🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Unbelievable

Like everything now it's all about ratings and money.
Beach volleyball anyone?

Wins by knockout and/or injusry are quite common.

Um, not really, but good points nonetheless.

No, ah, really.

Olympic wrestling via Google...

Olympic Alternate Greco-Roman wrestling. Years active, 1997–present (MMA). Mixed martial arts record. Total, 40. Wins, 27. By knockout, 7. By submission, 4 ...

Rank, Olympian Freestyle Wrestling ... By knockout, 1 ... a silver medal in Olympic wrestling, which she won at the 2004 Summer Olympics in Athens, Greece.

Wins, 22. By knockout, 10. By submission, 7. By decision, 5. Losses, 7 ... compiled an amateur wrestling record of 296–0 through his senior year at Augsburg. ... (winning his first Olympic Gold before his Junior year) LeVesseur ended his high ...

I coulld go on or you could just use that link to see that I am right.

Wins by knockout and/or injusry are quite common.

No, ah, really.

Olympic Alternate Greco-Roman wrestling. Years active, 1997–present (MMA). Mixed martial arts record. Total, 40. Wins, 27. By knockout, 7. By submission, 4 ...

Rank, Olympian Freestyle Wrestling ... By knockout, 1 ... a silver medal in Olympic wrestling, which she won at the 2004 Summer Olympics in Athens, Greece.

Wins, 22. By knockout, 10. By submission, 7. By decision, 5. Losses, 7 ... compiled an amateur wrestling record of 296–0 through his senior year at Augsburg. ... (winning his first Olympic Gold before his Junior year) LeVesseur ended his high ...

LOL, you need to read that info more carefully. You are confusing MMA records with Greco and Freestyle records. Neither Greco nor Freestyle have wins by submission or knockout, and injury 'knockouts' are very rare (and not one of the goals of the bout). Injuries happen, but are not very commonly the end of the bout (and again, not a goal in themselves).

Last edited:

No, ah, really.

LOL, you need to read that info more carefully. You are confusing MMA records with Greco and Freestyle records. Neither Greco nor Freestyle have wins by submission or knockout, and injury 'knockouts' are very rare (and not one of the goals of the bout). Injuries happen, but are not very commonly the end of the bout (and again, not a goal in themselves).

I studied under an OLYMPIC gold medalist, amigo.

Douglas Morlan Blubaugh (December 31, 1934 – May 16, 2011) was an American wrestler and Olympic champion. He competed at the 1960 Olympic Games in Rome, where he received a gold medal in freestyle welterweight, defeating the five-time world champion Emam-Ali Habibi.[1]

His record to win that Olympic gold was 11 wins four by knockout. ( I need to check those numbers but I KNOW many of his wins were by KOs)

Slamming people's heads on the mat from a standing position has a way of taking the fight out of them, amigo.

There is quite an uproar in the wrestling world over this. Several petitions are circulating via facebook and elsewhere. Go sign one and let these IOC clowns know how badly they've fucked up.

It is very fucked up. Big disappointment.

No, ah, really.

I studied under an OLYMPIC gold medalist, amigo.

Douglas Morlan Blubaugh (December 31, 1934 – May 16, 2011) was an American wrestler and Olympic champion. He competed at the 1960 Olympic Games in Rome, where he received a gold medal in freestyle welterweight, defeating the five-time world champion Emam-Ali Habibi.[1]

His record to win that Olympic gold was 11 wins four by knockout. ( I need to check those numbers but I KNOW many of his wins were by KOs)

Slamming people's heads on the mat from a standing position has a way of taking the fight out of them, amigo.

I don't care who you "studied under" (a suspicious turn of phrase), there is no provision in either freestyle or greco for winning by knockout or submission. There simply isn't. In fact, while matches can end because of injury, if it is determined that a wrestler has deliberately injured his opponent, HE is disqualified. Yes, dropping someone on his head can demoralize an opponent - I'm all but certain that I'm more familiar with this fact than you are - but if you deliberately place your opponent in a 'potentially dangerous' position, you will be warned, penalized, or disqualified. The goal of wrestling is not to injure each other (and certainly not to knock each other out) but to demonstrate dominance.

What you have offered so far makes it sound like your 'knowledge' comes from some googled information that you didn't read carefully or understand fully. Perhaps you are misunderstanding a 'win by fall' to mean 'knockout.' It does not.

And, of course, the real point remains the outrageously poor decision by the IOC. A lot of people around the world are working on getting that decision reversed. Hopefully these efforts will be successful.

Btw, the NCAA Div 1 National Championships are on ESPN right now if anyone is interested.

Btw, the NCAA Div 1 National Championships are on ESPN right now if anyone is interested.

Just watched the finals again before deleting them to make room on the DVR. Nobody who understands what they are looking at could find that boring.

It is amazing how many schools have dropped the sport. Was it just a couple years ago that the University of Nebraska - Omaha dropped it while the team was winning the Nationals?

It's ridiculous. Schools are throwing tradition (and valuable lessons) out the window. Maybe the sport is too rough for the wussified sensibilities of society today?

Forum List

Back