Ultimatum: Shutdown unless Obamacare delayed

He's provoking you...

Conservatives aren't necessarily partisan either.

he is expressing the narrow-minded progressive worldview that only parrots the talking points they are given and does not think for himself.

otherwise what TD posted should be obvious for anybody.

He's provoking you...

he is expressing the narrow-minded progressive worldview that only parrots the talking points they are given and does not think for himself.

Progressives aren't narrowminded. They just know how to play word games to get on your nerves.

A lot of conservatives need to understand their opposition isn't stupid. People can play dumb.

When confronted by any situation that seems distasteful I ask myself one question:

How can I profit from this?

And y'know.....viewed through that lens....Obamacare is a friggin' GOLD MINE!

He's provoking you...

Progressives aren't narrowminded. They just know how to play word games to get on your nerves.

A lot of conservatives need to understand their opposition isn't stupid. People can play dumb.

they don't get on my nerves at all. they are amusing in their stupidity.
and parroting.

I've seen that before, it's a deja vu for me :D

Oh, and I know how it ends.

When military paychecks stop going out and the nuts in the GOP realize they're being blamed for it,

the GOP will surrender.

No they won't.

The decision was announced by the GOP leadership in a closed meeting Saturday afternoon, according to sources present. Republicans will also pass a separate bill to fund U.S. troops if the government shuts down, GOP lawmakers said.

Government shutdown: Shutdown looms larger after GOP move on Obamacare - POLITICO.com

I hope they won't. Surrender.

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

I hope they don't surrender either.

If the House does what it sounds like, a bill will go to the Democratic Senate funding the Government, and paying the military--because they are essential, as opposed to, say, a Chicago community social worker. And it will include a provision delaying ObamaCare for a year.

And if the Senate lets it die, then they will have closed down the Government. And the tax payers will understand this, as opposed to the government tit-suckers who won't. Fuck them.

Of course, the National Media will toe the line for Obama like Pravda did for the Politburo...but the Republicans have to trust in the a fact that there are enough Jeffersonians out there to sustain them.

Let the Senate shut the fucking government down. It does more harm than good anyway. It is like an errant child on crack cocaine. Open it back up after its gone through Rehab--and let the first patient be the IRS.

Last edited:
First they wanted to defund Obama cares, then they wanted to delay it a year, next they will want a pony,....

Choppedliver_zps3a94e321.png

YAY! Boehner throws down the gauntlet to "President I am King and won't negotiate Obama".

This is an example of the OP’s partisan idiocy.

The ACA was passed by both Houses of Congress in accordance with the Constitution, signed into law by the president in accordance with the Constitution, and upheld as indeed Constitutional by the highest Court in the land.

This is solely a matter for Congress to again address if it so desires, separate and apart from issues concerning funding the government or paying the government’s bills; where a president cannot be compelled nor expected to ‘negotiate’ concerning legislation lawfully enacted and implemented, and affirmed as Constitutional by the courts.

This was also a bill that was rushed through on one party lines with hardly any debating. This is also a bill that is over 2,000 pages long where even the minority leader in the House said and I quote "“We have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it”

Also, Obama said that you don't have to change or switch doctors with this bill and we found that is completely untrue. Each week we are seeing things come out that are wrong with this bill and we need to delay it or defund it so we can improve and fix the bill or completely get rid of it .

YAY! Boehner throws down the gauntlet to "President I am King and won't negotiate Obama".

This is testicular fortitude at its finest.

How's that working out for you?

If I was an Obama supporter I'd have little to be happy about, so, yeah, I'd bump these threads because it's better than talking about 7% unemployment for 5 straight years.

So now do you own the economy?

This is testicular fortitude at its finest.

If I was an Obama supporter I'd have little to be happy about, so, yeah, I'd bump these threads because it's better than talking about 7% unemployment for 5 straight years.

Naw.

And the 5 straight years thing is incorrect too.

Unemployment bumped up to 10% in 2009..and then dropped to around 7% before the Tea Party got into congress in 2010. That's when everything grinded to a halt. Even so, Obama economic policies still were slowly decreasing the number of people seeking unemployment checks until this shutdown.

You own what you own. And stopping the government has consequences.

Naw.

Unemployment bumped up to 10% in 2009..and then dropped to around 7% before the Tea Party got into congress in 2010. That's when everything grinded to a halt. Even so, Obama economic policies still were slowly decreasing the number of people seeking unemployment checks until this shutdown.

He sort of amplifies my point though;

The GOP had it lined up beautifully for 2014 then they pulled this crazy stunt. It would be much better for them--politically--if they just let Obamacare and the economy tied to it falter; right? So you have to wonder they they went to the wall over this minor thing in an off year....

Something tells me that somewhere in the bowels of the GOP headquarters, there is a study about Obamacare and that it's going to work. Otherwise; what was the point to try to get the Dems to abandon it.

Surely the GOP knows the history of midterms and how it almost always favors the Party not in the Oval Office.
Surely the GOP knows that shutting down the government is not viewed well by the voters from 1995.
Surely the GOP knows that if Obamacare were to fail and the economy with it that it will be owned by the Dems
Surely no one is going to contest that either party is so in love with the American people that this was a "people first" initiative.

I'm betting they looked at it; how popular it is going to be when fully implemented; and decided this was their last hope to put the genie back in the bottle.

Naw.

I'm confused if we own it why is Obamacare the law of the land and the government reopened??

That means dems own it

Also we have 5 straight years of economy stimulated 7% unemployment checks your blah blah to the contrary notwithstanding

Naw.

The GOP had it lined up beautifully for 2014 then they pulled this crazy stunt. It would be much better for them--politically--if they just let Obamacare and the economy tied to it falter; right? So you have to wonder they they went to the wall over this minor thing in an off year....

Something tells me that somewhere in the bowels of the GOP headquarters, there is a study about Obamacare and that it's going to work. Otherwise; what was the point to try to get the Dems to abandon it.

Surely the GOP knows the history of midterms and how it almost always favors the Party not in the Oval Office.
Surely the GOP knows that shutting down the government is not viewed well by the voters from 1995.
Surely the GOP knows that if Obamacare were to fail and the economy with it that it will be owned by the Dems
Surely no one is going to contest that either party is so in love with the American people that this was a "people first" initiative.

I'm betting they looked at it; how popular it is going to be when fully implemented; and decided this was their last hope to put the genie back in the bottle.

The economy is already faltering

Naw.

LOL yeah Obamacare is gonna work that's why people who aren't exempt from it are howling about increase in premiums and 2 months salary of deductibles.... should have read the fucker before we passed it

Naw.

The biggovloving Rs want the (un)aca because ... well, it's biggov. But they don't want to be tied to owning it because ... well, obama! So what do they do? Put on a dog and pony show, holding funding 'hostage' (yeah, uh look at how long that lasted, 15 minutes or so?) and in the end caved. But they say "oh, we fought the good fight, we tried, blah, blah, blah". So they say they tried, they appease their base, they appeased the TP but in the end they did exactly what they were going to do anyway ... and the biggovloving Rs are just right as rain about that. Nothing has changed, they (both sides) just keep on going and say moronic things like "we'll address serious spending cuts in just a bit, a couple of months. No, for real real this time". :blahblah: :rolleyes:

As for the (un)aca, doesn't matter if it's popular or not it isn't going anywhere except to morph into single payer when, at some point, the gov't decides it is unsustainable as is. Might be sooner rather than later, judging from the colossally screwed up system they implemented.

Forum List

Back