Umrah + Tourism = Growth

Sally

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2012
I would have thought that something like this was going on previously. After all, the pilgrims spend a lot of money going to the Haj so they should also be allowed to see other things while they are in Saudi Arabia.

Umrah + Tourism = Growth

• Prince-Sultan-bin-Salman_0.jpg

In this file photo, Prince Sultan bin Salman speaks during an interview in Houston. (AP)
JEDDAH: P.K. ABDUL GHAFOUR

Published — Sunday 18 January 2015

Last update 18 January 2015 8:00 pm

| |
ico-fonts.png
A A

Prince Sultan bin Salman, president of the Saudi Commission for Tourism and Antiquities (SCTA), says his organization plans to launch the “Umrah-Plus Tourism” program shortly, allowing foreign pilgrims to visit the Kingdom’s tourist resorts, historical sites and museums.
“The SCTA will coordinate with the Foreign, Interior and Haj Ministries to implement the program,” the prince said, adding that it would have a big impact in changing the perception of Haj and Umrah pilgrims about historical sites in the country while boosting the Kingdom’s economy.

Continue reading at:
Umrah Tourism Growth Arab News?

I would have thought that something like this was going on previously. After all, the pilgrims spend a lot of money going to the Haj so they should also be allowed to see other things while they are in Saudi Arabia.

Umrah + Tourism = Growth

In this file photo, Prince Sultan bin Salman speaks during an interview in Houston. (AP)

| |
ico-fonts.png
A A

Prince Sultan bin Salman, president of the Saudi Commission for Tourism and Antiquities (SCTA), says his organization plans to launch the “Umrah-Plus Tourism” program shortly, allowing foreign pilgrims to visit the Kingdom’s tourist resorts, historical sites and museums.
“The SCTA will coordinate with the Foreign, Interior and Haj Ministries to implement the program,” the prince said, adding that it would have a big impact in changing the perception of Haj and Umrah pilgrims about historical sites in the country while boosting the Kingdom’s economy.

Continue reading at:

very interesting, Sally------the HAJ actually did grow out of
a pre Islamic commercial enterprise. Mecca was a commercial center on the SILK ROAD-----and once Islam
landed-------that culturally diverse city got screwed. In order to keep himself welcomed -----and popular-----the BIG
MO had to come up with a way to keep it ALIVE-----it is
the real reason for the HAJ thing-------to maintain the alliance between islam and at that time the only actual CITY
in Arabia. Long ago when I was young (and beautiful) ---
a young Pakistani physician told me about his HAJ-----an
arduous thing back then--------one had to wear a white sheet--
and carry a bottle of water and a bag of dates-------and use the desert for ------"personal acts" ------etc a simple tent
at night. I commented "you need a few good jewish businessmen over there to fix it up for you"---------it was a bad
scene----I thought the poor guy would SPONTANEOUSLY COMBUST. now they will be needing kosher delis all over the country. How are you at carving pastrami?

Umrah + Tourism = Growth

| |
ico-fonts.png
A A

Continue reading at:
Do tell .... :cool:

Umrah + Tourism = Growth

| |
ico-fonts.png
A A

Continue reading at:

very interesting, Sally------the HAJ actually did grow out of
a pre Islamic commercial enterprise. Mecca was a commercial center on the SILK ROAD-----and once Islam
landed-------that culturally diverse city got screwed. In order to keep himself welcomed -----and popular-----the BIG
MO had to come up with a way to keep it ALIVE-----it is
the real reason for the HAJ thing-------to maintain the alliance between islam and at that time the only actual CITY
in Arabia. Long ago when I was young (and beautiful) ---
a young Pakistani physician told me about his HAJ-----an
arduous thing back then--------one had to wear a white sheet--
and carry a bottle of water and a bag of dates-------and use the desert for ------"personal acts" ------etc a simple tent
at night. I commented "you need a few good jewish businessmen over there to fix it up for you"---------it was a bad
scene----I thought the poor guy would SPONTANEOUSLY COMBUST. now they will be needing kosher delis all over the country. How are you at carving pastrami?

I don't think I ever carved a pastrami. Would a brisket do? By the way the manager of the IHOP my French neighbor and I went to the other day is a Muslim from India, but he at one time worked for the Saudi airlines and was able to go on the Haj four times. So many Muslims would be envious of that I would imagine. One thing I have to say about him (and I am sure it is true of a lot of Muslims working in places like IHOP) that it doesn't appear to bother him carrying plates with bacon, ham or sausages that are served with the eggs and pancakes.

Forum List

Back