University Rejects Student Government Nominee Because He is a "Straight White Male"

tooAlive

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2012
United States
A Northwestern University student was rejected as a sudent government nominee because he was a "straight white male," and therefore "out of touch" with other multi-cultural groups.

A student’s bid to become associate vice president of diversity and inclusion at Northwestern University was derailed last Wednesday over accusations that his status as a white heterosexual male would make it impossible for him to perform the position’s duties.

Northwestern student govt nominee's confirmation blocked because he is a ?heterosexual white male?

Nominee Stephen Piotrkowski’s bid for the associate vice president of diversity and outreach was derailed earlier this month after students claimed he could not effectively serve a diverse constituency because of his gender, race, and sexuality.

While the Student Senate was largely condemned for using Piotrkowski’s status as a straight white male to block his confirmation, Northwestern student Paul Jackson thought the body’s actions were justified.

“[A]s a white male, Piotrkowski has enjoyed the privilege of not having to meaningfully encounter multicultural communities and leaders,” wrote Jackson in a letter to the editor published in the Daily Northwestern this past Sunday.

Letter to the editor defends decision to reject student gov nominee because he is straight white male

I think this just about proves that liberalism is a mental disorder.

The work comes from The Leadership Institute.

The Leadership Institute trains conservatives

Founded in 1979 by its president, Morton C. Blackwell, LI provides training in campaigns, fundraising, grassroots organizing, youth politics, and communications. The Institute teaches conservatives of all ages how to succeed in politics, government, and the media.

The Institute offers 40 types of training schools, workshops, and seminars; a free employment placement service; and a national field program that trains conservative students to organize campus groups.

Since 1979, LI has trained more than 120,000 conservative activists, leaders, and students. The Institute's unique college campus network has grown to more than 1,500 conservative campus groups and newspapers.
About Leadership Institute

The LI is concerned with action not accuracy.

Sucks dont it.

School_Integration.jpg

The work comes from The Leadership Institute.

The Leadership Institute trains conservatives

Founded in 1979 by its president, Morton C. Blackwell, LI provides training in campaigns, fundraising, grassroots organizing, youth politics, and communications. The Institute teaches conservatives of all ages how to succeed in politics, government, and the media.

The Institute offers 40 types of training schools, workshops, and seminars; a free employment placement service; and a national field program that trains conservative students to organize campus groups.

Since 1979, LI has trained more than 120,000 conservative activists, leaders, and students. The Institute's unique college campus network has grown to more than 1,500 conservative campus groups and newspapers.
About Leadership Institute

The LI is concerned with action not accuracy.

What does that have to do with anything?

His application got denied because he's a "straight white kid."

That's racism, Jakey boy.

This countries fucked...

We can look at the black community to see where this leads. Black males no longer give a damn as they're discouraged from having any reasonability within the leftist mind...Same thing is coming at us white males.

Reverse discrimination has been the norm for quite a few years now. Forget trying to get a position based solely on merit. It's the things you have no control over that make you desirable to the left. If the liberals really felt all people were equal, they would choose candidates because of qualifications, but instead they focus on race, gender and sexual orientation (things that should never be an issue). I guess they don't think some people have what it takes, so they need to get points based on the color of their skin or have points taken away based on the color of their skin. Never mind what else a person has to offer besides being of a certain race or gender. Makes no sense to me, but they say it's only fair to favor some people over others. I'd choose real equality, but that it no longer an option.

Next thing you know liberals will argue that "straight white males" aren't fit to run for president.

Luckily, most americans aren't as stupid and demented as university officials.

Next thing you know liberals will argue that "straight white males" aren't fit to run for president.

Luckily, most americans aren't as stupid and demented as university officials.

This is why liberalism is so sick. We can all see where they're leading us down the street of judging someone.

Just that we will be judging someone else this time. What happen with treating everyone equally under the law?

When I first read the OP I had to follow the link to ensure that it wasn't an Onion or other Satrical website.

I am sad to report it wasn't.

How this could get any support from anyone is beyond me.

As much as I hate to defend any liberal from other liberals, I have to ask this question..

If it weren't for people like him, straight, White, Males, who felt that Gays and other minorities were being treated badly and were discriminated against, where would those gays and other minorities be today?

They would still be discriminated against and treated badly.

When I first read the OP I had to follow the link to ensure that it wasn't an Onion or other Satrical website.

As much as I hate to defend any liberal from other liberals, I have to ask this question..

If it weren't for people like him, straight, White, Males, who felt that Gays and other minorities were being treated badly and were discriminated against, where would those gays and other minorities be today?

That's an excellent point.

And in a way, those minorities are now biting the hand that gave them rights in the first place.

It is truly sad indeed.

And in a way, those minorities are now biting the hand that gave them rights in the first place.

It is truly sad indeed.

What ever good liberalism stands for certainly goes away when one group can start judging other people. Whatever your morality maybe and believe me I think some of this stuff is certainly weird, but if we're gioing to treat everyone equal! Why the fuck do the very thing you hate?

It is truly sad indeed.

What ever good liberalism stands for certainly goes away when one group can start judging other people. Whatever your morality maybe and believe me I think some of this stuff is certainly weird, but if we're gioing to treat everyone equal! Why the fuck do the very thing you hate?

The term "equality" is broken in this country.

The irony of this thread is ASTOUNDING.

No, the hypocrisy from you people is appalling.

Really? 'Cause I'm "on the left" and I disagree with the student governing board. I'll bet you, on the other hand, didn't think Judge Walker should have ruled on Prop 8 (because he's got the gay on him) and don't mind that you can be fired in over half the states simply for being gay. m'I right?

The irony of this thread is ASTOUNDING.

Really? 'Cause I'm "on the left" and I disagree with the student governing board. I'll bet you, on the other hand, didn't think Judge Walker should have ruled on Prop 8 (because he's got the gay on him) and don't mind that you can be fired in over half the states simply for being gay. m'I right?

Not really. Although the employers have the right to hire and fire whom they wish for whatever reason. But when Liberals applaud these types of decisions, we have a giant credibility problem here.

Not really. Although the employers have the right to hire and fire whom they wish for whatever reason. But when Liberals applaud these types of decisions, we have a giant credibility problem here.

Who is applauding? I saw one person who said "sucks don't it?"

Sucks don't it?

Forum List

Back