Unless i am gravely mistaken this shutdown is based on LOCAL decisions not federal.

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Every state/city has reacted differently and with different timing to this mess.

For instance here in KC we have been shutdown for almost a month but a majority of the state was open for business until recently when our govenor finally followed suit.

So while the Feds have issued their so called guidelines they have exercised no authority that I know of to force compliance on a national level.

If your state/city has you locked down and you feel it is unnecessary it seems to me your beef is with them, not Trump.

Am I wrong?

Every state/city has reacted differently and with different timing to this mess.

For instance here in KC we have been shutdown for almost a month but a majority of the state was open for business until recently when our govenor finally followed suit.

So while the Feds have issued their so called guidelines they have exercised no authority that I know of to force compliance on a national level.

If your state/city has you locked down and you feel it is unnecessary it seems to me your beef is with them, not Trump.

Am I wrong?
You have unwittingly made one of the most damning indictments of Trump's response that I've seen.

Am I wrong?
You have unwittingly made one of the most damning indictments of Trump's response that I've seen.
If you believe he should have invoked martial law then yes. If you know that would have been a terrible move then no.

You are the United States for a reason, so this is how it is supposed to work. The Feds can provide resources, opinions and advice, but as a Canadian, my personal opinion is your imperfect union is a better system than a centrally controlled system.

We've seen the politics for 3 years, MSM played it during this virus, including as they followed the impeachment. Odd timing for both the virus and impeachment to intersect, that's for sure.

Am I wrong?

No, it is fairly clear the feds have absolutely zero medical jurisdiction.
Perhaps they should have authority, but that would take a constitutional amendment.

You are the United States for a reason, so this is how it is supposed to work. The Feds can provide resources, opinions and advice, but as a Canadian, my personal opinion is your imperfect union is a better system than a centrally controlled system.

We've seen the politics for 3 years, MSM played it during this virus, including as they followed the impeachment. Odd timing for both the virus and impeachment to intersect, that's for sure.

Yes, I like our system of a weak central government.

The lack of a uniform, proactive apolitical response is why Trump is not getting high marks on this. His learning curve is even steeper than the fatality curve. This is not a good time for a president to have had no real grasp of basic middle-school biology.

Am I wrong?
Exactly.

We SHOULD have had national leadership in this but instead we have a patchwork of response...which is "less than optimal" in dealing with something of this scale

Am I wrong?
Exactly.

We SHOULD have had national leadership in this but instead we have a patchwork of response...which is "less than optimal" in dealing with something of this scale
So you favored invoking martial law then....

Obviously you know that without that Trump has NO AUTHORITY over the states.

Of note...Florida didn't shut down until just last week...when Trump demanded it.

By what authority did Trump "close down Florida" then.

No it was not an official mandate...but He made it happen...as he should have for the entire nation...weeks ago.

But oddly..Trump thinks he has the authority" to "open up".

And the OP will support that of course

By what authority did Trump "close down Florida" then.

No it was not an official mandate...but He made it happen...as he should have for the entire nation...weeks ago.
He didn't close Florida. He voiced an opinion. The same opinion some other states heeded and some didn't.
Without invoking martial law he has no official authority over states.

But of course you already know this because you asshats sue him all the time when he does something you don't like.

Am I wrong?
Exactly.

We SHOULD have had national leadership in this

And if we did, you'd be calling Trump a dictator

Am I wrong?

Yeah so what is this “ decision” your blob has to make he was talking about yesterday?

94166811-5B44-48C0-A993-EE73B540435C.jpeg

What specifically has the federal government closed that needs to be reopened?

Forum List

Back