Ukraine Sinks New 500 Million Russian Warship Makarov

Cool.

When Russia drops a nuke on them, will you still be cheering?
Russia says it was an internal fire that got out of hand and that their sailors were evacuated successfully. Why would they nuke somebody over it? If this is what Putin said, and even trump has said, they should be believed, as have no reason to lie, what's your big deal? Are you declaring Russia to be brazen liars in their own self image interests? Gee, when did they change?

I don't believe a single word that comes out of the lying U.S. media or the Ukrainian propaganda spin machine.
So, you agree with Russia. It sank due to good old fashion Russian incompetence. OK, if you say so. It looked like a nice ship, but it is on the bottom now, even by Russian reporting, you prefer.

RT is usually the first to get the news but so far there's nothing there on this incident. If this is an actual sinking, it's going to mean an escalation that will stand out from the agreed upon rules of the war.

We can only speculate on whether Russia will hit western Ukraine with a tactical nuclear weapon.

Mearsheimer speculated yesterday on the possibility of this causing the US to use nuclear weapons against Russia? He doesn't think so.

His opponent on MSNBC thought that America would but she stopped short of saying whether or not Russia would respond in kind.

It may be interesting to hear the opinions of others on this board as we wait for this to develop?

Russia says it was an internal fire that got out of hand and that their sailors were evacuated successfully. Why would they nuke somebody over it? If this is what Putin said, and even trump has said, they should be believed, as have no reason to lie, what's your big deal? Are you declaring Russia to be brazen liars in their own self image interests? Gee, when did they change?
While we're waiting: The military mind dictates that MAD is not inevitable. Would you agree?

Will both sides be getting their nuclear assets in place and at the highest state of readiness? Regardless of the seriousness of the incident?

It's still early but I find it ominous that Russia isn't announcing this incident.

IMO there should be no doubt that the US has had the capability to sink another Russian ship, but has maintained the rules on this 'Sitzkreig' like situation.

And of course Russia has the ability to respond in kind, or in some similar kind. Do you think Russia's response will be nuclear or will it be with conventional weapons on a Nato member?

If its a fire and abandoned....well their damage control sucks.
It could be an indication that no damage control is possible for this event or any other similar event.
The question hasn't been tested other than with this one or perhaps the Moskva.

It might be interesting to explore the question on whether or not Russia has similar missile capabilities or even superior capabilities.

It could be an indication that no damage control is possible for this event or any other similar event.
The question hasn't been tested other than with this one or perhaps the Moskva.

It might be interesting to explore the question on whether or not Russia has similar missile capabilities or even superior capabilities.
Fires can be contained unless secondary exolosions occur. Training makes all the difference in the world.

What training do you have to question me?

Fires can be contained unless secondary exolosions occur. Training makes all the difference in the world.

What training do you have to question me?
Do you have a stomach for the discussion or not?

So far it appears that most don't.

If this is indeed a sinking by missile technology and it couldn't be defended against, then is this an indication that no country is going to be capable of defending their ships?

in any case, Mearsheimer speculated yesterday on the coming events of the war. He is of the opinion that Russia will turn to the use of tactical nuclear weapons on western Ukraine if pushed past a certain point.

This incident could prove to be that point.

The point is, IMO the US has always had the capability to sink a Russian ship with impunity.

And vice versa, Russia has always had the capability to flatten Kiev in less than a week with conventional weapons.

Do you have a stomach for the discussion or not?

So far it appears that most don't.

If this is indeed a sinking by missile technology and it couldn't be defended against, then is this an indication that no country is going to be capable of defending their ships?

in any case, Mearsheimer speculated yesterday on the coming events of the war. He is of the opinion that Russia will turn to the use of tactical nuclear weapons on western Ukraine if pushed past a certain point.

This incident could prove to be that point.

The point is, IMO the US has always had the capability to sink a Russian ship with impunity.

And vice versa, Russia has always had the capability to flatten Kiev in less than a week with conventional weapons.
We have no confirmstion it was a mussile hit.

You were being s smart ass in damage control and I called you on it.

So what are your qualifications to question a veteran of the Navy on damage control?

You were being s smart ass in damage control and I called you on it.
No, you misinterpreted my meaning when I said that. I was speculating on the possibility that no country has the ability to defend it's ships from a missile or missiles strike. The question has yet to be answered.
So what are your qualifications to question a veteran of the Navy on damage control?

I have none on that particular question.

I'll also speculate on the question of whether Russia as equal or greater capability on damage control and equal or greater capability with anti-ship missile technology.

Those questions in the interest of hearing somebody who is qualified to answer? Unfortunately, my opinion is that nobody is yet qualified to answer.

We'll just have to rely on the necessity of a military mindset that even suggests that MAD isn't inevitable. The same applies for missile technology of a perceived enemy.

Good possibility for a discussion that might bring in some others!

Forum List

Back