UPS Drivers to make $170k in union deal

I am happy as a lark with FedEx AND UPS. I've always had a great rapport with any and all friendly drivers. I have great respect for the demands they are up against and when those little "how'd we do" online surveys arrive in my Inbox after a delivery I praise them 99.9% of the time. The manager of a local hub calls me back and personally thanks me. I tell the manager I also appreciate ALL of their other employees who work so hard to coordinate to keep things on track as much as humanely possible. What a nightmare it must be.

I forgive drivers on those occasional delayed deliveries during any holiday season for I know how hard they are trying to stay on an almost impossible schedule, traffic, weather-wise and customer demands-wise, so I try to get all my shopping needs accomplished by those busier than normal seasons. I live in a small coastal ( 9500 ) town so online shopping is very important to me and those drivers and I have super relationships. They bring me not only my order but great big SMILES! :thanks:

UPS treats their employees like crap. Not sure why anyone would want to work there.
That's an understatement....
A way back when in my twenties I worked at a UPS hub at night part time. The culture was horrendous. The group supervisors were all instructed to find one person every night who was underperforming and write them up. It didn't matter how well the person worked if everybody in his group was just a little more efficient than him he was the bad guy for that day and got a warning. It was called the least best policy. UPS got the pants suit off of them for that one but they used it for years and they still use it although more subtly. In short their management sucks when it comes to employee treatment.

40 grand? That's all bread truck drivers make? Why even show up for that slave pittance? Talk about being abused.

That's an understatement....
A way back when in my twenties I worked at a UPS hub at night part time. The culture was horrendous. The group supervisors were all instructed to find one person every night who was underperforming and write them up. It didn't matter how well the person worked if everybody in his group was just a little more efficient than him he was the bad guy for that day and got a warning. It was called the least best policy. UPS got the pants suit off of them for that one but they used it for years and they still use it although more subtly. In short their management sucks when it comes to employee treatment.
Sounds about right. I think my brother lasted a week and he quit. Plus the facility was not employee friendly. No AC ,crappy break room etc..

Forum List

Back