Unrigging Our Elections

Not in the least, that is a false statement.

What I've spoken about consistently in this thread is NOT eliminating the secret ballot as suggested in Post #5 of this thread, that has no bearing on ensuring that the registration rolls are accurate or that legitimately registered voters cast ballots.

Those are two very different questions.

WW
So how would you answer the second question?

Signature verification is not a reliable system. I've had my own signature challenged when I knew it was my signature. Sometimes you don't sign things the same way for humans to judge correctly.

Thing is, you are assuming there is massive fraud and there has yet to be provided any evidence that there is.
If it is not reliable why have mail in voting? You just are not to bright, are you?

1683327257921-png.782571

Again, not talking about signature matches for postal voting.

Do you agree that eliminating the secret ballot by putting a serial number on every ballot and then linking that to the person that cast the vote is a not a good a idea?

WW
Signature matching is what I am talking about. Glad that is cleared up.

The GOP don't get that the rest of America will not allow it to go back to the white privilege of the 1950s.

Not yet ...but they will eventually. It's gonna take something a bit more shocking to wake them up...maybe something like this.....
After a few million whites, their sons, daughters, wives, sisters, brothers are murdered in cold blood just for being white.....MAYBE they will wake up.
Doubtful still. This is actually becoming much more common than the Left controlled media is reporting.
Just keep doing nothing. You or someone you love can be next.
btw...being armed wouldn't have help either of these two white men.
Oh...and should you TRY to defend yourself or your child, be prepared to rot in prison.

Black man charged with murdering two White strangers in Oklahoma because of their race​

Black man charged with murdering two White strangers in Oklahoma because of their race

Tulsa.png

A Black man has been charged with fatally shooting two White strangers in the back of the head in Tulsa, Oklahoma, as part of what authorities are calling a racially motivated hate crime.

Carlton Gilford allegedly shot and killed two men to whom he did not have any connection on April 18, according to the Tulsa Police Department.

Police said Gifford, who according to jail records is homeless, went inside the Rudisill Library around 9:40 a.m., walked up behind a man sitting at a desk, and shot him in the back of the head.

After the library shooting, police said, Gifford went to a nearby QuikTrip convenience store and shot 55-year-old James McDaniel in the back of the head. When the victim fell to the ground, the suspect shot him again. McDaniel died at the scene.

Last edited:
So how would you answer the second question?

You probably aren't going to like it.

But here goes.

Premise:
  • All citizens (born or naturalized) over the age of 18 are entitled to vote in federal elections unless their francize is removed by due process.
  • The old days of having to "get" a social security number when you are in your teens or getting ready to work are long gone. Now they are issued at birth or upon naturalization.
  • The Federal government can now (or should be able to) identify all citizens (born or naturalized)
Fundamental changes:
  • Establish a Federal Bureau of Elections (FBE) whose purpose would be to integrate data from the States, Social Security Administration, Internal Revenue Service, United States Postal Service, and U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.
  • The FBE would make this data available to State Secretaries of State (or whomever is responsible for elections in a given state, things may vary) for dissemination within the State.
  • There would no longer be "voter registration". All citizens (born or naturalized) over the age of 18 would automatically be eligible to vote. The question then becomes determining their residence, which of course then drives the precinct where they vote and the candidates for whom they can vote.
  • The FBE would integrate citizen eligibility information from all sources and make it available to the state for conducting elections for federal office. If the State wished to use that information for state/local elections, they are welcome to. Or they can setup whatever parallel system they like (like keeping the current model) for non federal elections.
  • Information on births would flow into the system from State Departments of Vital Statistics (Births, Deaths, Marriages, etc.) and the Social Security Administration.
  • Current address information would be updated based on changes in the various agencies (SSA, IRS, State DMV's, USPS, etc.)
  • When a persons franchise is taken away through due process (court action for criminal conviction or determination of mental deficiency), this is reported to FBE by the federal or state court which has jurisdiction over the case. If the state restores the voting franchise that is also entered into the system.
I'm a database guy, and my rough guess is it would take 20 years (once approved) since it would be a government project:
  • First you would need the politicians with the will to make it happen.
  • Second you would need the politicians with the will to fund it to make it happen.
  • Third you have to get the approving and funding legislation passed.
  • Then you would need the contractors to build the software which would be used by all the components with different types of access.
  • Then the contractors would have to create the interface processing to go from one agency to another such as inputs from the SSA, IRS, State DMVs, State Vital Statistics, USCIS, etc. then the data distribution systems to the various Secretaries of State and they would have to develop systems for real time distribution internal to the state.
  • Probably 10 years of system analysis and design work just to get something to the Alpha testing state. From there you fix the problems then go back to testing. Eventually when a fairly functional system is ready you get to Beta Testing for full functional testing and system stress analysis. After that there are likely to be a few years of "parallel" election cycles needed where the "new" system is operated in parallel with the old system for finally review and certification. Only then can you make it the primary system.
  • All along the way the design considerations will have to examine data structure, date transfer, and data integrations - but there will need to be an extraordinary emphasis placed on (A) redundancy, (B) backups, and (C) security to keep information safe and prevent nefarious "hacking".

WW

Signature matching is what I am talking about. Glad that is cleared up.

Which was irrelevant to the conversation you injected yourself into by directly responding to my post with something my post had nothing to do with.

Glad that is cleared up.

WW

Premise:
  • All citizens (born or naturalized) over the age of 18 are entitled to vote in federal elections unless their francize is removed by due process.
  • The old days of having to "get" a social security number when you are in your teens or getting ready to work are long gone. Now they are issued at birth or upon naturalization.
  • The Federal government can now (or should be able to) identify all citizens (born or naturalized)
Individual states can already do this. Why not require them to do so rather than create a new federal bureaucracy?

Individual states can already do this. Why not require them to do so rather than create a new federal bureaucracy?

I don't understand.

There is no requirement that individual states do this or share the data with other states and I doubt individual states are sharing and extracting data from the SSA, IRS, and USCIS.

As a matter of fact recently some GOP states have been withdrawing from their limited data share agreement.

To make the system work you need one program manager which makes sense for it to be at the federal level instead of 50 program managers.

WW

There is no requirement that individual states do this or share the data with other states and I doubt individual states are sharing and extracting data from the SSA, IRS, and USCIS.
1. There should be a federal requirement that that states update and verify voter rolls, including signatures.
2. States can already verify SSNs if warranted (e.g., several adults living at same address).
3. Why wait ten years?

1. There should be a federal requirement that that states update and verify voter rolls, including signatures.

OK. Under my suggestion there would be no "voter rolls" to update.

2. States can already verify SSNs if warranted (e.g., several adults living at same address).

Verifying SSN isn't verifying residence with the SSA, IRA, USPS. The point was to bring the information together into a single access point.

3. Why wait ten years?

Why wait for what? What you said? No, I'm sure a state official can call the SSA and verify someone's social security number now.

Building an integrated system of data sharing between various state agencies and various federal agencies would a whole new level of information systems infrastructure. That doesn't happen overnight. (And I said more than likely 20 years, IMHO, from approval to finally going online. And that means there wouldnt be any "waiting", those involved would have to work very hard to make that happen.

WW

Last edited:
It's not about rigged elections. The problem is that neither side is willing to accept the other in power. Partisan idiocy has reached such a fever pitch that a loss, especially at the federal level, sends them into full-blown denial.

Not sure I can get on board. Is there no chance Republican could go back to running on issues and ideasm instead of culture war? That might have an appeal.
only if the elections exclude mail in ballots.

Forum List

Back