Ukraine Sinks New 500 Million Russian Warship Makarov

No, you misinterpreted my meaning when I said that. I was speculating on the possibility that no country has the ability to defend it's ships from a missile or missiles strike. The question has yet to be answered.

I have none on that particular question.

I'll also speculate on the question of whether Russia as equal or greater capability on damage control and equal or greater capability with anti-ship missile technology.

Those questions in the interest of hearing somebody who is qualified to answer? Unfortunately, my opinion is that nobody is yet qualified to answer.

We'll just have to rely on the necessity of a military mindset that even suggests that MAD isn't inevitable. The same applies for missile technology of a perceived enemy.

Good possibility for a discussion that might bring in some others!
I was talking damage control after the point of Russia claiming it was a fire.

In regards to qualified on damage control. It sure isnt you.

Russia says it was an internal fire that got out of hand and that their sailors were evacuated successfully. Why would they nuke somebody over it? If this is what Putin said, and even trump has said, they should be believed, as have no reason to lie, what's your big deal? Are you declaring Russia to be brazen liars in their own self image interests? Gee, when did they change?
Then why is the title of this thread “Ukraine sinks new $500 million Russian ship”?

Then why is the title of this thread “Ukraine sinks new $500 million Russian ship”?
Probably because Wiki says so...

The Admiral Grigorovich class, also referred to as Krivak IV class, Russian designation Project 11356R/М, is a class of frigates built by the Yantar Shipyard in Kaliningrad for the Russian Navy and Indian Navy, with a cost of $450-500 million. Based on the Talwar class, six ships were ordered for the Russian Black Sea Fleet under two contracts in 2010 and 2011 as a complement to the Admiral Gorshkov-class frigates.[5]

Oh, I'm not the OP. I was responding to the guy worried about the nukes, in regards to the sinking, but of course Russia would not do that, as they say it sunk because of a fire on board. Russia has a history of losing boats and subs in the past due to mechanics, maintenance, fires, etc, and haven't nuked anybody over it yet. A Poorly trained military has its own rewards. If they can live with it, I can, with ease. If they say sunk by fire on board, I'll go along with them for a change.;)

Five Hundred Million? WTF was it a frigates dinghy? That seems like a bargain basement price.

No one spends more money on hardware then we do. A US frigate could cost 1 billion. But US frigates aren't sunk from a simple missle strike so you have to take that into account. Not to mention there could very well have been a 500 million dollars worth of missles on board. Suddenly it's not so much a bargain anymore.

No one spends more money on hardware then we do. A US frigate could cost 1 billion. But US frigates aren't sunk from a simple missle strike so you have to take that into account. Not to mention there could very well have been a 500 million dollars worth of missles on board. Suddenly it's not so much a bargain anymore.
Anything that floats can be sunk. Even a 500 pound bomb can sink a ship if it hits the right place. We have had ships survive multiple hits.......we have the best damage control in the world..........But it doesn't mean a single hit can not kill a ship.

Rocket Fuel...........Ammunition........Gas for the Gas Turbines........will send a ship to the bottom if the secondaries go off.

Awesome. Let's see that link.
He did tell the troops in Poland they would "see for themselves when they get there". Talking about the Ukraine. It was the usual Biden babble, the WH walked it back immediately.

I'm starting to believe the Frigate is sitting on the seafloor.

Pentagon denial: Hello? We have RC-135 and Global Hawk doing continuous orbits in the Black Sea, we must know the location of every Russian ship. If not, I want my money back.

Kirby also played dumb about the Moskva. I think the higher-ups are pissed about the NYT leak and are doing the Sargent Shultz routine.

Ukraine has not made any false reports of hitting Russian ships that I'm aware of. It's a pretty easy thing to debunk, not like a tank where there are zillions of them.

There are 3 Frigates of that class. One (Admiral Essen or Makarov) is at the dock in Sevastopol. One (Admiral Grigorovich) is based in Tartus, and was reported 25mi off the coast of Crete in mid-April. No warships have passed through the Bosphorus and Dardanelles since Turkey closed the straits in February.

Shipwatchers have scoured the OSINT sources for the third one, and so far is nowhere to be seen. Also, a rescue tug that was about 25 miles from Sevastopol suddenly switched off it's AIS right after the strike was supposed to have happened.
Admiral Makarov is fine.
Your link doesn't work. Please post the pics.

Awesome. Let's see that link.
This one may count:
Post #608
He did tell the troops in Poland they would "see for themselves when they get there". Talking about the Ukraine. It was the usual Biden babble, the WH walked it back immediately.

I'm starting to believe the Frigate is sitting on the seafloor.

Pentagon denial: Hello? We have RC-135 and Global Hawk doing continuous orbits in the Black Sea, we must know the location of every Russian ship. If not, I want my money back.

Kirby also played dumb about the Moskva. I think the higher-ups are pissed about the NYT leak and are doing the Sargent Shultz routine.

Ukraine has not made any false reports of hitting Russian ships that I'm aware of. It's a pretty easy thing to debunk, not like a tank where there are zillions of them.

There are 3 Frigates of that class. One (Admiral Essen or Makarov) is at the dock in Sevastopol. One (Admiral Grigorovich) is based in Tartus, and was reported 25mi off the coast of Crete in mid-April. No warships have passed through the Bosphorus and Dardanelles since Turkey closed the straits in February.

Shipwatchers have scoured the OSINT sources for the third one, and so far is nowhere to be seen. Also, a rescue tug that was about 25 miles from Sevastopol suddenly switched off it's AIS right after the strike was supposed to have happened.

Your link doesn't work. Please post the pics.

My point was if this is an example of "superior Russian technology," I'm not impressed.

My point was if this is an example of "superior Russian technology," I'm not impressed.
Pay close attention....this is what is going to start happening to American Ships in the Taiwan straights I'm afraid. Ships are a huge target and have been made nearly obsolete nowadays by improved missile technologies. No ship no matter how well constructed or protected is any longer a match for this.
We are entering a new era of warfare. The Littoral vessels are far more suited for this than the old, Hulking Steel giants. They are just too easy to hit.

JO

Forum List

Back