🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Unbelievable

One of the greatest athletes in recent American history was Dan Gable. If I recall he was something like 190-1 from High School through College, then won the Gold in the Olympics. Probably one of the Greatest Coaches, any sport, all time.

Always underrated when the top athletes of all time lists come out.

Now his sport won't be in the Olympics?

Outrageous.

One of the greatest athletes in recent American history was Dan Gable. If I recall he was something like 190-1 from High School through College, then won the Gold in the Olympics. Probably one of the Greatest Coaches, any sport, all time.

Always underrated when the top athletes of all time lists come out.

Now his sport won't be in the Olympics?

Outrageous.

Truly outrageous. Dan Gable was a college teammate of Carl Adams, a legend in his own right, who has coached the BU Wrestling program for decades; the program that is being shut down after next season.

Outrageous.

Maybe it's time to resurrect a true Olympics where the competitors run and jump and wrestle and throw things...in the nude.
Let the ladies compete though.
Get rid of all the extra crap and get back to basics.

wait

Is this that dumbassed law where schools must have equal boy and girl sports and if the girls don't play the boys lose out?

They are saying it's a money thing, but that makes no damn sense at all. Wrestling costs next to nothing to run.

wait

Is this that dumbassed law where schools must have equal boy and girl sports and if the girls don't play the boys lose out?

They are saying it's a money thing, but that makes no damn sense at all. Wrestling costs next to nothing to run.

So much talent will be lost. I simply do not understand how schools keep sports around ( I think we all know the ones I speak of that do NOTHING for the schools) while dropping those that people actually enjoy.

And the thing is, BU just recently added Men's Lacrosse as a varsity sport, are a building a huge new field house. Crying poverty is bullshit on every level.

Obviously wrestling is too violent for the IOC girly-men. The IOC members all get boners when they watch synchronized swimming and ping pong........nice, non-physical, wimpy sports.
The problem is there is absolutely nothing violent about authentic Greco/Roman wrestling, which is in fact relatively boring to watch -- except for other wrestlers, relatives, friends, and fraternal supporters.

The kind of wrestling which appears to be violent, the WWE seen on television, is called professional wrestling and is choreographed -- totally theatrical.

Obviously wrestling is too violent for the IOC girly-men. The IOC members all get boners when they watch synchronized swimming and ping pong........nice, non-physical, wimpy sports.
The problem is there is absolutely nothing violent about authentic Greco/Roman wrestling-- .

You might reconsider that if you stepped on the mat.

I remember meeting him a few times.

This is extra odd.

I follow mma, and wrestling is THE base to have for the sport, so with it's rise, you'd think it would be in more demand.

odd, very odd.

Some pro mma guys, Kenny Florian for example, are coming out with statements in support of the growing effort to save wrestling at BU. God bless them for it.

I remember meeting him a few times.

He showed up at our school one day to recruit a member of our team. I can remember him taking all kinds of time to talk to anyone that wanted to talk to him. Never met a nicer person, even though our meeting lasted about 12 seconds.

Forum List

Back