United States needs a Prime Directive

I remember in history class the message was World War I happened because the American people were isolationist. World War II happened because the American people didn't learn their lesson and continued to be isolationist. Now, the lesson has been learned and the United States keeps the world safe from the Communists through a network of alliances. Children, don't you dare grow up to be isolationists.

I'm just imagining what would have happened if we had that in March 1941
Prior to both world wars America was isolationist and had to scramble when the world came knocking. We can say something is not our problem but as the most influential country in the world everything is our problem to some extent.

I'm just imagining what would have happened if we had that in March 1941

1626820364441.png

It was almost that way in both those wars.

The United States at that time was worried about causing a civil war in both those instances due to the number of German-Americans inside its borders.

*****SMILE****

:)

The politicians who allow massive illegal immigration aren't motivated by Christian charity but greed. They want a large pool of cheap labor.

The politicians who allow massive illegal immigration aren't motivated by Christian charity but greed. They want a large pool of cheap labor.

The businesses are attracting them here. Granted politicians support that. (of both parties)

The businesses are attracting them here. Granted politicians support that. (of both parties)
Millions of laborers who work at less than minimum wage, don't demand overtime pay, and won't file a worker's compensation claim if they're injured.

The Prime Directive is never followed, James Kirk always finds an excuse to break it.

Just the other day in the episode "A Private Little War", Kirk armed a bunch of villagers with muskets, to fend off the other village who had flintlocks provided by the Klingons.

Dr. McCoy was horrified at the thought.

So much for the "Prime Directive." We should be arming the Taliban with muskets.

Last edited:
I would say allow anyone in but don't allow employers to pay anyone below minimum wage under the table.

I see no difference. All the same, the argument by many is "don't let them in regardless".

There is a difference, whether you see it or not. In 2021, there are 14.5 million illegals living in the US.

In FY 2020, USCIS Received 519,700 applications for Lawful Permanent Resident (LPR) Status. That was while Trump was President, mind you.

How has this changed under Biden? Would you like to take a guess? The results within a 95 percent probability lay between 16 million and 29 million, illegals currently in the US, with 22.1 million as the mean.

Actual Number of Illegal Immigrants in U.S. Could be 35 Million, Compared to Official Estimate of 11 Million

So you don't even think of how this is going to effect you, your family, your economy, and your country?

Is that the same Jefferson who sent warships to the Mediterranean, to subdue the Barbary Pirates?
That war was initially instigated due to an an outright attack on U.S commercial shipping by the Ottoman corsairs(privateers). The so called "open seas" are often the beginning of many hostilities as no one nation owns the oceans/seas of the world. Foreign entanglements would, by our founding fathers interpretation, appear to mean siding with one nation against another when no direct threat by either warring nation is evident against our USA. Unfortunately, due to human nature war seems the preferred state of existence for the vast majority of humanity. As T1 once said to the kid..."It's in your nature to destroy yourselves." Sad but true.

Last edited:
I remember in history class the message was World War I happened because the American people were isolationist. World War II happened because the American people didn't learn their lesson and continued to be isolationist. Now, the lesson has been learned and the United States keeps the world safe from the Communists through a network of alliances. Children, don't you dare grow up to be isolationists.
Unfortunately technology has advanced to such a state of possible devastation that isolation is no longer a plausible answer. Until human nature can be altered to a state of non aggression(impossible as no one even knows what human nature consists of) the threat of human annihilation appears to be our future,

It seems that it's exactly what the former president had in mind but we opted for a feeble minded old man who really isn't in charge.

View attachment 515096

Old Joe the current president is refusing to allow Cuban refugees in.

Where's his and your Christian charity on that issue?

*****SMILE*****

:)

I don't speak for Joe nor did I vote for him so I have no obligation to make excuses for him. I would say the same thing to him if I saw him or he posted here.

Forum List

Back