US fighter jets flying missions in Iraq.

They're flying them from the USS GHW Bush carrier over ISIS held territory to create fear in the minds of the jihadists - just like we were told would've been a useless exercise on the night of the Benghazi attack.

They're flying them from the USS GHW Bush carrier over ISIS held territory to create fear in the minds of the jihadists - just like we were told would've been a useless exercise on the night of the Benghazi attack.

Well I remember the far left mocking of "shock and awe". It is amazing now how silent thy have become..

Well I remember the far left mocking of "shock and awe". It is amazing now how silent thy have become..

like deer in the headlights..

I don't remember that. I know I certainly never said that. Something is better than nothing and certainly better than a hashtag campaign.

I heard on the news yesterday June 17th that 1,000 people (US citizens) were being evacuated leaving 5,000 remaining there. That seems to be a catastrophe in the making like Benghazi.

The embassy complex employs 15,000 people [...]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Embassy_of_the_United_States,_Baghdad

Seems like there's a huge potential for a reenactment of of the Amemb in Saigon here, since we've already shown that we don't defend our embassies very aggressively.

Last edited:

I don't remember that. I know I certainly never said that. Something is better than nothing and certainly better than a hashtag campaign.
I sure do Gramps. I heard it debated multiple times and put down by the president's apologists, with the concept supported by the likes of Charles Krauthammer and Steve Hayes, but then I was watching FNC.

Not to mention... They told us the war on terror was over, the enemy had been defeated.

Unless you have controllers on the ground to guide them to targets what's the point? Surely we would not launch airstrikes without that and risk civilian deaths.

They could attack the front lines of the advancing army, since this crew is actually behaving more like an army than a guerrilla force. We could stymie them, especially since they are using a lot of stolen US personnel carriers and even tanks which are pretty darned identifiable..

They could also be used in the army's rear to cut them off from their logistical support and isolate and divide them. Just saying.

Last edited:
Unless you have controllers on the ground to guide them to targets what's the point? Surely we would not launch airstrikes without that and risk civilian deaths.

They could attack the front lines of the advancing army, since this crew is actually behaving more like an army than a guerrilla force. We could stymie them, especially since they are using a lot of stolen US personnel carriers and even tanks which are pretty darned identifiable..

They could also be used in the army's rear to cut them off from their logistical support and isolate and divide them. Just saying.

All possible of course all this depends on if this another Obama Syria type red line.

It is rumored that the ISIS has stinger missiles. We could get one of our pilots in their hands, a redux of Pfc Bergdahl. That would really suck.

As I'm sure you all know, we have no Status of Forces Agreement with Iraq.

It's better than boots on the ground.

Grandpa is suffering from Alzheimers. That aside. Special Forces are boots on the ground. Just thought I should clarify the definition of what a boot touching the ground is.

As long as there are no "boots on the ground," (code for only a few thousand or any amount of peacekeepers allowed) then it's not a war!

Kill brown people, the liberals cheer!

Spend money we don't have on more Not Wars, the liberals cheer!

Expand the empire for oil, the liberals cheer!

All because the guy that is President has a D next to his name. Proving that Obama-bots are just as mindless as the Bush-bots were /are.

Grandpa is suffering from Alzheimers. That aside. Special Forces are boots on the ground. Just thought I should clarify the definition of what a boot touching the ground is.

It's all about prospective. Obama might define boots on the ground as "when I say we have boots on the ground." Until then you might find yourself as a some racist far right Obama haters

The OP was referencing the mission of the jets, which I assume is an alternative to placing more boots on the ground. Special Forces have a limited scope compared to combat troops, but I had already said earlier on another thread that they should just evacuate rather than set those soldiers up to be slaughtered.

Forum List

Back