US cuts funding to UN ---- about time.

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH’: U.N. Ambassador Haley Withdraws America’s $500,000,000
‘ENOUGH IS ENOUGH’: U.N. Ambassador Haley Withdraws America’s $500,000,000
Liberals around the world should have figured out by now that President Trump isn’t bluffing when he threatens action. When the administration reported that it was going to hold the U.N. accountable for their duplicity and reprehensible anti-Israel agenda, no one believed it.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com
In history nothing bad has ever happened from major powers walking away from their responsibility too the rest of the world.

Oh wait.

Never mind.

/----- The US stoped oil sales to Japan in response to the Rape of Nanking and other atrocities. The result was Japan's attack on 12/7/1941. So how is Pearl Harbor the result of the US walking away from responsibilities ? Do you have any clue about WWII?

This will enable the UN to work properly. Without US stranglehold the UN can address issues blacklisted by the US and won´t act as extension of the US foreign policy in the future. About time to relocate the UN to a proper and sovereign country. Russia for example.
Yeah, now they can pass those 500 denunciations of Isreal.

Pulling our funding to the UN does not mean we are walking away from the rest of the world, we can still do the humanitarian efforts we already do around the world. And do it without so much of our money going into the pockets of the greedy UN bureaucrats and despots around the world. We can and should be in total control of our charity efforts, who gets what and when and where. And that goes for the other UN programs that are worth supporting. Far as I'm concerned, we can send the whole mess of liars and thieves packing somewhere else.

The USA is about 5% of the worlds population, yet we fund over 20% of the UN.

China is about 20% of the Worlds population, yet they fund about 7% of the UN.

Fuck that bullshit. That's snowflake math.

We aren't better than any other nation, we shouldn't be paying such a disproportionate amount of the bill.

How much do various countries contribute to the UN Budget?

18 Countries contribute more than 1% each to the UN regular budget. 135 countries contribute less than 0.1% each including India’s neighbours Pakistan, Bangladesh and Nepal.

Un-Budget-Top-10.png
Out of the 193 countries part of the UN, the top 20 countries contribute 83.78% while the other 173 countries contribute 16.22% only. The top 10 contributors account for 68.89% of the total contributions. The total regular UN budget for the year 2016-17 is $ 5.6 billion.

UN-Budget-Top-20-Vs-rest.png

We aren't better than any other nation, we shouldn't be paying such a disproportionate amount of the bill.

18 Countries contribute more than 1% each to the UN regular budget. 135 countries contribute less than 0.1% each including India’s neighbours Pakistan, Bangladesh and Nepal.

Un-Budget-Top-10.png
Out of the 193 countries part of the UN, the top 20 countries contribute 83.78% while the other 173 countries contribute 16.22% only. The top 10 contributors account for 68.89% of the total contributions. The total regular UN budget for the year 2016-17 is $ 5.6 billion.

Looks like Trump found another swamp to drain...

I mean really........what was the last thing the UN has done for America that was positive?

Apart from Syria, Sudan, Congo, Lebanon...

You clueless idiots know pretty much nothing about the 120,000 troops the UN has on the ground costing $8bn a year... Think about that..
That is good value... The reduction will only save US $150m a year and those savings were coming anyway and Europe was generally in agreement... There has been a natural slow down in UN peacekeeping jobs worldwide.

I know a few UN troops and they are incredibly brave doing what they do... They have no artillery support or air support sometimes with no bullets... There job is very hard and to be done right involves risk and incredible discipline...

The problem they are having recently is that they are finding it harder to get 1st world troops in enough numbers run all their operations... This leads them needing to use troops more from Africa who aren't at the same level...

But as value for money goes it is great value and stop conflicts escalating out of control...

I mean really........what was the last thing the UN has done for America that was positive?

Apart from Syria, Sudan, Congo, Lebanon...

You clueless idiots know pretty much nothing about the 120,000 troops the UN has on the ground costing $8bn a year... Think about that..
That is good value... The reduction will only save US $150m a year and those savings were coming anyway and Europe was generally in agreement... There has been a natural slow down in UN peacekeeping jobs worldwide.

I know a few UN troops and they are incredibly brave doing what they do... They have no artillery support or air support sometimes with no bullets... There job is very hard and to be done right involves risk and incredible discipline...

The problem they are having recently is that they are finding it harder to get 1st world troops in enough numbers run all their operations... This leads them needing to use troops more from Africa who aren't at the same level...

But as value for money goes it is great value and stop conflicts escalating out of control...

Lmao @ no bullets. Impotent

Liberals around the world should have figured out by now that President Trump isn’t bluffing when he threatens action. When the administration reported that it was going to hold the U.N. accountable for their duplicity and reprehensible anti-Israel agenda, no one believed it.

OH NO! HOW DARE THE UN WANT ISRAEL TO STICK TO SAME LAWS AND UN REGULATIONS AS THE REST OF THE WORLD! JUST HORRIBLE!

Un-Budget-Top-10.png

US has by far the most control... They also have the UN in New York, look at hotel prices in NYC in September...

And by the way US 5% of the World Population... How much CO2 is US producing?

In history nothing bad has ever happened from major powers walking away from their responsibility too the rest of the world.

Oh wait.

Never mind.

/----- The US stoped oil sales to Japan in response to the Rape of Nanking and other atrocities. The result was Japan's attack on 12/7/1941. So how is Pearl Harbor the result of the US walking away from responsibilities ? Do you have any clue about WWII?

Chances are I forgot more about wwII and modern history then you know. So I'll spell out the point. In 1919 president Wilson had the idea to establish an organisation that had as it's goal to force nations to settle their differences by negotiations. They called it the league of nations Unfortunately fearing it would force the US into another war congress refused to ratify it. Without the support of arguably the economically strongest nation in the world at that time, the league of nations wasn't able to enforce it's will on other major belligerent nations. The example of the US also gave Japan the justification to walk out when they felt the league was making decisions they didn't like. The same isolationist tendencies that gripped the US post wwI are creeping it now. The US is creating a power vacuum. In history invariably when major power shifts occur violence ensues as other countries try to fill that vacuum. The only thing that keeps those forces in check are organisations like the UN. The same organization that people are calling to be dismantled in this OP.

It would make sense for the predominantly left wing administration in New York City to try to recoup some of the money the NYPD spends on security for the bar scene in Star Wars aka the U.N. but sadly it seems that international liberalism trumps (pardon the pun) fiscal responsibility.

Last edited:
Its about time....
Now we need to expel the UN from New York City, and let them find a new home where they would be more appreciated.... Like communist China

OH NO! HOW DARE THE UN WANT ISRAEL TO STICK TO SAME LAWS AND UN REGULATIONS AS THE REST OF THE WORLD! JUST HORRIBLE!

But China and Russia didn't have to stick to the environmental standards the US had to in the Paris accords.

Accordingly to you, different standards for different nations is not fair.

But China and Russia didn't have to stick to the environmental standards the US had to in the Paris accords.

Accordingly to you, different standards for different nations is not fair.

That is complete horseshit and I suggest you actually go and learn what the agreement was about before making yourself look atupid...

I am sorry but being wilfully ignorant on this forum seems like an actual defense...

Where are you getting your information from?

Looks like Cowboy let's other people think for him.

Are you saying that China and India did not say their emissions would peak in 2030?

That's 12 1/2 years of increasing emissions for those nations before they will start to drop.

Isn't that too late for the Al Gore asslickers and snowflake chicken little?

Won't NYV be underwater by 2030?

Oh wait.

Never mind.

Chances are I forgot more about wwII and modern history then you know. So I'll spell out the point. In 1919 president Wilson had the idea to establish an organisation that had as it's goal to force nations to settle their differences by negotiations. They called it the league of nations Unfortunately fearing it would force the US into another war congress refused to ratify it. Without the support of arguably the economically strongest nation in the world at that time, the league of nations wasn't able to enforce it's will on other major belligerent nations. The example of the US also gave Japan the justification to walk out when they felt the league was making decisions they didn't like. The same isolationist tendencies that gripped the US post wwI are creeping it now. The US is creating a power vacuum. In history invariably when major power shifts occur violence ensues as other countries try to fill that vacuum. The only thing that keeps those forces in check are organisations like the UN. The same organization that people are calling to be dismantled in this OP.

/---- The UN is useless. Look at all the wars since it was formed. All they do is posture, attack Israel and then have lunch. And you don't know what I know about WWII.

Forum List

Back