Up yours Castro

The embargo?

Yep. According to the Rabbit, Castro is going to sue us over it.
It wasn't really fair what we did to cuba..

"Fair" doesn't mean anything. Life isn't "fair".

I agree that we fucked up in the way that we handled Cuba in the past, but "fairness" doesn't have anything to do with it.
Figure of speech.

I know, but I think it's still an important point to make.

Morals and politics are separate.

How this country has acted to Cuba is bad because of geopolitical reasons, not because it was morally wrong or unfair.

I'm a realpolitik guy. Welcome to the boards.

The embargo?

I agree that we fucked up in the way that we handled Cuba in the past, but "fairness" doesn't have anything to do with it.
Figure of speech.

How this country has acted to Cuba is bad because of geopolitical reasons, not because it was morally wrong or unfair.

I believe, personally, it was morally wrong, but to each his own. Thank you good sir.

Figure of speech.

I believe, personally, it was morally wrong, but to each his own. Thank you good sir.

Personally, I believe that morals apply to people, not states.

Figure of speech.

People make up states.

Figure of speech.

People make up states.

Of course. And I expect that all world leaders are at least somewhat influenced by their individual moral compasses, as it should be.

But the actions of states cannot really be measured by an observer's (me and you) moral compass.

Forum List

Back