US cuts funding to UN ---- about time.

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH’: U.N. Ambassador Haley Withdraws America’s $500,000,000
‘ENOUGH IS ENOUGH’: U.N. Ambassador Haley Withdraws America’s $500,000,000
Liberals around the world should have figured out by now that President Trump isn’t bluffing when he threatens action. When the administration reported that it was going to hold the U.N. accountable for their duplicity and reprehensible anti-Israel agenda, no one believed it.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com
OH NO! HOW DARE THE UN WANT ISRAEL TO STICK TO SAME LAWS AND UN REGULATIONS AS THE REST OF THE WORLD! JUST HORRIBLE!

But China and Russia didn't have to stick to the environmental standards the US had to in the Paris accords.

Accordingly to you, different standards for different nations is not fair.
Lot bigger issues Israel is causing and doing than some stupid environmental standards.

Liberals around the world should have figured out by now that President Trump isn’t bluffing when he threatens action. When the administration reported that it was going to hold the U.N. accountable for their duplicity and reprehensible anti-Israel agenda, no one believed it.

OH NO! HOW DARE THE UN WANT ISRAEL TO STICK TO SAME LAWS AND UN REGULATIONS AS THE REST OF THE WORLD! JUST HORRIBLE!

But China and Russia didn't have to stick to the environmental standards the US had to in the Paris accords.

Lot bigger issues Israel is causing and doing than some stupid environmental standards.
/---- Other than trying to exist peacefully and defending their borders and citizen - what exactly issues is Israel causing? ---- Or did I answer my own question?

Looks like Cowboy let's other people think for him.

Are you saying that China and India did not say their emissions would peak in 2030?

That's 12 1/2 years of increasing emissions for those nations before they will start to drop.

Isn't that too late for the Al Gore asslickers and snowflake chicken little?

Won't NYV be underwater by 2030?

This what was available... Every country sets up there own target and tries to keep to it... Not legally binding...

So your problem is now that Paris was not strict enough...

China and India asked a simple question, How can 5% of the world produce 25% of the CO2? China done drastic changes and what they are proposing to do it is even further... 90% of China Electricity come from Coal, by 2045 even energy consumption increase of 50%approx the plane to bring their dependency on Coal down to 45%...
This is far more than US is doing and they don't have the luxury of being able to frack at the level US can...

/---- Other than trying to exist peacefully and defending their borders and citizen - what exactly issues is Israel causing? ---- Or did I answer my own question?

You know they are facilitating the invasion of Palestine... Even Israelis agree with that... The ethnic cleansing of areas of palestine has nothing to do with security...

I have drunk with Israeli soldiers and they openly describe any one who takes a young family to a war zone as an irresponsible idiot. while they have no love for Palestinians they think the Illegal settlers are just heavily armed pricks who they have to spend weeks out of every year defending... They are abusive to the israeli troops, a lot are orthodox, so they don't have to serve in the army...

While they say they don't like Palestinians, hey it is a war... They know their history and Palestinians protected the Jews during the Holocaust. The illegal settlers are usually not born in Israel and a lot are 'Russian nutjobs'.... But they are all very clear, there will be no peace while the Illegal Settlers are there...

Oh dear boy...this is just sad. Go read all the UN condemnations of the international laws they have violated. Off top of my head I know about the use of white phosphorous on civilians,genocide of Palestinians,occupation of West Bank and Gaza and Golan Heights. There are HUNDREDS more. Israel is a terrorist state and I will cheer with several beers when they get annihilated.

They declined to be exterminated. For that the entire Arab world hates them.

They declined to be exterminated. For that the entire Arab world hates them.
So in return THEY are doing the exterminating not only of the Palestinians but doing so by controlling the US government and pushing for wars that help Israel's cause but certainly NOT the US's cause and it kills off a nice chunk of the next generation which are mostly white males so the white birth rate falls. You clowns cheer it on all because muh bible told me so.

screw the UN, what are they gonna do to us..sanction us???? mthey should sanction us, they should sanction us with their army....oh thats right, they dont HAVE an army, so they should just STFU(points if anyone can guess who I stole that from)

laugh7putin.gif

In history nothing bad has ever happened from major powers walking away from their responsibility too the rest of the world.

Oh wait.

Never mind.

/----- The US stoped oil sales to Japan in response to the Rape of Nanking and other atrocities. The result was Japan's attack on 12/7/1941. So how is Pearl Harbor the result of the US walking away from responsibilities ? Do you have any clue about WWII?

Chances are I forgot more about wwII and modern history then you know. So I'll spell out the point. In 1919 president Wilson had the idea to establish an organisation that had as it's goal to force nations to settle their differences by negotiations. They called it the league of nations Unfortunately fearing it would force the US into another war congress refused to ratify it. Without the support of arguably the economically strongest nation in the world at that time, the league of nations wasn't able to enforce it's will on other major belligerent nations. The example of the US also gave Japan the justification to walk out when they felt the league was making decisions they didn't like. The same isolationist tendencies that gripped the US post wwI are creeping it now. The US is creating a power vacuum. In history invariably when major power shifts occur violence ensues as other countries try to fill that vacuum. The only thing that keeps those forces in check are organisations like the UN. The same organization that people are calling to be dismantled in this OP.

/---- The UN is useless. Look at all the wars since it was formed. All they do is posture, attack Israel and then have lunch. And you don't know what I know about WWII.

You are right I don't know what you know about WWII. I do know that history, especially modern history, especially military history is somewhat of a passion of mine. I read extensively on those subjects to the point that I can claim to be somewhat of an expert. That's why I said. CHANCES ARE I forgot more than you know. Since I know a lot more than most and your posts don't speak to a particularly in depth knowledge on the subjects, this seems a reasonable claim.
- As to your claim that the UN is useless. South Korea wouldn't make that claim in 1950. Adlai Stevenson wouldn't make that claim during the Cuban Missile Crisis. The millions of Children who where helped by UNICEF wouldn't claim so. Neither would the millions of people who were saved from starvation by UN relief programs or from war by peacekeeping missions. There have been failures but the UN in general had a positive effect on the world.
- Now for Israel. I'll give an analogy. Suppose Canadians would set up neighbourhoods in NY. Say that from now on Americans weren't allowed in those neighbourhoods. Canadian soldiers would be posted to protect those neighbourhoods and roads protected by soldiers would be constructed to Canada. If you could say after that, that the UN shouldn't condemn these actions, then you can say Israel are the good guys.

In history nothing bad has ever happened from major powers walking away from their responsibility too the rest of the world.

Oh wait.

Never mind.

History not your strong suit?

The united nation's created Hitler

Never mind.

Show me the part of the Constitution that says we're responsible to the rest of the world. Sounds to me like you're making a neocon argument here.

Forum List

Back