Ultimate energy source

From your source...….
Try again?
Please Oh Wise One, you make the fractions for me, I do need your enlightenment.

No animosity intended or implied
:)-

you make the fractions for me

1 atm to 2 atm, pressure doubles, volume cut in half.
That's the extent of your correct calculations.

At 3 atm, the volume is 1/3rd the original, not 1/4th.
At 4 atm, the volume is 1/4th, not 1/8th.

I do need your enlightenment.

Or a calculator.

Or a calculator.
1 atm has a pressure of 33 lbs = 100 cubic feet
2 atm has a pressure of 66 lbs = 50 cubic feet
3 atm has a pressure of 99 lbs = 25 cubic feet
4 atm has a pressure of 132 lbs = 12.5 cubic feet
As I see it.
Now please use my example above while changing the values to fit your view
Thanks,

Boyle's Law: Air Volume = 1/ Pressure

Not a math person? This means that the deeper you go, the more air compresses. To find out how much, make a fraction of 1 over the pressure. If the pressure is 2 ATA, then the volume of the compressed air is ½ of its original size at the surface.
Every 33 feet of salt water = 1 ATA of pressure

What Scuba Divers Need to Know About Depth and Pressure

Not a math person? This means that the deeper you go, the more air compresses. To find out how much, make a fraction of 1 over the pressure. If the pressure is 2 ATA, then the volume of the compressed air is ½ of its original size at the surface.

Or a calculator.
As I see it.
Now please use my example above while changing the values to fit your view
Thanks,

As I see it.

Yes, I saw your error the first time. You don't have to keep repeating it.

1 atm has a pressure of 14.7 lbs = 100 cubic feet
2 atm has a pressure of 29.4 lbs = 50 cubic feet
3 atm has a pressure of 44.1 lbs = 33 cubic feet
4 atm has a pressure of 58.8 lbs = 25 cubic feet

Or a calculator.
Starting volume 100 cubic feet at 1 ATM

1 ATM = 100
2 ATM = 1/2 = (100/2) = 50
3 ATM = 1/3= (100/3) = 33.33
Etc.

I am beginning to understand what you have been trying to tell me.

I will re-evaluate my gizmos and plug in the changes

Whether I prove myself totally wrong or not I will repost this revised version to see if the ending output is larger than the input.

If the pressure is 2 ATA, then the volume of the compressed air is ½ of its original size at the surface.

If the pressure is 3 ATA, then the volume of the compressed air is 1/3 of its original size at the surface.

This revelation does not change the original principal. When you look at this in the reverse, bottom up;

ATM = 100
Combining the lifting force is still positive

If the pressure is 3 ATA, then the volume of the compressed air is 1/3 of its original size at the surface.
Yes I now agree and you must also agree that the volume at the bottom will expand as it rises and this expansion will increase the lifting force.

This revelation does not change the original principal. When you look at this in the reverse, bottom up;

ATM = 100

Never claimed the lifting force was negative.

Yes I now agree and you must also agree that the volume at the bottom will expand as it rises and this expansion will increase the lifting force.

the volume at the bottom will expand as it rises

Never denied the air expands as it rises.

Or a calculator.
Starting volume 100 cubic feet at 1 ATM

1 ATM = 100
Etc.

I am beginning to understand what you have been trying to tell me.

I will re-evaluate my gizmos and plug in the changes

Whether I prove myself totally wrong or not I will repost this revised version to see if the ending output is larger than the input.
You never come close to calculating either output energy or input energy.

JoeMoma,
I'm back in my office and attempting to re-due the drawing. I want to start this by using the air in two (2) two scuba tanks. A standard tank holds 80 cubic feet of air at 3,000 p.s.i.

The pressure at the bottom of my device is 264.6 p.s.i. (18 ATM)

If I release the air in both scuba tanks into the lower balloon, what would the volume of this balloon be at this depth, 264.5 p.s.i; 594 feet down?

I am asking you this while I await my sons arrival to my office. I hope he can help me on this.

In the end I want to know the volume of the balloons at--

18 ATM
15 ATM
12 ATM
9 ATM
6 ATM
3 ATM
1 ATM

Last edited:
Compressing air to get it down to where the buckets need to be filled will take more energy than you get out of it.
I understand where you are coming from but you also need to take into account that five (5) buckets with air in them will be pulling together. And to maintain the process all you need to do is fill the lower bucket to keep the process running.

right/wrong?

Compressing air to get it down to where the buckets need to be filled will take more energy than you get out of it.
I understand where you are coming from but you also need to take into account that five (5) buckets with air in them will be pulling together. And to maintain the process all you need to do is fill the lower bucket to keep the process running.

right/wrong?
Wrong! People keep telling you but you refuse to believe. Law of conservation of energy -- look it up. Oh.. wait.. I will even do it for you. The law of conservation of energy: A simple introduction

JoeMoma,
I'm back in my office and attempting to re-due the drawing. I want to start this by using the air in two (2) two scuba tanks. A standard tank holds 80 cubic feet of air at 3,000 p.s.i.

The pressure at the bottom of my device is 264.6 p.s.i. (18 ATM)

If I release the air in both scuba tanks into the lower balloon, what would the volume of this balloon be at this depth, 264.5 p.s.i; 594 feet down?

I am asking you this while I await my sons arrival to my office. I hope he can help me on this.

In the end I want to know the volume of the balloons at--

18 ATM
15 ATM
12 ATM
9 ATM
6 ATM
3 ATM
1 ATM
Scuba tanks! Aren't you suppose to be pumping the air down via a pipe.

Rigbt5,
I now know that I have made some drastic errors in my original drawing. I am in the process of correcting these errors; once done I will introduce the new drawing here. I hope you come back and add your thoughts.

Scuba tanks! Aren't you suppose to be pumping the air down via a pipe.
JoeMoma,
The method of getting the air to the bottom is not the real issue here but the costs of energy needed is. I decided that I could use scuba tanks as my starting point. It costs $5 to fill a scuba tank in the USA. In reference to costs, I thought I would start here.

Forum List

Back