 25 km height? Very likely not - therefore they wouldn't even be aware that there is something/someone watching them in the first place.

Maybe we might detect an unexplainable anomaly in our atmosphere - but we wouldn't get to see some flying saucer - blinking around in fancy colors and suddenly accelerating at phenomenal speeds. (aka those usual reported UFO sighting descriptions).

You responded to my post with this point, therefor I assumed, as normal people would, that it was a response to my point, instead of a completely different point. Again, the fact that we don't understand the technology, is irrelevant to my point.

I agree completely that it's likely that we wouldn't recognize or understand the technology that they would have to have to travel those great distances. You'll get no argument from me on that.

Hmmmm... I don't know enough about the theory that there are other dimensions, so I can't comment on them. I however, remain very skeptical.
all that ufology stuff was a big thing in the day. it isn't getting quite the coverage it did then. I don't know why.

They would still be observing light that traveled from here to them, taking many millions and perhaps billions of years to get there.

Scientists say that a great many of the stars we see in the sky are likely already burned out. it just takes too many years for the light to reach us, We don't see it yet.
Alpha Centauri? Tau Ceti?

all that ufology stuff was a big thing in the day. it isn't getting quite the coverage it did then. I don't know why.
UFO mania was born out of cold war hysteria. There were two major factors. First people didn't know much about Space in 50s and 60s and much of what they believed about space came from the herd of sci-fiction movies, short stories, and books. The reality of space and time was not common knowledge.

The fear of the A-Bomb, the Hydrogen Bomb, the Neutron Bomb had the public looking at the sky, not in wonder but in fear. It was a perfect time for the UFO scares. However, after 60 or 70 years of UFOs, with no landings on Whitehouse lawn or Farmer John's pea patch, the general public simply lost interest.

Despite the recent sightings, and despite the fact that Congress will gather to discuss UFOs, I will state right now that we are NOT being visited by alien spacecraft or alien beings. Are there UFOs? Have people reported seeing UFOs? Yes.

A UFO, remember, is any flying craft that you cannot identify. So yeah, there are UFOs. They haven't been identified but that does not mean they are from some alien civilization. An airplane flying overhead would be an unidentified flying object to some isolated tribe of humans who have never had contact with the outside world. Eventually we will identify what people report seeing now, unless of course they are lying.

We know that the laws of physics exist throughout the universe. Examinations of the furthest galaxies can be examined and have shown to be following the same laws of physics. thus, we can reasonably assume that, just as here, nothing can exceed the speed of light. If you are going to come at me with "worm holes", know that they guy who came up with the theory, Stephen Hawking, changed his mind on them before his death.

The distances are too great, and the number of possible sentient beings is too small.

It hasn't happened we haven't been visited, and it likely never will.
I'm not much of a believer in visiting aliens, other than those streaming over our southern border, however, let's take a what if scenario.
Alien civilization(s) send probes to our planet or they themselves do a flyby. What is our government's response? Shoot unknown flying objects down.
When the scientific community sent the Voyager probes out into the universe, they made it a point to put a gold record on each which depicted images of humans various languages AND directions as to where we could be found in this solar system.
On the one hand we have the scientific community sending out invitations and on the other our government shoots down any possible visitors. It seems a bit diabolical and anti-social to me.

I'm not much of a believer in visiting aliens, other than those streaming over our southern border, however, let's take a what if scenario.
Alien civilization(s) send probes to our planet or they themselves do a flyby. What is our government's response? Shoot unknown flying objects down.
When the scientific community sent the Voyager probes out into the universe, they made it a point to put a gold record on each which depicted images of humans various languages AND directions as to where we could be found in this solar system.
On the one hand we have the scientific community sending out invitations and on the other our government shoots down any possible visitors. It seems a bit diabolical and anti-social to me.
There are 3 questions that should be answered in any intelligent discussion of alien visitation.

How would they surmount the problem of distance?

From what we know of the laws of physics, traveling the speed of light would be impossible. The energy required would become infinite as they reached that speed. Even a ship built to go a million mph, would take 671 years to cover just 1 light year and the closest planet that might support intelligent life is 4 light years away. The distance across just our galaxy is 100,000 light years. The vast distance between the stars makes a strong argument against a alien visitation.

When would a visit occur?

The time of man on earth is only a blink of the eye in the billions of years in the life of the universe. Assuming an intelligent species overcomes the problem of the distance of travel to the earth, the chance that they just might happen to visit us during the instant in time that intelligent life existed and was intelligent enough to recognize them for what they were is astronomically small.

Lastly, why would a civilization so advanced to have overcome the distance and time factor of space travel want to visit such a backward civilization as exists on Earth.

Yes, alien coming to earth make great fiction but not facts.

There are 3 questions that should be answered in any intelligent discussion of alien visitation.

How would they surmount the problem of distance?

From what we know of the laws of physics, traveling the speed of light would be impossible. The energy required would become infinite as they reached that speed. Even a ship built to go a million mph, would take 671 years to cover just 1 light year and the closest planet that might support intelligent life is 4 light years away. The distance across just our galaxy is 100,000 light years. The vast distance between the stars makes a strong argument against a alien visitation.

When would a visit occur?

The time of man on earth is only a blink of the eye in the billions of years in the life of the universe. Assuming an intelligent species overcomes the problem of the distance of travel to the earth, the chance that they just might happen to visit us during the instant in time that intelligent life existed and was intelligent enough to recognize them for what they were is astronomically small.

Lastly, why would a civilization so advanced to have overcome the distance and time factor of space travel want to visit such a backward civilization as exists on Earth.

Yes, alien coming to earth make great fiction but not facts.
Comments like yours always rest on the assumptions of our most cherished beliefs which actually are only best theories for this moment . Therefore the “Travel Time “ query is inconsequential — maybe they can bend space , create , control and use worm holes etc etc . But Who Cares , because we certainly will have no idea until we are given such info . You then forget that many otherwise sane investigators believe there is abundant evidence that we have been visited several times already . And lastly , just because we do not know why they might wish to visit us , that is irrelevant to what their unknown wishes may , or , may not be . It could even be that “they “ lived here a long time before we evolved or were created . That in itself could be reason to return —- a home visit , etc etc Less Cognitive Rigidity perhaps , and less impatience . Imho

The distances are too great, and the number of possible sentient beings is too small.
It hasn't happened we haven't been visited, and it likely never will.

1679_BananoRub.gif

Keep telling yourself that flyboy, I know for a fact they are real and I've seen them myself.

The distances are only too great for chemical rockets and conventional linear space flight as we know it.

Forum List

Back