Ukrainian soldiers have a message for their President

Clear propaganda you moron. Probably the P.O.W.s from the steel plant.
Actually, that is pretty much echoing what western media have said. :sigh2:

Ukrainian volunteer fighters in the east feel abandoned​

" . . . Ukrainian forces have succeeded in thwarting Russian efforts to seize Kyiv and Kharkiv and have scored battlefield victories in the east. But the experience of Lapko and his group of volunteers offers a rare and more realistic portrait of the conflict and Ukraine’s struggle to halt the Russian advance in parts of Donbas. Ukraine, like Russia, has provided scant information about deaths, injuries or losses of military equipment. But after three months of war, this company of 120 men is down to 54 because of deaths, injuries and desertions.

The volunteers were civilians before Russia invaded on Feb. 24, and they never expected to be dispatched to one of the most dangerous front lines in eastern Ukraine. They quickly found themselves in the crosshairs of war, feeling abandoned by their military superiors and struggling to survive.

“Our command takes no responsibility,” Lapko said. “They only take credit for our achievements. They give us no support.”

When they could take it no longer, Lapko and his top lieutenant, Vitaliy Khrus, retreated with members of their company this week to a hotel away from the front. There, both men spoke to The Washington Post on the record, knowing they could face a court-martial and time in military prison.

“If I speak for myself, I’m not a battlefield commander,” he added. “But the guys will stand by me, and I will stand by them till the end.”

The volunteers’ battalion commander, Ihor Kisileichuk, did not respond to calls or written questions from The Post in time for publication, but he sent a terse message late Thursday saying: “Without this commander, the unit protects our land,” in an apparent reference to Lapko. A Ukrainian military spokesman declined immediate comment, saying it would take “days” to provide a response.

“War breaks people down,” said Serhiy Haidai, head of the regional war administration in Luhansk province, acknowledging many volunteers were not properly trained because Ukrainian authorities did not expect Russia to invade. But he maintained that all soldiers are taken care of: “They have enough medical supplies and food. The only thing is there are people that aren’t ready to fight.”

But Lapko and Khrus’s concerns were echoed recently by a platoon of the 115th Brigade 3rd Battalion, based nearby in the besieged city of Severodonetsk. In a video uploaded to Telegram on May 24, and confirmed as authentic by an aide to Haidai, volunteers said they will no longer fight because they lacked proper weapons, rear support and military leadership. . . . "

Lol, more horse shit propaganda from Ivan. Hopefully Putin and his lying minions all die real soon.
Read your own bs. You are full of propaganda that you go around and wish death to people. Like many here. Maybe, one day, the US can reduce another defenseless country to ashes - applauded by those who agitate against Russia now - to restore national pride. Why not Nauru this time. Encircle it with carrier groups and sink it. Freedom accomplished!

Read your own bs. You are full of propaganda that you go around and wish death to people. Like many here. Maybe, one day, the US can reduce another defenseless country to ashes - applauded by those who agitate against Russia now - to restore national pride. Why not Nauru this time. Encircle it with carrier groups and sink it. Freedom accomplished!
Die Russian kgb commie pos. Let your lies die with you.

Let the Z sink in, ukrobot. The propaganda als already turned you into a Ukrainian Zelensky voter. You are not acting by own decisions, you pitiful sheep.
I noticed he had to completely ignore that Washington Post article, which verifies your opening post. His cognitive dissonance DEMANDS not acknowledging that sources friendly to his side, have acknowledged that it isn't just propaganda.

:45:

When Ukraine has to finally sue for peace, his ass is going to be so chapped, he'll never acknowledge he was so wrong.

I noticed he had to completely ignore that Washington Post article, which verifies your opening post. His cognitive dissonance DEMANDS not acknowledging that sources friendly to his side, have acknowledged that it isn't just propaganda.

:45:

When Ukraine has to finally sue for peace, his ass is going to be so chapped, he'll never acknowledge he was so wrong.
I read in a MSM article that while the nazi battalions are equipped with best stuff available, some of the regular soldiers don´t even have a proper uniform.

I read in a MSM article that while the nazi battalions are equipped with best stuff available, some of the regular soldiers don´t even have a proper uniform.
Before the war broke out, it was no secret, and all of the MSM, especially the more progressive media, were concerned with the fascist movement connection to the Asov battalion.

There was even a diplomatic mission with McCain, Lindsay Graham, and Amy Klobuchar to the front lines Ukrainian Marines. The most highly trained NATO trained fighters, get equipped first.

Some of these agents, have been trained by our spooks, in the US.

from Reuters;

Commentary: Ukraine’s neo-Nazi problem​

,o1 a-4.jpg

. . . and this, little known connections to Charlottesville, supported by Deep State funding.. . . :eusa_think:

FBI Documents Reveal US May Have Funded Charlottesville Rioters Through Ukrainian Neo-Nazi Group — Documents Show Ties Between Azov Battalion, US Rioters​

Screen-Shot-2022-03-10-at-2.06.21-PM-1024x578.png

Screen-Shot-2022-03-10-at-2.10.59-PM-1024x387.png

Screen-Shot-2022-03-10-at-2.12.59-PM-1024x1020.png

iu

These stoopid progressives can't make up their damn minds - total suckers for being manipulated by the global Deep State and the establishment!

They hate Nazis, the love Nazis. . . :rolleyes:

Which is it? :dunno:

Last edited:
In March and April Ukraine was plugging the holes with whatever they could get. Those volunteer battalions didn't have any combat experience and almost no training. Most of them were raised and equipped by private individuals.

The WaPo piece isn't propaganda, but it's not reflective of the UA and they're more selective on who can join volunteer battalions today. They aren't looking for people without prior combat experience.

I think those guys were civilians who joined up with one the Territorial Brigades in the east or something like that. I don't know the details, but they weren't professional soldiers. I imagine the shock of Russian artillery made quite an impression on them.

The equipment problem remains, Ukraine has many more available fighters than weapons to equip them.

In March and April Ukraine was plugging the holes with whatever they could get.

it's not reflective of the UA and they're more selective on who can join volunteer battalions today.

Why were they desperate then, but not now? What has changed? Are they dealing with mercenaries not?

If so, this is a dangerous situation, mercenaries are hard to control, and are the most likely in a theater of war to commit war crimes.

Ukraine has many more available fighters than weapons to equip them.

This is not what I have read. I have read, that the weapons systems that NATO has, are not simple, and take many, many months to train folks, who begin with, at least an adequate High School education.

This is not the quality of manpower that we are working with. . . from what I have read, nor. . . do we have the time. . .

Why were they desperate then, but not now? What has changed? Are they dealing with mercenaries not?

If so, this is a dangerous situation, mercenaries are hard to control, and are the most likely in a theater of war to commit war crimes.
What changed is Ukraine was invaded. On 24 FEB they started mobilizing. People were volunteering en masse.

The people in the WaPo piece aren't mercenaries, they are Ukrainian volunteers. The week before 24 FEB, they were college kids or working in a shop, or whatever. 100,000 volunteers joined the Territorial Defense Forces in the first two weeks

Russia was invading from the north, the east, and the south. There weren't any real prepared defensive positions except in the Donbas. The UA couldn't be everywhere. Ukraine was in a mad scramble and those volunteer units were sent to places they otherwise would not have gone.

So someone from Kiev who was a student or artist or whatever, finds himself in Luhansk in a hastily prepared position without ever having any real training and he's not well equipped or provisioned. Supply line gets interrupted and he's eating potatoes for a couple days, and the shells are going off all around, and he's thinking "what the hell am I doing here?"

He wasn't sent there to charge the Russian lines, he was just manning a defensive position that came under attack.
This is not what I have read. I have read, that the weapons systems that NATO has, are not simple, and take many, many months to train folks, who begin with, at least an adequate High School education.

This is not the quality of manpower that we are working with. . . from what I have read, nor. . . do we have the time. . .
That is true, the NATO weapons cannot come online quickly. Man portable weapons are easier- someone who knows how to use an Igla can learn a Stinger in no time. Learing how to properly employ the weapon is what takes time- I think the US training on Javelin is a 3-month program. You can learn how to shoot one in a hour, but you aren't going to be useful in a battle.

The NATO artillery is very different, the calculations are different and based on different tables. Emplacement procedures are different, base deflections, angles, everything is just different. But with the towed 155's, the Ukrainians picked up in a week what we expected them to take 3 weeks. They aren't dumb, they are very good.

But training has to come in cycles, you can't train 100 crews up in 3 weeks, you have to do ten ea. classes of 3 weeks overlapping, staggered one week or something like that. At the same time you are training people, you are also trying to develop the training system itself. Not easy.

So first thing they were given was ammunition and soviet era equipment they could use right away, man portable systems they could learn fast, then towed tubes they could learn the NATO artillery procedures, then the SPH's like the Caesars and PhZ 2000's which are more sophisticated and take maybe 6-8 weeks of training.

The MRLS should be relatively short training since they are all GPS guided and it's mostly just learning the fire control system. No more difficult than a Grad or Smerch, just a much better system.

The drones will take more time, but they have skilled TB2 operators, so not starting from scratch. Those drones are not like MQ-9 or Predator- they are smaller and are limited to LOS radio communication. Their real value isn't the tactical strike, it's the ELINT and ground mapping they bring to the artillery battalions.

But as you note, it all takes time. Just organizing the logistics is time consuming. Identifying potential weapons for transfer, figuring out where they have to go and what happens when they get there, doing the site surveys, negotiating overflight and landing privileges, etc. It all has to be worked out before you can move the first piece of equipment.

Forum List

Back