UN braces for action...

How quickly you forget 9/11!

You are such a rube!

Doesn't justify this Permanent War policy. The more we invade and bomb, the more Terrorists we create. We should leave those lands. We don't belong in them. We killed Saddam Hussein and Bin Laden. It's over now. Time to get out of Iraq and Afghanistan. We've already been there way too long.

We can kill all the people we want, but the problems in those countries won't go away. We opened Pandora's Box in Iraq especially. The Sunnis and Shiites will continue to fight each other. We destabilized that situation. But it's time to leave and allow them to sort out their problems. If they choose all-out Civil War, so be it. That'll be their decision. It's their country, not ours.

Yeah but.

I have some sympathy for Assad. For one thing, the US armed and funded the ISIS rebels Assad is having to fight. That's not cool, but that's in the past. Special forces have been assisting in painting targets and whatnot.

Can Russia and Syria and Iran fix the mess by themselves? If so, let them.

I really think there should be a US/Russian/Iran/Syrian/NATO type coalition for a while until ISIS is eradicated.

That last president we had could have decimated ISIS while they were in convoy.

He chose not to. Very odd decision. It has cost hundreds of thousands of lives since. It's all on his head, too.

Very good points. Wikileaks showed that both Obama and Clinton were aware that Saudi Arabia and other 'Allies' in the region were funding & arming ISIS. They kept it secret from the American People. I think it was just about criminal.

It was all about our Government's disturbing close relationship with Saudi Arabia. I mean, it is the country that bankrolled the 9/11 attacks. I think it may be the most evil nation on earth. I'm ashamed my Government considers it a 'Close Friend.'

OK. Let's assume for minute you are are correct. Saudi Arabia funds ISIS because they oppose Iran, which the Saudis oppose. The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

BTW, we are not funding ISIS, we are fighting non-ISIS rebels who are opposing Assad. There are more than two sides in this conflict.

Turkey is our ally and helping us fight ISIS while at the same time they are killing Kurds who are fighting ISIS.

You don't even have the first clue as to what is going on over there, so I suggest you simply shut up until you do.

I don't want ISIS, Saudi Arabia, or Turkey as a 'Friend.' I don't subscribe to your convoluted thinking.

The question is: How did he come to those misguided conclusions? Answer: The AP.

The UN announced that the use of chemical weapons by Isis in Mosul could represent a violation of international law...and be a war crime. Beyond that, they stood paralyzed much like Foo and his apoplexy over Ws wmd allegations. In the meantime...Obabbles strategic patience seems to still rule the day.

UN says chemical weapon use in Mosul would be war crime | News | DW.COM | 04.03.2017
What the fuck are they going to do use harsh language. The UN is a worthless bureaucratic pile of shit We would be better off kicking their asses out of the complex in NY and turning it into a home for Veterans.

The UN announced that the use of chemical weapons by Isis in Mosul could represent a violation of international law...and be a war crime. Beyond that, they stood paralyzed much like Foo and his apoplexy over Ws wmd allegations. In the meantime...Obabbles strategic patience seems to still rule the day.

UN says chemical weapon use in Mosul would be war crime | News | DW.COM | 04.03.2017
What the fuck are they going to do use harsh language. The UN is a worthless bureaucratic pile of shit We would be better off kicking their asses out of the complex in NY and turning it into a home for Veterans.

I would like to see us scale back our involvement with the UN. It's a Globalist institution that doesn't always have American best interests in mind. I don't see why American Taxpayers are forced to fund it. But i'm willing to compromise. We should be involved only in a strictly humanitarian fashion. We don't need to be involved with much else. If it isn't solely serving American Citizen interests, we should limit our involvement.

I would like to see us scale back our involvement with the UN. It's a Globalist institution that doesn't always have American best interests in mind. I don't see why American Taxpayers are forced to fund it. But i'm willing to compromise. We should be involved only in a strictly humanitarian fashion. We don't need to be involved with much else. If it isn't solely serving American Citizen interests, we should limit our involvement.
Scale back ? I say completely drop. The US gives the UN around 8 billion a year. We could really fix some shit with that kind of cash.

Scale back ? I say completely drop. The US gives the UN around 8 billion a year. We could really fix some shit with that kind of cash.

I hear ya, but i gotta be realistic. We ain't leaving the UN. At the end of the day, the Globalists run the show in the world. The UN, NATO, IMF, and so on = Massive Money & Power for the Globalist Elites.

They ain't giving all that up anytime soon. So we're in the UN for the foreseeable future. The best we can hope for is achieving a major scaling back of involvement.

It may not always have the best interest of the US at heart BUT scaling back only ensures that it has the US best interest at heart even less.

We need to be central to the UN until it ceases to exist because it is exactly that - a globalist institution. The less involvement we have there the more likely it will directly oppose US interests.

Last edited:

It may not always have the best interest of the US at heart BUT scaling back only ensures that it has the US best interest at heart even less.

We need to be central to the UN until it ceases to exist because it is exactly that - a globalist institution. The less involvement we have there the more likely it will directly oppose US interests.
So. The US pays over 20% of the UN's regular budget , 25% of its peacekeeping duties and there's probably black budget money we don't even know about that the Fed dishes out to them. What the fuck can they do without Uncle Sam's tit to suck off of.

So. The US pays over 20% of the UN's regular budget , 25% of its peacekeeping duties and there's probably black budget money we don't even know about that the Fed dishes out to them. What the fuck can they do without Uncle Sam's tit to suck off of.
Not much which is why we essentially control the UN's security council.

Not much which is why we essentially control the UN's security council.

I hear ya, and i'm ok with supporting strictly humanitarian efforts. Feeding, Clothing, and Housing those in need, is something i can get behind. The rest of the stuff i can do without.

Overall, i don't feel American Taxpayers should be forced to fund a Globalist Institution that doesn't solely have American Citizens' best interests in mind. I would support dramatically scaling back involvement, or leaving the UN all-together.

Trump likes torture, a war crime.

Who enforces 'War Crimes' laws? The US and West do. Therefore, you'll never see either be held accountable for War Crimes. They own the International Court System. The only ones held accountable for War Crimes, are those deemed enemies of the US and West. It's a completely rigged system. No US or Western officials will ever be held accountable.

It's the old adage... 'Might makes Right.' You think you're gonna prosecute US and Western officials for War Crimes? Well then go for it. Let's see how far you get. Most Americans really are so naive on issues like this. Torture is just fine, if you own the mechanisms that are supposed to enforce the laws against it. 'Might makes Right.' It is what it is.

Forum List

Back